Founder Institute Food APAC 2022 Accelerator Launches Program to Help Pre-Seed Food Technology Entrepreneurs in Asia Pacific Build Impactful, Global Companies
Food technologies are evolving faster today than ever before - which is a good thing, since this tech is critical to feeding a growing world, whose consumer expectations around dietary health and agricultural sustainability are also rapidly changing. This is especially true in the Asia Pacific region, where rising incomes are placing new demands on the food system. The APAC region is already an established global leader in many of the most cutting edge food tech developments, notably in areas like protein and cell culture engineering of clean meats, consumer food purchasing platforms, horticultural vertical farming, and many other highly localized and output-efficient production techniques. These emerging trends in food technology are already changing the way humanity feeds itself, and it is food tech entrepreneurs who are the leaders at the vanguard, driving these changemaking efforts.
That is why we are excited to announce we have teamed up with leading industry partners to expand our Global Food Ecosystem Accelerator to the APAC region with the new Founder Institute Food APAC Virtual 2022 accelerator program!
Founder Institute is the world’s most proven network to turn ideas into fundable startups, and startups into global businesses. Partners for the Food APAC Virtual 2022 accelerator include Big Idea Ventures, Green Queen, and many more.
The goal of the program is to help launch more than 20 promising food technology companies in 2022, and help further establish the APAC region a global tech ecosystem hub for food innovation.
Previous Founder Institute Alumni in the food and agricultural technology space include Oddbox, TotalCtrl, Resistomap, Zowasel, Rebels 0.0%, and GrowForMe, to name just a few.
Applications to the Location Forthcoming Founder Institute are now open, and anyone building a food or agricultural tech company can apply at FI.co/apply/location_forthcoming.
To celebrate, the Founder Institute will host several free online food and agritech events in the coming weeks, where you can learn from top industry entrepreneurs and investors:
- Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
The experts that have been critical in launching the Food APAC Virtual 2022 Founder Institute include program leaders Hanah Tran, Tasha Tolmacheva, Ugo Bataillard, Daniel Boehi, Ingeborg Gasser-Kriss, and Janne Saarikko.
Opportunities are flourishing today in food tech across Asia Pacific. There's an increasingly connected global ecosystem to support even pre-seed stage founders across the industry - and Founder Institute can increase any aspiring food entrepreneur's chances of success, by providing the necessary founder mindset and key network connections!
In addition, many top industry founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors have signed on to mentor participating entrepreneurs in the Location Forthcoming Founder Institute program, including:
- Aaron Patzer: Founder, Mint.com
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alexandra Johnson: Managing Director, DFJ VTB Aurora
- Alexandra Wilson: Founder, Investor & Advisor, Gilt Group, Montage Ventures
- Alexis Beechen: Co-Founder & CEO, The Drop, Mangrove Estates
- Bob Richards: Founder & CEO, Moon Express
- Bram Cohen: Founder, BitTorrent, Chia Network
- Cheryl Yeoh: Founder, Investor & Advisor, Reclip.It, MaGIC
- Claire Mc Gregor: Co-Founder, Appbot
- David Sacks: Founder & Investor, Yammer, Paypal, Zenefits
- David Wu: General Partner, Maveron Ventures
- David Rose: Author & CEO, Gust, New York Angels
- Divya Gugnani: Co-Founder, Send the Trend, Wander Beauty
- Emna Ghariani: Global Director, Founder Institute MENA
- Eren Bali: Founder, Udemy, Carbon Health
- Eric Ries: Author & Founder, The Lean Startup, Long Term Stock Exchange
- Garrett Camp: Founder, Uber, Expa, StumbleUpon
- Gina Bianchini: Founder & CEO, Mighty Networks, Former CEO of Ning
- Heather Harde: CEO, TechCrunch
- Holly Liu: Co-Founder, Kabam
- Jason Calacanis: Author, Investor & Founder, Inside.com, LAUNCH Accelerator
- Jason Johnson: Founder & CEO, August
- Jeffrey Paine: Managing Partner, Golden Gate Ventures, Singapore
- Jessica Alter: Entrepreneur & Advisor, Tech for Campaigns, Social Capital
- Jessica Mah: Founder & CEO, inDinero, Impact Collective
- Jill Stelfox: Co-Founder, Graffiti Sports, Binary Group
- Jilliene Helman: CEO, RealtyMogul.com
- Joanna Lord: CMO, ClassPass
- Jonathan Greechan: Co-Founder & CEO, Founder Institute
- Jonathan Abrams: Founder, Nuzzel, Friendster
- Justin Moore: CEO & Investor, Axcient
- Kenneth Hogrefe: CEO and Founder, Tech Africa Pte. Ltd.
- Kirsten Rose: Head of Low Emissions, BHP, Clean Energy Entrepreneur
- Lucy Beard: Founder & CEO, feetZ
- Mark Pincus: Founder, Zynga
- Michael Seibel: CEO & Partner, Y Combinator
- Nitin Pachisia: Founding Partner, Unshackled Ventures
- Phil Libin: Founder, All Turtles, Former CEO of Evernote
- Rashmi Sinha: Co-Founder, SlideShare
- Robin Chase: Co-Founder & Former CEO, Zipcar
- Rosemarie Truman: Founder & General Partner, Gazelle Futures, Center for Advancing Innovation
- Sam Yagan: Co-Founder, OK Cupid, ShopRunner, Techstars Chicago
- Scott Heiferman: Co-Founder & CEO, Meetup
- Scott Painter: Founder, Fair.com, TrueCar, CarsDirect.com
- Sergio Maziano: Founder & CEO, NEXT Solutions
- Tim Ferriss: Angel Investor & Author, 4-Hour Workweek
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute's structured program results speak for themselves: FI Alumni have raised over $1.75BN in funding, and are building impactful businesses across 200+ cities and 95+ countries all across the globe. (see the FI 50 Report here).
Join the Food APAC accelerator in 2022.
Apply to the Location Forthcoming Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/food-apac.