The Malaysia Founder Institute, the local chapter of the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is proud to announce the newest Alumni from the Malaysia program.
After meticulous selection process and intense four months of aggressive business-building sprints, constant evaluation, and feedback from investors and mentors, just 10 companies were able to make it through.
Each of these Founders have demonstrated a high level of perseverance and creativity, and their businesses have been thoroughly vetted and supported by a panel of Malaysia's top startup experts and investors.
And now, without further ado, we present the Alumni of the Malaysia program:
- Petville- a pet care platform, addressing the multifaceted needs of pet owners, from educational content, telehealth consultations, to e-commerce solutions for pet products.
- Hey Pawfriends- a self-serve pet content marketplace to connect pet businesses and pet influencers seamlessly.
- Apricus 8 Sdn Bhd- a management consultancy that specializes in commodity quantitative research and AI solutions.
- Esmee - a smart and affordable hand prosthetics.
- Railer.com- a comprehensive HR Platform that features includes Mobile Face Attendance, Supercharge Shift & Roster, Project & Activity Management, Real Time Sensor Tracking, Managed Organization Chart, IOT Door Access etc ..
- Alia Hotels- a solution to budget hotels owners to revive their hotels and bring it into the digital age.
- Petville- a pet care products and services.
- Lykluk- a web platform that allows people to curate culture
- MyPulse- an intelligent Platform for smart sales and marketing for marketplace sellers in the Southeast Asian (SEA) market.
The Malaysia program would not have been possible without help, because it truly takes a city to raise a startup.
The graduation will take place on February 21, 2024.
Malaysia Local Directors
We would first like to thank the Local Directors of the Malaysia Founder Institute: Chris Birrell (Managing Partner, Func Ventures), Kevin Brockland (Managing Partner, Indelible Ventures), Sharon Lou (Venture Partner, Indelible Ventures). Our Local Leaders play an incredibly important role in building the local Founder Institute program, and creating an environment and network in Malaysia that is conducive to building to great companies.
In addition, the Malaysia program was supported by some of Malaysia's top technology organizations, including:
Some of Malaysia’s top startup mentors helped our founders in the program, including:
* Ai Ching Goh
* Arnaud Bonzom
* Asyrique Thevendran
* Cheng Leong Foong
* Clarence Leong Chee Yee
* Douglas Khoo
* Dylan Damsma
* Erdinc Ekinci
* Ganesh Kumar Bangah
* Ghazanfar Iqbal
* Henry Goh
* Ian Turnpenny
* Izwan Zakaria
* James Tan
* Jeffrey Paine
* Jeremy Vo
* Jonathan Greechan
* Julie Ng
* Kamarulazman Muhamed
* Khailee Ng
* Manu Menon
* Mark Koh
* Navin Danapal
* Peter De Kretser
* Roger Do
* Ryan Bettencourt
* Tzu Ming Chu
* Wai Hong Fong
* Xin Ci Chin
* Zi Kang Tai
In the Founder Institute's pre-seed accelerator program, early-stage entrepreneurs and teams build their business alongside a critical support network of local startup experts that share equity in their success, and through a structured and challenging business-building process that has helped alumni raise over $1.75BN.
After Graduation, the new Malaysia Founder Institute Portfolio Companies now have a fast-growing company that has been fully validated by experienced startup founders, with access to the Founder Institute's global network and post-graduate support programs to continue building their business.
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to raise funding, building a co-founding team, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200+ cities and 100+ countries, the Founder Institute’s mission is to Globalize Silicon Valley and empower talented and motivated entrepreneurs to build companies that will create one million new jobs.
The next Malaysia Founder Institute program is being planned now. If you are interested in being notified when applications open, visit FI.co/apply/malaysia.
* * *
Alumni of the Founder Institute are creating some of the world's fastest growing startups, having raised over $1.75BN in funding, and building products people love across over 200 cities worldwide.
See the most recent news from our Grads at FI.co/news, or learn more about their stories at FI.co/graduates.