The Founder Institute, the world’s largest pre-seed startup accelerator, announced today that it is officially launching its newest chapter in Location Forthcoming. While the Silicon-Valley based program has chapters in over 200 cities worldwide, early-stage entrepreneurs in Location Forthcoming can finally now take advantage of the Founder Institute's renowned structure, mentor support, and network to build an enduring company.
Applications to the first ever Location Forthcoming Founder Institute are now open, and anyone interested in building a technology company can apply at FI.co/apply/location_forthcoming.
The Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the support network and structure needed to build an enduring company, from launch to team and funding. Since 2009, the program has helped over 4,500 Graduates raise over $950M funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more.
To celebrate the launch, the Founder Institute will host several free startup events in Location Forthcoming, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs and hear more about the program:
The experts that have been critical in bringing the Founder Institute to Location Forthcoming include local startup leaders Amie Fudge (Co-Founder & CEO, TriBic Software), Kaitlyn Touesnard (President & Event Manager, Crescendo Events Ltd.), and Suzie Ketene (Director, AvisoGroup Inc).
The Founder Institute is a perfect compliment to the great programs and resources," writes FI Halifax's Suzie Ketene. "We already have on the ground by getting individuals ready to successfully leverage those opportunities.
In addition, many of the region's top founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors have signed on to mentor new entrepreneurs in the Location Forthcoming Founder Institute program, including:
- Albert Bohemier: Founder, Survival Systems
- Gregg Curwin: Founder, TruLeaf
- Holly Bond: Investment Attraction, Innovation, Halifax Partnership
- Katelyn Bourgoin: Growth Strategist & Lead Trainer, Customer Camp
- Kyle Racki: CEO, Proposify
- Laura Simpson: CEO & Co-Founder, Side Door
- Mark Mac Donald: Founder & Principal - Business Development NS, Catalyst Sales and Marketing
- Mathew Zimola: Co-Founder, Reel Data
- Michael Sanderson: Director, Saint Mary's University Entrepreneurship Centre
- Ron Lovett: President & CEO, RFL Group of Companies
- Saeed El Darahali: Founder + President & CEO, SimplyCast
- Stephanie Holmes Winton: Founder & CEO, CacheFlo
- William (Bill) Adams: (Retired) Co-Founder and VP, Sampling Technologies Inc.
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is designed for founders and teams all throughout the pre-seed stage, including aspiring founders with a full-time job, solo founders, teams, and founders of established companies that are pre-funding. The organization's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
Join us in Location Forthcoming to build a great company in 2019.
Apply to the Location Forthcoming Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.