The Founder Institute, the World's Largest Startup Accelerator, is in the final stage of testing demand for opening a new chapter in Hong Kong for the Spring of 2014.
The testing phase ends soon (2017-05-22), so if you'd like to help bring this great program to Hong Kong, please fill out this form today and spread the word. It only takes five minutes, and there is no obligation.
Over the last few weeks, the feedback we have received in Hong Kong has been positive, and we have received a large amount of support from local startup and economic development organizations. In addition, we have reached out to some of the area's top technology entrepreneurs to support the program.
We are humbled by the list of top local and global entrepreneurs that have pledged their support to mentor new companies in a Hong Kong Founder Institute program.
This list of entrepeneurs includes:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alex Chen: CEO, EZTable
- Alexandre Wayenberg: Founder & CEO
- Amit Chatterjee: Senior Digital Producer
- Andrea Livotto: Director, Clarity Labs
- Andy Ann: CEO, NDN GROUP
- Bart Verkoeijen: Web Developer, Quantifeed
- Chris Sykes: Head of Legal, Dragon Law
- Danny Yeung: Serial Entrepreneur, Investor, Advisor, Astronaut, uBuyiBuy (acquired by Groupon)
- David Brabbins: Associate Partner , Prophet
- David Wieland: Managing Partner, Chief of Design, Grayscale
- Deepak Madnani: Founder - CEO, Paperclip Startup Campus
- Derek Kwik: Managing Partner, BraveSoldier Venture Capital
- Devin Ehrig: Partner, Barron Asia Venture
- Frank Lee: Patent Assistant, Marks and Clerk HK
- Gary To: Founder & General Manager, Koziness (acquired by Food Panda)
- Harry Ng: COO, StaySorted
- Ho Yin Cheung: Founder, Riotly Social Media
- Howard Kwong: COO, Stakk Factory
- Jaan Tallinn: Partner, Ambient Sound Investments
- Jeffrey Broer: Entrepreneur, Mentor, Angel, Kohpy Ventures
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Joseph Chow: Partner, Maurice WM Lee Solicitors
- Keith Rumjahn: Founder, CoachBase
- Keith Ip: CEO, Innopage
- Linda Chan: Content Lawyer, Dragon Law
- Mark Munoz: Founder & Executive Director, Vectr Ventures
- Martin Kessler: Founder
- Michael Bruck: Business Development Consultant, SRI International
- Mike Mastroyiannis: Founder and Partner , Link4Success
- Padraig Walsh: Partner, Bird & Bird
- Raphael Cohen: CEO & Co-Founder, Swiss Founders Fund
- Raymond Yip: CEO & Co-Founder, Designjar, EIR at Mind Fund
- Rex Ng: President, 6waves
- Roland Yau: Managing Partner, CoCoon Ignite Ventures, L.P.
- Rudi Leung: General Manager
- Simon Newstead: CEO, Frenzoo
- Simon Loong: Founder & CEO, WeLab
- Sue Kim: Founding Partner, Libbler
- And many more to be announced.
In the Founder Institute's structured, step-by-step program, these mentors will provide promising startup entrepreneurs in Hong Kong with expert feedback and support to build their companies. In addition, participants are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
If we get enough demand to officially launch a Hong Kong Founder Institute chapter, then we will secure approximately 10 - 20 additional mentors. In fact, in most Founder Institute semesters the ratio of Mentors to Founders is greater than 1:1.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 170 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 2,300 companies form and improve their business ideas, develop their marketing strategy, create an advisory board, recruit co-founders, improve their pitch, launch a product, prepare to raise capital, bootstrap to profitability, generate revenue, and more.
Help bring this world-renowned program to Hong Kong and fill out an Interest Form today.