The Seattle Founder Institute, the local chapter of the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is proud to announce the newest Alumni from the Seattle - Silicon Valley Virtual 2021 program.
Over 110 founders applied to the program, and after an intense four months of aggressive business-building sprints and constant evaluation and feedback from investors and mentors, just seven companies were able to make it through.
The new FI Seattle alumni invite members of the public to join them live this Wednesday, September 15th, for an online graduation event, featuring a keynote address from Fabian Geyrhalter.
Each of these dedicated entrepreneurs has demonstrated a high level of perseverance and creativity, and their businesses have been thoroughly vetted and supported by a panel of Seattle's top startup experts and investors.
Without further ado, we proudly present the newest Alumni of the Seattle program:
The Seattle - Silicon Valley Virtual 2021 program would not have been possible without help, because it truly takes a city to raise a startup. We would first like to thank the Local Leaders of the Seattle Founder Institute: Jeremy Zaretzky (Managing Director, Founder Institute Seattle), Lainey Lee (Program Manager, FI Seattle), Levi Velez Reed (Mr. , Amazon). Our Local Leaders play an incredibly important role in building the local Founder Institute program, and creating an environment and network in Seattle that is conducive to building to great companies.
In addition, the Seattle - Silicon Valley Virtual 2021 program was supported by some of Seattle's top technology organizations, including:
Some of Seattle’s top startup mentors helped our founders in the program, including:
- Adam Wiener: Chief Growth Officer, Redfin
- Adam Mangone: CEO , Mangone Ventures
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO
- Alain Raynaud: CEO, FairSoftware
- Amit Gupta: Sys Dev Manager, Amazon
- Amy Hutchins: Founder, Chief Product Officer, Unearth Technologies, Inc.
- Andrew Klein: Founder, Zccounting
- Andy Herman: Founder, Signtag
- Anisha Vinjamuri: Founder & President , boza
- Aswin Pranam: Sr. Product Manager, McKinsey & Company
- Aviv Shalgi: CEO, Solar Simplified
- Barret Newberry: CEO, Leasera
- Ben Rush: Business, Pioneer Square Labs
- Bill Bromfield: Partner, Fenwick & West
- Bill Bryant: General Partner, Threshold Ventures
- Bob Crimmins: General Partner, Startup Haven Ventures
- Brian M Pasalich: Chief Executive Officer | Co-Founder, Syntoniq
- Candice Dietz: Founder, Givespace
- Charles Kwon: Managing Partner, Concitor
- Chris Kelley: Principal, DFJ
- Chris Haberle: Principal Product Marketing Manager, AWS
- Chris Bruno: Owner, X2Y Strategic Advisors
- Christina Lomasney: CEO, FI Eastern Washington
- Christy Johnson: CEO, Artemis Connection, Inc
- Claire Mc Taggart: Founder & CEO, Square Peg Hires
- Clare Gould: Founder & CEO, Your Vesa
- Court Lorenzini: Co-founder, Docusign
- Dan Kihanya: CMO and Strategy, (Founding Investor), Wizely
- Danl Kasow: Principal, Sorted Solution
- Daria Boldyreva: Founder, Wunderdogs
- David Anderson: GM, Kilby Silicon Valley Labs at Texas Instruments
- Diane Najm: CEO/Founder, PhotoPad
- Edmond Sanctis: Partner, REASON Venture Partners
- Elisa La Cava: Investor, Madrona Venture Group
- Fabian Geyrhalter: Founder and Principal, Finien
- Gary Gaessler: SaaS Community Builder, Nylas, Co-Founder of CloudElements
- Glenn Wisegarver: CEO, Sigma IQ
- Graciela Perez: Founder & Lean Start Up Coach, Lean Sigma Tech, LLC
- Ian Lurie: EVP, Clearlink
- Irina Menn: CEO, Hopela
- Jake Hite: CTO, Compete to Create
- James Hu: CEO, Jobscan
- Janiece Jenkins: Associate, Fenwick & West
- Janis Machala: Corporate Director, Paladin Partners
- Jay Goyal: President, Actively Learn
- Jeff Croft: CRO, Kurvv
- Jeffrey McIntosh: Advisor, McIntosh Tea
- Jennifer Azapian: Venture Partner and Advisor , Loyal VC
- Jeremy Zaretzky: Managing Director, Founder Institute Seattle
- Jim Poss: CEO, Modifi
- Joe Bezdek: Co-founder, DivX, Inc.
- John Borofka: Founder, Walnut+Oak
- John Scrofano: Director of New Initiatives, Remitly
- John Kinsella: VP Engineering, Not Applicable
- Jonathan Greechan: Co-Founder, Founder Institute
- Josh Dougherty: Co-Founder & CEO, A Brave New
- Julie Pham: VP of Community Engagement and Marketing, WTIA
- Kate Loose: Investment Director, Capria Ventures
- Kate Edwards: AWS Startup BD/Co-Founder at Heartbeat , Heartbeat
- Kate Fuller Ghaffari: Fund Manager, SAC 19 (Seattle Angel Conference)
- Kathleen Baxley: Interim CFO / Strategic Venture Advisor
- Ken Kranseler: Managing Director, Kabuki Strategy
- Kevin Yu: Co-founder & CTO, Socedo Inc.
- Khurram Agha: Founder, Aghaz Investments
- Laura Malcolm: Founder/CEO, Give InKind
- Levi Velez: GM, Vibe, Amazon
- Lisa Fernow: President, Fernow Consulting
- Madhu Singh: Chief Legal Officer, Foundry Law Group
- Mark Landay: Managing Director, Dynamic Synergy
- Matt Mandell: Principal, PayNerd.com
- Matt Rubright: VP of Early and Growth Stage Tech, Silicon Valley Bank
- Maureen Ezekwugo: Chief Customer Officer, RealSelf
- Michael Goldman: CFO, EN 360 Holdings
- Mikaela Kiner: CEO & Founder, Reverb
- Mike Vandenbos
- Milkana Brace: CEO, Jargon
- My Le Goel: Founder & CEO, Flight Live, Inc.
- Omi Iyamu: Product Manager, Google Austria
- Pascha Scott: Partner and Co-founder, VERTETUDE
- Paul Watt: Global Business Manager, Google
- Peter Leonard: CEO, Meddle
- Pilar Fernandez Hermida: Founder i-Expand (We help Health Tech companies go global), i-expand
- Pradeep UN: Founder, CEO, Seerflix Inc
- Raja Mawad: Founder, Thrv Health
- Rebecca Lovell: Director, Create33
- Rob Hillas: Founder, PlainVanilla
- Robert Le: Director, FI Seattle
- Rohre Titcomb: COO, Female Founders Alliance
- Ron Gentile: Founder, Moodfit
- Ruth Becke: Founder & CEO, Plantmatch
- Ryan Mc Robert: Associate, Fenwick & West
- Ryan Micheletti: Head of Global Operations, Founder Institute
- Santosh Khare: Founder & CEO, Touchbase, Inc.
- Scott Weller: President, Radian Labs
- Shaahin Cheyene: President
- Sneha Lundia Agrawal: Founder & CEO, Step2Growth
- Sri Kasam: Director of Engineering, Nfinity
- Steve Cherewaty: Founder & Creative Director, Abacus
- Suzanne Mills: Biz Dev & GTM - Retail & Fintech, Stealth Startup
- Symon Perriman: CEO & Founder, FanWide
- Terri Richardson: CEO, Accelerate Consulting Group, LLC
- Thibaut Labarre: Founding Engineer, SingleFile.io
- Travis Murdock: Executive Vice President, Ruder Finn
- Vince Bianco: CEO, Advanced Medical Reviews
- Yoko Okano: Co-founder, First Row Partners
In the Founder Institute's pre-seed accelerator program, early-stage entrepreneurs and teams build their business alongside a critical support network of local startup experts that share equity in their success, and through a structured and challenging business-building process that has helped alumni raise over $1 billion.
After Graduation, the new Seattle Founder Institute Portfolio Companies now have a fast-growing company that has been fully validated by experienced startup founders, with access to the Founder Institute's global network and post-graduate support programs to continue building their business.
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to raise funding, building a co-founding team, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200+ cities and 90+ countries, the Founder Institute’s mission is to Globalize Silicon Valley and empower talented and motivated entrepreneurs to build companies that will create one million new jobs.
The next Seattle Founder Institute Virtual 2022 program is being planned now. If you are interested in being notified when applications open, visit FI.co/apply/seattle.
* * *
Alumni of the Founder Institute are creating some of the world's fastest growing startups, having raised over $1 billion in funding, and building products people love across over 200 cities worldwide.
See the most recent news from our Grads at FI.co/news, or learn more about their stories at FI.co/journey.