The Founder Institute, the world’s premier pre-seed startup accelerator, announced today that it is officially launching its newest chapter in Bahrain. While the Silicon-Valley based program has chapters in over 180 cities worldwide, early-stage entrepreneurs in Bahrain can finally now take advantage of the Founder Institute's renowned structure, mentor support, and network to build an enduring company.
Applications to the first ever Bahrain Founder Institute are now open, and anyone interested in building a technology company can apply at FI.co/apply/manama.
The Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the critical support network and structured process needed to build an enduring company, from launch to team and funding. Since 2009, the program has helped over 3,500 Graduates raise over $800M funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more.
To celebrate the launch, the Founder Institute will host several free startup events in Bahrain, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs and hear more about the program:
- How to Build Your First Product in Manama
2019-06-26, 07:00 PM
- Pitch for Purpose Online Demo Day: Watch Impactful Startups Pitch Live
2019-06-27, 07:30 PM
- Manama Speed Mentoring: Get Startup Feedback from Experts
2019-07-10, 07:00 PM
- Startup Funding in Manama: How to Raise Money for Your Idea
2019-07-24, 07:00 PM
- Founder Hotseat: Pitch Your Startup to Manama Startup Experts
2019-07-31, 07:00 PM
- Manama Startup Office Hours: Get Business Advice from Experts
2019-08-07, 07:00 PM
- Founder Institute VIP Launch Mixer
2019-08-21, 07:00 PM
The individuals that have been critical in bringing the Founder Institute to Bahrain include local startup leaders Abdulrasool Mohamed (Senior Business Analyst, Bahrain Airport Services), Ahmed Alansari (Marketing Representative, Ansari Engineering Services), Ali Nasif (HR audit & Customer Service, HR Freelancer), Mohsen Almarzooq (Operation Controller, Weatherford), Raoof Hujairi (Business Development Manager , GFB Holdings ).
In addition, many of the region's top founders, CEOs, and investors have signed on to mentor new entrepreneurs in the Bahrain 2019 Founder Institute program, including:
- Abdulla Al Noaimi: Founder & MD, Ain Meem Consultancy
- Ameera Abdulla: Co-Founder, alrawi.com
- Ammar Ali: Founder & MD, Maroon Frog
- Dr. Najma Taqi: Consultant & Advisor, Bahrain Education and Training Quality Authority
- Dr. Umair Ahmed: Assistant Professor, Arab Open University
- Eyad Ebrahim: Founder and Managing Director , Infinity Polymers
- Fatima Al Mansoori: Adjunct Professor , Mangalore University
- Hamza Al Ghatam: Founder/Brand Strategy Consultant , PicassoHouse.co.uk
- Hassan Al Mohsen: General Manager, Professional Fix
- Jaffar Hamza: Founder & CEO, Boxobia
- Jalal Abdulaal: Founder, Corporate Elevation
- Khalid Al Madani: Founder & CEO, Platformit Consulting
- Khalid Ali Salem: CEO, GREEN SUPPLY COMMUNICATION SPC
- Madina Malallah: HR & O Manager Middle East & Africa, Ariston Thermo Group
- Mahmood Al Saati: Senior Manager Commercial, Bahrain
- Mohamed Isa: CEO, 3D Speaking
- Mohamed Darwish: Projects Coordinator, WorkSmart for Events Management
- Moyez Kassam: Consultant, Growth Alliance
- Muaadh Bani: Founder, Supplify S.P.C
- Muhanna Al Sulaiti: Chairman, Almajlis Holding
- Nabeel Radhi: Director, Green Innova
- Noof Abdulla: Founder & Business Development, Founder & Business Development
- Rashid Albastaki: Owner , Crumbs Coffee House
- Salah Abuidrees: Head of Training and Quality, The Nine Training Institute
- Saleh Hussain: Founder and President , Saleh Hussain Consultancy
- Salim Al Arrayed: Financial Controller , Ibn Rushd Clinics
- Sayed Ebrahim Mahfodah: Founder, Spire
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is designed for founders and teams all throughout the pre-seed stage, including aspiring founders with a full-time job, solo founders, teams, and founders of established companies that are pre-funding. The organization's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.