Now, more than ever, the world needs entrepreneurs to build the future.
At the Founder Institute, we know times are tough, but we also know that economic downturns are a great time to start a business. This isn't just conjecture - the Founder Institute was started in April of 2009 (during the "Great Recession"), and world-leading companies like Microsoft, Tesla, and Apple also took advantage of cost savings during a recession to launch and get their initial traction.
That's why we are excited to announce today that applications are now open for the Honduras Virtual 2020 program.
If you could use a structured process and a lifetime of support from San Pedro Sula's top investors and entrepreneurs to build something meaningful, then apply to the Honduras Virtual 2020 Founder Institute today.
Local COVID-19 Update: In an effort to #StopTheSpread and ensure everyone’s health and safety, this program is planned to be held online. Learn more on our Virtual Program FAQ page.
We will be hosting several free startup online events in San Pedro Sula over the coming weeks, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs from the comfort of your home:
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 225+ cities worldwide, the Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the devoted support network and structured growth process needed to get to traction and funding. Participants in the 4-month core program also get access to a lifetime of support through the Founder Institute's industry-leading post-programs.
The San Pedro Sula program is led by some of the region's top startup leaders, including David Sandino (Director, T&M), Jacinto Cho (Treasurer, TODOLEGAL.APP), Josue Reyes (Coordinator, Unitec), Paola Paz (Arquitecto , Orgánica EcoArq).
In addition, some of San Pedro Sula's top investors, entrepreneurs, and CEOs will be participating in the program, providing them with expert feedback and evaluation. The list of startup mentors for the San Pedro Sula Founder Institute includes:
- Alejandra Molina: Directora de Conceptualización y Creatividad, Tercer Piso
- Blanca Mejia: Lawyer, Master in Intellectual Property , Bufete Meja & Asociados
- Carla Pantoja: Vicepresidente Unitec SPS y Educación Continua, Unitec
- Carlos Tabora: CEO, Cloik.com
- Carlos Shia Garcia: Co-founder, Clinpays
- Daniel Lopez Ynestroza: Co-fundador, Inegraf Design Studio / Franquician.com
- Fernanda Mezquita: Director of Business Operations & Marketing, CSM
- Fernando Lopez Gaido: Chief Operations Officer and Business Development, Robotedh
- Gissela Lanza: Project Manager, Experenta
- Jessica Mercedes: Country Manager, Holberton School Colombia
- Jesus Bermudez: Director, Mas Digital
- Jorge Lanza: CEO, Experenta
- Jorge Garcia: CTO, Hello Iconic
- Julián Arango: Founder & CEO, Workia, Inc
- Julio Gomez: Co-fundador, Mi Envio - Mexico
- Laura Jimenez Tatis: Financial Mentor, Leancase
- Leonardo Rivera: CEO, Gunext
- Lester Pereira: Founder & CEO, Volcano Capital Group - Nicaragua
- Lucía Gallardo: Founder & CEO, Emerge
- Luis Gustavo Flores: Sales Development , Movitext
- Manuel Avelar: Founder, Pixelcreart
- Manuel Bardales: Co-Founder, Movitext
- Marcela Silva: CEO, SINSA - Nicaragua
- Maria Teresa Morazán: Co-Fundadora, ImpactHub Tegucigalpa
- Marian Villa: Co-fundadora, PionerasDev - Medellin
- Marianne Springmühl: Founder and CEO, BlackBox Guatemala
- Maribel Corrales: Regional Manager , Holberton School - Colombia
- Nelson Irias: CEO, DataLabs
- Pablo Garcia: Director Ejecutivo, Enlaces Red de Inversión Angel - Centroamerica & Republica Dominicana
- Rudy Ganna: Founder & CEO, Pyhex - Dominican Republic
- And many more to be announced.
Since 2009, the Founder Institute has helped over 4,500 Alumni raise over $950M funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more (see the FI 10 Year Impact Report here).
Join us in San Pedro Sula and help build the future.
Apply to the Honduras Virtual 2020 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.