The Founder Institute, the world’s premier pre-seed startup accelerator, announced today that it is officially launching its newest chapter in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. While the Silicon-Valley based program has chapters in over 180 cities worldwide, early-stage entrepreneurs in Honduras can finally now take advantage of the Founder Institute's renowned structure, mentor support, and network to build an enduring company.
Applications to the first ever San Pedro Sula Founder Institute are now open, and anyone interested in building a technology company can apply at FI.co/apply/san_pedro_sula.
The Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the critical support network and structured process needed to build an enduring company, from launch to team and funding. Since 2009, the program has helped over 3,500 Graduates raise over $800M funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more.
To celebrate the launch, the Founder Institute will host several free startup events in San Pedro Sula, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs and hear more about the program:
In addition, many of the region's top founders, CEOs, and investors have signed on to mentor new entrepreneurs in the Honduras 2019 Founder Institute program, including:
- Alejandra Molina
- Blanca Mejia: Lawyer, Master in Intellectual Property , Bufete Meja & Asociados
- Bryan Nazar: CEO, Cloudbiz
- Carla Pantoja: Vicepresidente Unitec SPS y Educación Continua, Unitec
- Carlos Tabora: CEO, Cloik.com
- Eduardo Facusse: CEO, Starchem
- Enrique Zaldivar: Manager / FOunder, 2050 Comunicaciones
- Fernando Lopez Gaido: Chief Operations Officer and Business Development, Robotedh
- Guillermo Peña: Presidente , Fundacion Eleutera
- Jacinto Cho: CFO, Thinkers & Makers
- Jennifer Rivera: Ms., Grupo Cadelga
- Jesus Bermudez: Director, Mas Digital
- Luis Caballero: Director, Association of Human Resources
- Luis Aguilar: CTO, Cloik
- Luis Gustavo Flores: Sales Development , Movitext
- Manuel Avelar: Founder, Pixelcreart
- Massiel Erazo: Founder & Image & Community Manager, #QueTantoHaces
- Mateo Yibrin: CEO, Grupo Cadelga
- Ricardo A. Gonzalez: StartUp Lawyer, BCEI
- Sofia Maradiaga: Coordinadora Administrativa , Gildan
- Vladimir Lopez: CEO, Clinpays
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is designed for founders and teams all throughout the pre-seed stage, including aspiring founders with a full-time job, solo founders, teams, and founders of established companies that are pre-funding. The organization's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
Join us in Honduras to build a great company in 2019.
Apply to the Honduras 2019 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.