Now, more than ever, the world needs entrepreneurs to build the future.
At the Founder Institute, we know times are tough, but we also know that economic downturns are a great time to start a business. This isn't just conjecture - the Founder Institute was started in April of 2009 (during the "Great Recession"), and world-leading companies like Microsoft, Tesla, and Apple also took advantage of cost savings during a recession to launch and get their initial traction.
That's why we are excited to announce today that applications are now open for the Queensland Virtual 2020 program.
If you could use a structured process and a lifetime of support from Queensland's top investors and entrepreneurs to build something meaningful, then apply to the Queensland Virtual 2020 Founder Institute today.
Local COVID-19 Update: In an effort to #StopTheSpread and ensure everyone’s health and safety, this program is planned to be held online. Learn more on our Virtual Program FAQ page.
We will be hosting several free startup online events in Queensland over the coming weeks, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs from the comfort of your home:
- Founder Hotseat: Pitch Your Startup Idea to Experts (Live Online Event)
2020-07-10, 10:00 AM
- Women in Business Online Roundtable: How to Get Ahead in Queensland
2020-07-21, 06:30 PM
- AMA with Founder Institute Silicon Valley HQ Team (Live Online Event)
2020-07-31, 10:00 AM
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 185+ cities worldwide, the Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the devoted support network and structured growth process needed to get to traction and funding. Participants in the 4-month core program also get access to a lifetime of support through the Founder Institute's industry-leading post-programs.
The Queensland Virtual 2020 program is led by some of the region's top startup leaders, including Anthony Owen (CEO, Impaqt Ventures), Robert Iacobuta, Selar Henderson, Susan Lindeque.
In addition, some of Queensland's top investors, entrepreneurs, and CEOs will be participating in the program, providing them with expert feedback and evaluation. The list of startup mentors for the Queensland Virtual 2020 Founder Institute includes:
- Adrian Mc Eliigott: CEO, Geobytes Inc
- Ali Galadari: COO & Co-Founder, Conpago
- Annie Flamsteed: Founder, Inspire Sport Online
- Anthony Owen: CEO, Impaqt Ventures
- Ben Banks: Founder, TPA
- Ben Wood: Leading Corporate Lawyer, McCullough Robertson
- Cara Walsh: Director/ Digital Product Strategist and CX Consultant, Cobble Hill Consulting
- Curtis Thompson: CEO, Simpro
- Dan Kerr: Co-Founder and CEO, service.com.au
- Feda Adra: CEO, ComLink
- Gerard Doyle: Founder & Consultant, Fractal
- Joel Nicholson: Executive Chairman & Founder, MarketSoft
- Julian Stein: Founder, Fiffy Solutions
- Justin Falk: CEO, Talent Vine
- Lawrence Khan: Account Executive, Innovation Bay
- Leanne Kemp: CEO, Everledger
- Llew Jury: Director, Sprint
- Louis De Beer: Director, NXT Legal & Compliance
- Majella Edwards: CEO, Sortal
- Marc Orchard: Head Of Startup, BDO
- Marty Smee: Founder/CEO, Pluss Communities
- Megan Owen: CMO, ImpaQt Group
- Monica Bradley: Non-Executive Director, Purposeful Capital
- Nicholas Kamols: Co-founder, PowerWells
- Nicole Bradford: Chief Financial Officer
- Olena Tymchemko: CEO, Innovation Family
- Peter Yates: Director, Insenuity
- Rebecca Wilson: Founder and CEO, Starts at 60
- Sarah Pearson: Deputy Director General, Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry Development
- Sharine Duran: CEO & Founder, Adzura
- Tim Walmsley: Founder, Benchon
- Tim Anderson: Director & Co-Founder, Fintech QLD
- Troy Richards: Founder, Raw Impact
- Victor Vicario: CEO, ARC Hardware Incubator
- Warwick Powell: CEO, Beef Ledger
- Wayne Huf: Partner Private Client, PwC
- Yasmin Grigaliunas: Founder, Worlds Biggest Garage Sale
- And many more to be announced.
Since 2009, the Founder Institute has helped over 4,300 Alumni raise over $950M funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more (see the FI 10 Year Impact Report here).
Join us in Queensland and help build the future.
Apply to the Queensland Virtual 2020 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.