The Washington DC Founder Institute, the local chapter of the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is proud to announce the newest Alumni from the Washington DC Virtual 2022 program.
Over 135+ entrepreneurs applied to join the program, and after an intense four months of aggressive business-building sprints and constant evaluation and feedback from investors and mentors, just six companies were able to make it through.
Each of these Founders have demonstrated a high level of perseverance and creativity, and their businesses have been thoroughly vetted and supported by a panel of Washington DC's top startup experts and investors.
The newest Founder Institute DC Alumni invite members of the local startup ecosystem and public to join them live on Monday, July 18th for a special online Graduation event, where you can hear an inspiring talk by Shwappe CEO Hannah Kim, plus a few "debut" presentations from new Alumni.
And now, we proudly present the newest Alumni of the FI Washington DC program:
The Washington DC Virtual 2022 program would not have been possible without help, because it truly takes a city to raise a startup. We would first like to thank the Local Leaders of the Washington DC Founder Institute: Brian Bassett and Guc Ozenci. Our Local Leaders play an incredibly important role in building the local Founder Institute program, and creating an environment and network in Washington DC that is conducive to building to great companies.
In addition, the Washington DC Virtual 2022 program was supported by some of Washington DC's top technology organizations, including:
Some of the greater Washington DC area’s top startup mentors helped our founders in the program, including:
- Alan Ocana: Founder & CEO, Consolhub and BBC CARGO
- Allyson Redpath: Board Member, Westchester Land Trust
- Amelia Friedman: Co-founder, Hatch
- Angela Long: Brand Experience Officer , The American Marketing Association in DC
- Anuj Agrawal: Chief Marketing Officer, Earth Networks
- Aydin Bolkar: VP of International Operations, Alarm.com
- Benjamin Young: CEO, Sworkit
- Bill Stokes: Founder & Chairman, Washington Network Group (WNG)
- Brant Cooper: Author | CEO | Founder
- Brent Halliburton: Brent Halliburton - VP of Products, Verve Wireless (Washington DC FI) , Verve Wireless
- Brian Bassett, Simple Thread
- Bryan Duarte: Managing Partner, BlackTech Capital
- C. Derek Campbell: CEO, Blue Holding Oceans
- Carlos De Paula: Founder & Managing Director, Acadia Partners
- Chintan Oza: Advisor, Lloyds Ventures
- Chris Haug: Founder and CEO, 360° Venture Management Group
- Christie Thompson: Partner, Campfire & Co.
- Christopher Wink: Publisher and CEO , Technically Media
- Christopher Rogers: Partner, Lumia Capital
- Cynthia Gilmer
- Dan Myers: Co-Founder & Partner, 42Phi Ventures
- Dan Hnatkovskyy: CEO and Co-Founder, Propertymate
- Daniel Kroepfl: Vice President, TELE Controls Inc.
- Danielle Tate: Founder & CEO, MissNowMrs.com & Elegant Entrepreneur
- Dave Mc Carthy: Executive Director, Potential Energy DC
- Dave Hall: CEO, DLH Technology Advisors
- David Giannini: Chairman and CEO, Cirrusworks, Inc.
- David Roberts: CEO, Anovium
- Ed Harrell: Managing Partner, Harrell Capital Partners LLC
- Ed English: Chief Product Officer, Higher Logic
- Ellis Rosenberg: Vice President, Sales, WellDoc, Inc
- Eric Koefoot: Founder & CEO, PublicRelay, Inc.
- Esmael Dinan: Founder & CEO, Offino
- Eylem Senyuz: Director, Truist Wealth
- Frances Reimers: Principal , Firestarter
- Fred Cohen: Founder and CEO, Angel to Exit
- Frederic Gumbinner: Managing Partner , G2 Development Partners
- Geneviève Nixon-Weems: Founder and CEO, Geneviève Global
- Gira Wieczorek: Managing Partner / Co-Founder, Aleberry
- Guc Ozenci: Tech-Entrepreneur | Mentor | Director, Founder Institute
- Gül Branco: People and Culture Transformation Leader, Branco Development Group
- Hank Yuan: Venture Partner, VU Ventures | , Venture Associate, Republic
- Hannah Kim: Shwappe, Founder & CEO
- Henry Hunter: ceo, Incidr
- Howard Eisenberg: Founder , EuroSort
- Iskender Uguz: Head of Small Business Lending and Decision Sciences, Capital One
- Jamil Ramsey: Founder and CEO, Snap Contacts
- Jeb Ory: Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Phone2Action, Inc.
- Joe Daniels: Partner, Co-Chair - Emerging Companies, Nelson Mullins Riley and Scarborough
- Johan Holmberg: Senior Associate, Second Century Ventures
- John Holaday: Chairman and CEO, DisposeRx Inc.
- Josh Rosenthal: Founder & CEO, CloudSploit
- Justin Etheredge: Partner, Simple Thread
- Kaitlin Capobianco: Senior Manager, Fellow Community and Recruitment , Halcyon
- Kathie Brady: CEO Group Chair, Vistage
- Keith Segerson: CEO, P3 Innovation Strategies
- Ken Gordon: Co-founder and CEO, VALR
- Kevin Fulmer: Director, Alex Brown Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Kiki Ramsey: Founder, Kiki Ramsey International
- Kuzeyhan Ozdemir: Technology Executive, Consultant, Coach and Mentor, Founder Institute
- Kyle Brown: Founder - CEO
- Laura Shibut: Program Manager, Lighthouse Labs RVA
- Laura Clark: VP, Brand Development , MeatMe Pet Food
- Leonardo Garcia: Senior IoT & 5G Solutions Consultant, AT&T
- Lisa Friedlander: Founder Board Member, Citrine Angels
- Liz Sara: Managing Director, Best Marketing, LLC
- Liza Rodewald: Co-founder, Instant Teams
- Loni Faraci: Director of Product , Co-Star
- Marcos Filho: Full-time MBA student, University of Michigan Ross School of Business
- Mark Ein: Founder , Venture House Group
- Mark Kass: Senior Counsel , Crowell & Moring LLP
- Mashea Ashton: Founder and CEO , Digital Pioneers Academy
- Matt Mandell: Principal, PayNerd.com
- Matt Hanson: Co-Founder, PAX Momentum
- Matthew Repetto: Associate , Crowell & Moring LLP
- Matthew Lowinger: Product Leader, Octaria
- Maura O'brien Ali: CEO and Managing Director, American Growth Solutions
- Melissa Akkaway: Partner, The Particulars
- Michael Riemer: Advisor, ABJJ Consulting
- Michelle Pham: Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Mirza Baig: Partner, Aldrich Capital Partners
- Murat Karabulut: Senior Solutions Architect
- Nadine Zerrini: Innovation Fund Manager, Harvard University
- Naresh Verma: Analyst - Mentor - Coach - Product Design, Data Visualization, Yoova
- Neil Shah: Founder & CEO, ThinkNimble
- Neil Kleinberg, DiliVer
- Nicola Corzine: Executive Director , Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center
- Nii Simmonds: Global Advisor, The Knowledge Pledge
- Nimish Jalan: COO, Big Red Group
- Nitin Pradhan: Founder and CEO , ScaleUP
- Olivier Meganck: Founder & CEO, TheList.wtf
- Onur Kutlu Gago: Founder & Growth Coach, Tale
- Patty Simonton: Director, Be Green Business, Bethesda Green
- Paul Singh: Chief Hustler, Results Junkies
- Peter Ettinger
- Pierre Gomez: Program Manager, Systems and Technology Research (STR)
- Rajesh Rai: Partner, Montane Ventures
- Randy Reade: Co-founder, Washington ArchAngels
- Richard Rothstein: CEO, Rothstein Consulting
- Rokas Beresniovas: Head of Growth, Commercial and Small Business Leading, NIH Federal Credit Union
- Ronit Avni: Founder , Just Vision
- Rosemarie Truman: Founder and CEO, Ignite Social Impact
- Sam Feigi: Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Sameer Sortur: Founder & CEO , SquareCircle Global
- Sandy Vasan: Founder , outcomes.work
- Sanjay Prasad: Founder/ CEO, SurgiPrice/ SurgiConnect
- Sean Makulowich: Founder/CEO, IdeaFire™
- Sever Totia: Partner, 3TS Capital
- Shahed Amanullah: Managing Director, Frost Capital
- Shashank Aiisvari: Founder, Aiisvari
- Simon Okeke: CEO, Jet Star Logistics
- Spencer Hansen: Director of User Experience & Design, Simple Thread
- Stanley Mc Chrystal: Founder , McChrystal Group
- Stephen Lehman: Chairman and CEO , CoFounders Lab
- Steve Ryan: Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Steven A. Rodriguez: Director of Latinx Programs, 1863 Ventures
- Tien Wong: Founder and CEO, Lore
- Tom Smith: Co-founder, Truss
- Tony Amer: Managing Partner, TRANSFORMity
- Tyrone Taylor: President, Capitol Advisors on Technology, Former NASA Director
- Ufuk Demirci: Global Head, Venture Funds, IFC
- YouMon Tsang: Founder and CEO, ChurnZero
- Yvonne Quahe: Trainer, Facilitator, Coach and Author, WBFN
- Zac Blanco: Senior Manager, Keiter
In the Founder Institute's pre-seed accelerator program, early-stage entrepreneurs and teams build their business alongside a critical support network of local startup experts that share equity in their success, and through a structured and challenging business-building process that has helped alumni raise over $1.75BN.
After Graduation, the new Washington DC Founder Institute Portfolio Companies now have a fast-growing company that has been fully validated by experienced startup founders, with access to the Founder Institute's global network and post-graduate support programs to continue building their business.
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to raise funding, building a co-founding team, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200+ cities and 95+ countries, the Founder Institute’s mission is to Globalize Silicon Valley and empower talented and motivated entrepreneurs to build companies that will create one million new jobs.
The next Washington DC Fall 2022 Founder Institute accelerator has just opened up its program applications for pre-seed stage foudners - to learn more or apply, visit FI.co/washington_dc.
* * *
Alumni of the Founder Institute are creating some of the world's fastest growing startups, having raised over $1.75BN in funding, and building products people love across over 200 cities worldwide.
See the most recent news from our Grads at FI.co/news, or learn more about their stories at FI.co/graduates.