New 'Founder Institute 'Health Tech Virtual 2022' Accelerator to Help Early-Stage Health Technology Entrepreneurs Build Impactful Companies
More than two years into a global pandemic that has impacted every facet of work and home life, in 2022 the role of health technology is more central to our lives than ever before in history. Periodic lockdowns, work, and schooling from home have shown us personally the importance of care for our mental health, and billions of new mRNA vaccines distributed around the world have demonstrated 21st century biomedical technology's potential to solve huge health challenges never before possible. But 2022 is only the new beginning: health tech in the years to come will further transform our lives in ways most cannot yet imagine.
Founder Institute is the world’s most proven network to turn ideas into fundable startups, and startups into global businesses. Other recent Founder Institute health tech initiatives have included the Connect: Healthtech & Wellness pitch competition event, a Public Health Startup Fellowship offerings, public events with industry trailblazers like Dr. Casey Means of Levels Health, and thought leadership on emerging health tech trends post-covid. Partners for the new Health Tech Virtual 2022 accelerator include InnovatorMD, MedLabs by ZGC Capital, Plug and Play Health, the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs, Vinaj Ventures, Rehabilitation Health, and more.
The goal of the program is to help launch more than 20 promising health technology companies in 2022, and help further establish Founder Institute as a global startup ecosystem leader for early-stage health tech founders.
Previous Founder Institute Alumni in the health and medical technology industry include Endiatx, Braze Mobility, Ellerca Health, Resistomap, SolverGen, KangarooHealth, KnowRX, CircaGene, and LearnCdo, to name just a few.
Applications to the Health Tech Virtual 2022 Founder Institute are now open, and anyone building a health, medical, or bio tech company can apply at FI.co/apply/health.
To celebrate, the Founder Institute will host several free online health tech events in the coming weeks, where you can learn from top industry entrepreneurs and investors:
- WEBINAR: Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
- FI50 Alumni Panel: Meet Founders with the Fastest Growing Companies in 2021 on 10:00am, Jun 08, 2022 (America/Los_Angeles): https://FI.co/e/287768
- Startup Revenue Models: How to Make Money & Not Become a Statistic on 10:00am, Jun 14, 2022 (America/Los_Angeles): https://FI.co/e/288299
The experts that have been critical in launching the Health Tech Virtual 2022 Founder Institute include program leaders Uli Chettipally, MD and Dominique Kim, MPH.
Opportunities are flourishing today in health tech. There's now an increasingly connected ecosystem to support even pre-seed stage health, medtech, and biotech founders - and Founder Institute can increase any aspiring technology entrepreneur's chances of success, by providing the necessary founder mindset and key network connections!
In addition, many top industry founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors have signed on to mentor participating entrepreneurs in the Health Tech Virtual 2022 Founder Institute program, including:
- Abhiroop Gandhi: Head of Strategic Risk Management, Trust & Compliance Officer, Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences)
- Adam Grant: Operator/Advisor, Practice Fusion, PokitDok, Fabric Genomics, KATERRA
- Adam Schlifke: Digital Health Lead / Clinical Assistant Professor, Stanford School of Medicine
- Annu Navani: Founder & CEO, Comprehensive Spine and Sports Center
- Ava Asgari: Sr. Program Manager, Health, Plug and Play Tech Center
- Behrooz Behbod: Founder & CEO, The Entrepreneur's Doctor
- Brad Mahon: Chief Science Officer, Co-Founder, MindTrace Technologies
- Brian Ferguson: Founder + CEO, Arena Labs
- Charla Triplett: Managing Director
- Chris Mc Carthy: Innovation and Design Leader
- Chris Anderson: General Partner, A2Z Ventures
- David Bieber: Co-Founder and CEO, Rehabilitation Health
- Dennis Robbins: Principal, Dennis Robbins Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Dominique Kim, MPH: Health and Healthcare Transformation Leader, Meta
- Edward Bieber
- Eric Hsu: Corporate Attorney
- Faye Sahai: Managing Director, Telosity Fund & Partner Mirai Global, Vinaj Ventures- Telosity.io
- Fran Ayalasomayajula: CEO, RTL Innovation
- Francois Paillier, CircaGene ltd.
- Gary Goldman: Founder, Global Health Impact Fund
- Genevieve LeMarchal: Managing Director, Suncoast Capital Partners
- Hamza Shaikh: Founder / CEO, Stabl
- Hiren Patel, Independent Consultant
- Jack Cochran: Retired CEO and Plastic Surgeon, Executive Advisor on Straegy and Leadership
- James Mitchell: CMO, Veris Health
- Jason Novak: Partner, Haynes & Boone
- Jason Scharf
- Jeramy Lund
- John Dayton: Fellow, Stanford
- John Shufeldt: Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Xcellerant Ventures
- Ken Gordon: Co-founder and CEO, VALR
- Kendall Allred: MD/MPH ⦿ Physician Entrepreneur/Innovator , FYXR Health
- Kris Mihalic: Product Executive / Advisor, Samsung
- Lavinia Herbei: MD, MBA, InnovatorMD, JMMG
- Liz Rockett: Managing Director, Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- Madhu Shetti: Founder and CEO, Anchor Healthcare
- Mara Rada: CEO & Chief of Strategy, Citronade Naming and Branding
- Martina Truche: Healthcare Innovator , Space Medicine Enthusiast
- Max Simms: Co-Founder, CEO, MindTrace Technologies
- Mercedes Bankston: Founder, Funderstar LTD
- Nardo Manaloto, Qubits Ventures
- Nico Arcino: Advisor, Freelance, most recently Kaiser Permanente
- Olu Ogunlela: Co-Founder & CEO, Liferithms
- Orrin Ailloni Charas: Founder & Managing Partner, Cura Capital
- Prathamesh Prabhudesai: Co-Founder & CEO, safeBVM
- Quinn Wang: CEO, Quadrant Eye
- Rachel Ndungu: CEO, Biashara Africa
- Robert Nathanson: VP Sales / former CEO, Nuvolum / formerly Palmia Corporation
- Ryan Micheletti: Head of Global Operations, Founder Institute
- Scott Mace: Software Engineer, Future
- Shakthi Kumar: Dr, BHS Group
- Sridhar Prathikanti: President, Future World Studios, inc
- Steven Colby: Partner, Rimon Law
- Sushant Shankar: Co-Founder & CEO, HealthPals
- Taylor Mc Partland: CEO, ScaleHealth
- Tim Cooley: Executive Director, Park City Angels
- Toni Alejandria: Principal / Partner / Head of Fund Operations, Preface Ventures / Unanimous Capital / Rackhouse Venture Capital
- Torrey Smith: Co-Founder & CEO, Endiatx
- Uli Chettipally: Founder, InnovatorMD
- Viji Natarajan: Founder & CEO, LaPortaCare
- Vince Kohli: Serial Entrepreneur & Super Angel Investor
- Yan Chow: Global Healthcare Leader, Automation Anywhere
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute's structured program results speak for themselves: FI Alumni have raised over $1.75BN in funding, and are building impactful businesses across 200+ cities and 95+ countries all across the globe. (see the FI 50 Report here).
Join the new FI Health Tech accelerator in 2022.