Now, more than ever, the world needs entrepreneurs to build the future.
As a result, the Founder Institute, the world’s largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is excited to announce that it is officially launching its newest chapter in Budapest. While the Silicon-Valley based program has chapters in over 200 cities worldwide, early-stage entrepreneurs in Hungary can finally now take advantage of the Founder Institute's renowned structure, mentor support, and network to build an enduring company.
Applications to the first ever Hungary Founder Institute are now open, and anyone interested in building a technology company can apply at FI.co/apply/budapest.
Program Update: This accelerator will be run online with local and international mentors, with the potential for some optional in-person networking. Learn more on our Virtual Program FAQ page.
The Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the support network and structured growth process needed to get to traction and funding, and build something that matters.
Since 2009, the Founder Institute has helped over 5,000 Alumni raise over $1 billion funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more (see the FI 10 Year Impact Report here).
To celebrate the launch, the Founder Institute will host several free online startup events in Budapest, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs and hear more about the program from the comfort of your home:
The experts that have been critical in bringing the Founder Institute to Budapest include local startup leaders Balazs Horvath, Ivan Ivanka, and Tamas Bohner.
Opportunities are flourishing in Hungary. There's now a great ecosystem for entrepreneurs - from crowdfunding platforms to co-working spaces. The Founder Institute can increase an aspiring technology entrepreneur's chance of success by providing the necessary skills and mindset - and a link to the Silicon Valley!
In addition, many of the region's top founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors have signed on to mentor new entrepreneurs in the Hungary Virtual Fall 2021 Founder Institute program, including:
- Ábel Galácz: CEO, Veritas Ventures
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO
- Agnes Hulman: Head of Client Services, Artifisoft
- Ákos Fehérvári: Partner, Baker & Mckenzie
- András Pollák: Head of Digital, Drukka Startup Studio
- Andras Molnár: CEO, Portfolion
- Anetta Leticia Dr. Vajda: Founder and CEO, Your German Company
- Antal Károlyi: Seed Investor, HUBAN
- Antónia Dr. Szabó: Attorney, Self employed
- Árpád Pethő: Managing Partner, Danubia Patent and Law Office LLC
- Attila Sükösd: CTO & Co-founder, Airtame
- Attila Szigeti: CEO, Studio1 Startup Factory
- Aurél Pásztor: Partner, Portfolion
- Balázs Weibel: Board of Directors, Intellitext
- Balazs Horvath: Chapter Director, Startup Grind Budapest
- Balázs Slezák: CEO, Wozify
- Barbara Verő: Co-funder, CEO, Future Proof Consulting
- Barnabás Málnay: Partner, SmartWare.Tech
- Csongor Biás: Managing Director, Startup Hungary
- Dénes Szluha: Investment Director, Hiventures
- Elemér Eszter: Managing Partner, Impact Ventures
- Erik Barcsay: CEO, BIG FISH
- Eszter Szabó: Founding President, Women6Business/Angels
- Eva Pinter: Strategic Leader, Corvinus Fintech Center
- Eva Vajda: CEO, WebMa
- Ferenc Kiss: Vice Rector of Innovation, Metropolitan University
- Ferenc Pongrácz: General Manager, Tungsram Group
- Gábor Dénes: Investment Director, Solus Capital
- Gyorgy Kali: Founder, Virtual Agile Community of Practice
- Imre Hild: Global Managing Partner, Global Traction
- István Boscha: CEO, Aliz Technologies
- István Csővári: Partner, Jalsovszky Law Firm
- István Dr. Molnár: Patent Attorney, Danubia
- Ivan Ivanka: President & CEO, Ivanka Group
- János Pereczes: Managing Director, MKB Bank
- Kozma Andrea: Director, CEU Innovations Lab
- Krisztián Kölkedi: Head of Department, NKFIH
- László Hradszki: Member of the Board of Directors, Hiventures
- Levente Zsembery: CEO, X-Ventures Venture Fund
- Nora Szeles: Director, Tokeportal.hu
- Peter Oszko: CEO, Oxo Holdings
- Peter Kukoda: CEO, Antenna Hungaria Innovation Ltd
- Péter Langmár: Partner, SmartWare.Tech
- Richárd Majsai: Founder, Majsai Digital Collective
- Russell Brand: Member, Keiretsu Forum
- Szabolcs Erki: Founder, Hard Code Hungary Kft
- Tamás Hajnal: CEO Advisor, Széchenyi Fund
- Tamás Jakab: Senior Analyst, CEE-Private Equity Fund
- Tamás Bohner: CEO, Drukka Startup Studio
- Tamás Dr. Szécsi: Attorney at Law, Szécsi Law Firm
- Viktor Bálint: Partner, BnL Accelerator
- Zoltan Acs: Head of Innovation, MKB FIntechLab
- Zoltán Várady: CEO, Intellitext
- Zsolt Szigetlaki: Board of Directors, Intellitext
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is designed for founders and teams all throughout the pre-seed stage, including aspiring founders with a full-time job, solo founders, teams, and founders of established companies that are pre-funding. The organization's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
Join us in Budapest and help build the future.
Apply to the Hungary Virtual Fall 2021 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.