The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing demand for opening a new chapter in Tokyo for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2018-01-17), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Tokyo, please fill out this form today and spread the word. It only takes five minutes, and there is no obligation.
Over the last few weeks, the feedback we have received in Tokyo has been positive, and we have received a large amount of support from local startup and economic development organizations. In addition, we have reached out to some of the area's top technology entrepreneurs to support the program.
We are humbled by the list of top local and global entrepreneurs that have pledged their support to mentor new companies in a Tokyo Founder Institute program.
This list of entrepeneurs includes:
- Donald Soo ドナルド•ソー: Former CEO
- Fujiyo Ishiguro: ＣＥＯ, Netyear Group Corp.
- Fumiaki Koizumi: CEO, Fumiaki Koizumi & Associates
- Hideki Takita: CEO, Bliss Cline Co.,Ltd.
- Hirokazu Nagano: CEO, KLab Venture Partners株式会社
- Ikuo Hiraishi: CEO, SunBridge Global Ventures Inc.
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- John Y. Sasaki: Principal / Attorney-at-Law, JSV Foreign Law Office
- Kenji Sadamoto: Founder, CEO, Heart Forever Co. Ltd.
- Kenta Izumi | 泉 健太: COO, CMO and Executive Vice-President
- Kiyoyuki Suzuki: CEO, Advanced Media, Inc.
- Marcos Polanco: CTO, Visor Labs
- Masahiro Samejima: Founding Partner, UCHIDA & SAMEJIMA LAW FIRM
- Motohide Takeda: Exective Director, TKD.Institute
- Narimasa Makino: Manager, SunBridge Global Ventures Inc.
- Pano Kroko: Serial entrepreneur and innovator
- Ryusuke Murao: Branding Specialist / Best-selling writer, STARBRAND Co.,Ltd.
- Satoshi Okuda: CEO, Primestyle
- Shogo Kawano: 取締役, アクセルマーク株式会社
- Shuji Honjo: Visiting Professor, Tama Graduate School of Business
- Takeru Ohe: Founder, T. Ohe & Associates
- Takeshi Ebihara: General Partner, Rebright Partners / Batavia Incubator
- Tatsuya Zenbutsu
- Tetsujiro Nakagaki: Managing Director, Draper Nexus Ventures
- Tetsuo Iwasaki: Chairman,Founder, 株式会社IIOSS
- Toshio Furuta: CEO, Clair law firm
- Yasuchika Wakayama: CEO, Breakpoint
- Yoshihiro Kidachi: President, BOIDSCraft Corporation
- Yusuke Murata: General Partner & Co-Founder, Incubate Fund
- 智浩 村田: CFO, Voyagin
- 知史 古我: CEO, 株式会社チームクールジャパン
- 諭（Satoshi) 石川（Ishikawa): CEO, Transaction Inc.
- And many more to be announced.
In the Founder Institute's structured, step-by-step program, these mentors will provide promising startup entrepreneurs in Tokyo with expert feedback and support to build their companies. In addition, participants are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
If we get enough demand to officially launch a Tokyo Founder Institute chapter, then we will secure approximately 10 - 20 additional mentors. In fact, in most Founder Institute semesters the ratio of Mentors to Founders is greater than 1:1.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 170 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,300 companies form and improve their business ideas, develop their marketing strategy, create an advisory board, recruit co-founders, improve their pitch, launch a product, prepare to raise capital, bootstrap to profitability, generate revenue, and more.
Help bring this world-renowned program to Tokyo and fill out an Interest Form today.