The Founder Institute, the world’s premier idea-stage accelerator and startup launch program, announced today that it is officially launching its newest chapter in Sacramento, California. The Silicon-Valley based program decided to officially launch in Sacramento after a successful test launch this year attracted over 150 potential applicants in the city.
Applications to the first ever Sacramento Founder Institute are open now, and anyone interested in launching a technology company is welcome to apply at http://fi.co/apply/Sacramento.
In order to celebrate the launch, the Sacramento Founder Institute will host a series of free startup events for the general public -to see the full list of upcoming events, visit http://fi.co/curriculum/Sacramento.
The Founder Institute is the most challenging and effective step-by-step startup launch program for talented and motivated aspiring entrepreneurs. If you are serious about launching a startup, the Founder Institute can give you the structured process, constant feedback and evaluation from expert mentors, and global network of entrepreneurs you need to start an enduring company. In addition, the Founder Institute is the only program of its kind that focuses on people versus ideas, accepts founders with day jobs, and shares equity with all participants.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 60 countries and 170 cities, leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to transition from employee to entrepreneur, test their startup ideas, build a team, get their first customers, raise funding, and more - like Udemy, Realty Mogul, iCarsClub, Itembase, goplaceit, and Appota.
Running the Founder Institute's efforts in Sacramento include local startup leaders Gabor Szecsi (Co-Founder, DiverseCity Ventures), Mariah Lichtenstern (Founding Partner, DiverseCity Ventures), and Veronica Smith (Acting Executive Director, Sacramento Employment and Economic Development (SEED) Corporation).
Other technology leaders who have signed on to mentor new entrepreneurs in the first ever Sacramento Founder Institute program include top founders from the city, and beyond:
- Aaron Anderson: Principal, Impact Venture Capital
- Alexis Robin: Executive Coach / Speaker, P.link Coaching Center for Excellence
- Barry Broome: President & CEO, Greater Sacramento Economic Council
- Behzad Mashay: Evangelist , eShares
- Clayton Porscha: Executive Director, ValleyExtends
- Curtis Pope: Senior Mobile DEVELOPER,DESIGNER / IPTV Developer, Verizon Research & Development
- Derek Chase: CEO, SunSystem Technology (SST)
- Donte Morris: Co-Founder, HoopMaps
- Gabor Szecsi: Managing Partner, DiverseCity Ventures
- Jack Crawford: General Partner , Impact Venture Capital
- Jeff Bennett: Co-Founder & President, StartupSac
- Kevin Mooney: Co-Founder-CEO , SFVision
- Kirby Harris: Partner, Base Ventures
- Kwame Anku: Founding Principal, Black Angel Technology Investment Fund
- Lance Loveday: CEO, Closed Loop
- Mariah Lichtenstern: Founder-CEO, DiverseCity Ventures / CINESHARES
- Mark Haney: CEO , HaneyBiz Ventures
- Mike Knittel: Chief Investment Officer, Lagunitas Asset Management
- Pamela Marrone: CEO and Founder, Marrone Bio Innovations
- Paul Bingaman: CEO, InspecTools, Inc.
- Rebekah Christensen: Founder-CEO, ORA Systems
- Rich Foreman: Co-Founder / CEO, Apptology
- Rick Brown: President & CFO, Catchlight Sports & Entertainment
- Ryan George: CEO / Founder, 420Property.com--The Zillow of Cannabis
- Sabya Das: Associate Partner , Moneta Ventures
- Sergey Ivannikov: Founder & CEO, Russian American Media, Inc
- Shawn Naggier: Chief Business Officer, Moxtra, Inc.
- Sheri Atwood: Founder-CEO, SupportPay
- Sonny Mayugba: Founder - CMO, Waitr
- Stephanie Sherwood: Founder/CEO, The Tapestry Network
- Steve Barnett: President, Barnett Technical Services
- Tiana Burse: CEO & Co-Founder, District Media Press
- Timothy Mulvehill: CEO/ Founder, Members Tech Mortgage Inc Company
- Tracy Saville: CEO/Co-founder , Sofiia AI, Inc. and FourthWave
- Tyler Smith: Founder-CEO, SkySlope
- Veronica Smith: Executive Director / Economic Development and Business Professional, SEED Corporation
- And many more to be announced.
Learn more about the Founder Institute at http://fi.co.
About the Founder Institute
The Founder Institute is the world’s premier idea-stage accelerator and startup launch program. If you are up to the challenge, our comprehensive step-by-step program will give you the structure, mentor support, and global network of entrepreneurs you need to start an enduring company. In addition, the Founder Institute is the only program of its kind that accepts founders with day jobs and shares equity with all participants.
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used our program to transition from employee to entrepreneur, test their startup ideas, build a team, get their first customers, raise funding, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 170 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute’s mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and build sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs.