The Founder Institute, the world’s largest pre-seed startup accelerator, announced today that it is officially launching its newest chapter in Ibadan. While the Silicon-Valley based program has chapters in over 185 cities worldwide, early-stage entrepreneurs in Ibadan can finally now take advantage of the Founder Institute's renowned structure, mentor support, and network to build an enduring company.
Applications to the first ever Ibadan Founder Institute are now open, and anyone interested in building a technology company can apply at FI.co/apply/ibadan.
The Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the support network and structure needed to build an enduring company, from launch to team and funding. Since 2009, the program has helped over 4,000 Graduates raise over $1B funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more.
To celebrate the launch, the Founder Institute will host several free startup events in Ibadan, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs and hear more about the program:
- Startup Pitch Bootcamp: Learn from Ibadan's Top Entrepreneurs
2019-10-19, 10:00 AM
- Founder Night Out: Network with Ibadan Entrepreneurs
2019-10-26, 10:00 AM
- How to Start a Global Startup in Ibadan
2019-11-09, 10:00 AM
- Founder Hotseat: Pitch Your Startup to Ibadan Startup Experts
2019-11-16, 10:00 AM
- Founder Institute VIP Launch Mixer
2019-11-30, 05:00 PM
The experts that have been critical in bringing the Founder Institute to Ibadan include local startup leaders Emmanuel Odumusi (Mr, YALEN), Oguntayo Adekunle (Founder / Lead Strategist, Bluespectra Limited), Olumide Adeleye (Founder & Rector, The Twim Art Institute), and Omotade Ayodele (CEO, November Consulting).
Opportunities are flourishing in Ibadan. There's now a great ecosystem for entrepreneurs - from crowdfunding platforms to co-working spaces," say the FI Ibadan team. "The Founder Institute can increase an aspiring technology entrepreneur's chance of success by providing the necessary skills and mindset - and a link to the Silicon Valley!
In addition, many of the region's top founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors have signed on to mentor new entrepreneurs in the Ibadan 2019 Founder Institute program, including:
- Adedoyin Onayemi: CEO, Aella Credit
- Akinsola Akinfemiwa: Chairman, Heritage Banking Company Ltd
- Ayoade Oyedotun: CEO, Afrimash
- Ayoola Falola: CEO, PageCarton
- Bosun Tijani: CEO, Co-Creation Hub Nigeria
- Cyril Olajide: CEO, Switch Academy
- Dolapo Taiwo: Partner , Unotech Media
- Feyi Sitsofe Kwami: Co-Founder, F&K Savings
- Francis Madojemu: Founder, iBridge Hub
- Gbenro Adegbola: MD/CEO, First Veritas
- Jeremiah Adediran: CEO, Solutions Africa Alliance & Consulting Ltd
- Joseph Adebayo: CEO, Charisbiz Africa
- Jude Odika: Business Analyst / Sales Lead, Altara Credit Limited
- Michael Arumemi Ikhide: CEO, Arikair
- Michael Ogundare: CEO, Crop2Cash
- Olufemi Afolabi: Sales Lead, Honeywell Flour Mills
- Olumide Adeleye: CEO, The Twim Art Institute
- Olusegun Adeniji: Co-Founder, Alusoft Technologies ltd. ( AlutaMart )
- Owolabi Olatunji: Founder / CEO, Netsquare
- Oyelaja Abiodun: CEO, Motion Yield Ltd
- Ruth Adio Moses: CEO, Decorators Enterpises
- Samson Ogbole: Co-Founder, PS Nutraceuticals
- Sim Shagaya: Founder, Konga
- Tochukwu Ohaeche: Director, Plutonic Integrated Services
- Tolulope Ogundiji: CEO, YATABOX
- Winston Ofulue: CEO, LINKHOLD TECHNOLOGIES
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is designed for founders and teams all throughout the pre-seed stage, including aspiring founders with a full-time job, solo founders, teams, and founders of established companies that are pre-funding. The organization's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.