The Founder Institute, the World’s Largest Startup Accelerator, announced today that it is exploring a new semester launch in San Juan this Summer 2014.
If you'd like to help bring this great program to San Juan this Summer, then fill out an Interest Form. If enough people complete this form by Sunday, June 1st, 2014, then the Founder Institute will begin enrolling for a San Juan Semester in the Summer of 2014.
If you would like to learn more, then please join us for a free, upcoming event:
- Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200 cities and 95 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 6,500 companies, which have created over 25,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in San Juan are Marcos Polanco (Innovation Management Executive, and Founder of Decisive Growth), Ramphis Castro (CEO & Co-founder of TainoApp), and Sofia Stolberg (Co-founder at Piloto 151, and Managing Partner at Think Circle).
Other successful entrepreneurs who have signed on to mentor founders in the program include:
- Adam Begueli: CTO, Dynamite Labs, Inc.
- Aman Advani: CEO and Co-Founder, Ministry of Supply
- Carlos Cobian: Co-Founder & VP of Marketing, Wireless Idea Corp
- Charles Kwon: Managing Partner, Concitor
- Dana Montenegro: Chief Innovation Catalyst & Idea Engineer, SeriouslyCreative
- Dave Watkins: Founder, CEO, FeedYak, Inc
- Emilio Fuentes: Senior Director, Citrix
- Eugenio Torres: Capital Member, Ferraiuoli LLC
- Giancarlo Gonzalez: CEO, MAX Web Group
- James Gonzalez: Global Lead of Corporate Development, HP Inc
- Jason Shuman: Principal, Primary Ventures
- Jeffrey Dachis: CEO, One Drop
- Jonathan Gonzalez: CEO, Kytelabs
- Jorge Torres: Managing Director, VenSeed
- Kendall Quiñones: CEO, Sparkative
- Kenneth Kay: Founder and Chairman, San Juan Tech Meetup
- Lisa Morales-Hellebo: GP & Co-founder, REFASHIOND Ventures
- Luke Todesco: Luke Todesco - CEO, Gustazos Canada (Puerto Rico FI), Gustazos Canada
- Manny Morales: Founder, TiX.By
- Manuel Rosso: Founder, Food on the Table
- Michael Jimenez: President, Asserts
- Sebastian Vidal: Executive Director, Parallel18
- Tom Steinke: Retired
- Toni Gemayel: Founder, Banyan
- Wallace González, Independent Financial Services Professional
- Wesley Cullen: CEO, Spotery
- And many more to be announced.
Help bring the Founder Institute to Puerto Rico this Summer by filling out an Interest Form today.