The Founder Institute (www.fi.co), the world’s largest startup launch program with over 1,000 graduate companies, announced today that it will be officially launching its first chapter in Manila.
With plans to run two semesters annually, the program aims to launch over 15 meaningful and enduring companies per year in the Philippines.
Anyone interested in launching a technology company is welcome to apply to the Manila Founder Institute at http://fi.co/apply/manila.
In less than five years of existence, the Silicon Valley-based Founder Institute has helped aspiring entrepreneurs launch over 1,017 companies across over 55 cities and 6 continents, which have created over 10,000 new jobs. Through the Founder Institute’s rigorous four-month program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company with structured training, expert feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs - without quitting their day job.
News of the launch was announced by in an article by Phoebe Magdiriliaa on Tech in Asia titled, The Founder Institute arriving in Manila.
In order to celebrate the launch, the Manila Founder Institute will host a “Pre-Curriculum” of free startup events for the general public;
- Startup Pitch Bootcamp, with Jessica Mah (CEO of inDinero)
2014-05-08, 06:30 PM
- Founder Institute Information Session
2014-05-15, 06:30 PM
- Making the Leap from Employee to Entrepreneur
2014-05-22, 06:30 PM
Manila is uniquely positioned to build meaningful startup companies, and the recent growth of its startup ecosystem is a testament to that. There are more startup events and incubators in Manila than in many other developed startup ecosystems, and the Founder Institute can provide Silicon Valley-inspired training to help improve the skills of entrepreneurs before they apply for incubators and seed funding." - Adeo Ressi, Founder & CEO of the Founder Institute
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Manila are Dale David, Founder of Pickld, who also founded the non-profit organizations MightyMinds, FilipinoMatters and GoTOTO; David Elefant, a startup incorporation specialist who has successfully mentored numerous startups; and Allan Tan, Founder of Ideyatech, creative software application company and has spent the last 10 years working in information technology.
“Manila is gaining speed on the startup ecosystem, as more and more accelerators and incubators are coming out, and even more great ideas are born each day,” says Allan Tan, Co-Director of the Manila Founder Institute. “With more than 100 million in population in the Philippines, the potential for successful startups is huge.”
“The Founder Institute is an amazing opportunity for startups to participate in, I wish I had this when I was first starting”- Dale David, Co-Director of the Manila Founder Institute.
"The Philippines is fast becoming a major center for startups in Asia,” says David Elefant, Co-Director of the Manila Founder Institute. “Foreign investors have placed the Philippines on their investment maps, and by participating in the Founder Institute program, aspiring entrepreneurs can begin to build businesses suitable for venture investment.”
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Allan Tan: CEO/President, Ideyatech, Inc.
- Alvin Juban: President, Game Developers Association of the Philippines (GDAP)
- Arup Maity: President , BlastAsia & Xamun Inc.
- Calen Legaspi: CEO, Orange and Bronze Software Labs
- Christoph Sollich: The Pitch Doctor, Startup Consultant
- Dave Condon: Founder & CEO , Axon
- David Elefant: Founder, Dayanan Business Consultancy
- Erick Garayblas: Founder, KuyiMobile.com
- Ferdinand Sarfati: President & CEO, Transcenture
- Jay Fajardo: CEO, Proudcloud Inc.
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Jessica Mah: CEO/Founder, inDinero
- Joey Gurango: CEO, Gurango Software
- Jojo Flores: Co-Founder & Vice President, Plug and Play
- Jorge Azurin: Director, Freelancer.com
- Joselyn Capistrano: CEO, SQME Professionals
- Joseph Benjamin Ilagan: Co-Founder and CEO, Seer Technologies, Inc.
- Kevin Leversee: CEO, Startup Dragons
- Ma Rosario Gruet: VP-Business Development, CPI
- Oron Barber: Co-Founder and CEO, Leadya Services Inc.
- Pepe Tan: CEO, Ivant
- Rio Ilao, Perxclub
- Ron Hose: CEO, Coins.ph
- Sedarius Tekara Perrotta: President, Neuron Global
- And many more to be announced.
We hope you will join us in Manila and launch a company in 2014.
About The Founder Institute
The Founder Institute (www.FI.co) is the world’s largest entrepreneur training and startup launch program, helping aspiring founders across the globe build enduring technology companies. In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 185 cities and 65 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 4,000 companies, which have created over 25,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
The Founder Institute was founded in 2009 by serial entrepreneur Adeo Ressi.