The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing demand for opening a new chapter in San Juan for the Summer of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2015-09-23), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to San Juan, please fill out this form today and spread the word. It only takes five minutes, and there is no obligation.
Over the last few weeks, the feedback we have received in San Juan has been positive, and we have received a large amount of support from local startup and economic development organizations. In addition, we have reached out to some of the area's top technology entrepreneurs to support the program.
We are humbled by the list of top local and global entrepreneurs that have pledged their support to mentor new companies in a San Juan Founder Institute program.
This list of entrepeneurs includes:
- Adam Begueli: CTO, Dynamite Labs, Inc.
- Aman Advani: CEO and Co-Founder, Ministry of Supply
- Carlos Cobian: Co-Founder & VP of Marketing, Wireless Idea Corp
- Charles Kwon: Managing Director, Bridge Partners
- Dana Montenegro: Chief Innovation Catalyst & Idea Engineer, SeriouslyCreative
- Dave Watkins: Founder, CEO, FeedYak, Inc
- Emilio Fuentes: Senior Director, Citrix
- Eugenio Torres: Capital Member, Ferraiuoli LLC
- Giancarlo Gonzalez: CEO, MAX Web Group
- James Gonzalez: Principal, Verum Corporate Development
- Jason Shuman: Venture Capitalist, US Investment Partners
- Jeffrey Dachis: CEO, One Drop
- Jonathan Gonzalez: CEO, Kytelabs
- Jorge Torres: Managing Director, VenSeed
- Kendall Quiñones: CEO, Sparkative
- Kenneth Kay: Founder and Chairman, San Juan Tech Meetup
- Lisa Morales-Hellebo: Founder, LMH Consulting
- Luke Todesco: Luke Todesco - CEO, Gustazos Canada (Puerto Rico FI), Gustazos Canada
- Manny Morales: Founder, TiX.By
- Manuel Rosso: Founder, Food on the Table
- Michael Jimenez: President, Asserts
- Sebastian Vidal: Executive Director, Parallel18
- Tom Steinke: Retired
- Toni Gemayel: Founder, Banyan
- Wallace González, Independent Financial Services Professional
- Wesley Cullen: CEO, Spotery
- And many more to be announced.
In the Founder Institute's structured, step-by-step program, these mentors will provide promising startup entrepreneurs in San Juan with expert feedback and support to build their companies. In addition, participants are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
If we get enough demand to officially launch a San Juan Founder Institute chapter, then we will secure approximately 10 - 20 additional mentors. In fact, in most Founder Institute semesters the ratio of Mentors to Founders is greater than 1:1.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 170 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,300 companies form and improve their business ideas, develop their marketing strategy, create an advisory board, recruit co-founders, improve their pitch, launch a product, prepare to raise capital, bootstrap to profitability, generate revenue, and more.
Help bring this world-renowned program to San Juan and fill out an Interest Form today.