Today, the Founder Institute, the world's premier pre-seed startup accelerator, is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Waterloo 2019 program!
If you could use a structured process and feedback from Waterloo's top entrepreneurs to build a startup, then apply to the Waterloo 2019 Founder Institute today.
Founded in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 180+ cities worldwide, the Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the critical support network and structured process needed to build an enduring company. Since 2009, the program has helped over 3,500 Graduates raise over $800M funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more.
To celebrate the launch, the Founder Institute will host several free startup events in Waterloo, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs and hear more about the program:
Since the beta launch in 2016, the Waterloo Founder Institute has helped build several promising companies in the region, like Port, DeepSubconscious, Quote Kong, and more.
The new 2019 program launch includes local partnerships with sponsors who have helped grow the Waterloo startup ecosystem including the public-private innovation hub Communitech, the multinational law firm Gowling WLG and their office in Waterloo Region, global accounting and business advisory firm BDO in Kitchener-Waterloo, and Google Developers.
The Waterloo program is led by some of the region's top startup connectors, including Sunil Sharma (Managing Director of Techstars Toronto), Madusha Cooray (Engineer, Entrepreneur and Startup Consultant), and Jordan Jocius (Co-Founder of Rebels of Design).
In addition, some of Waterloo's top entrepreneurs, CEOs, and investors will be participating in the program, providing them with expert training, feedback, and evaluation. The list of mentors for the Waterloo Founder Institute includes:
- Aaron Bast: Associate Director, The Investment Accelerator Fund
- Adam Mawer: Director of Kitchener-Waterloo, Workhaus
- Adrian Wong: Co-Founder & COO, SparkGig
- Alexander Marshall: Creative Director & Founder, George Briggs Media
- Alexandra Hardy: Partner, BDO Canada
- Allen Lau: CEO, Wattpad
- Amanie Ismail: COO, Meya.ai
- Amit Mehta: Founder, Head of Partnerships, Good Company Productions
- Ben Bittrolff: CEO, Co-founder, DeSully
- Beth Nenniger: Director, Design Center, BuildDirect
- Bob Embleton: CEO, Cicer One
- Brian Zubert: Director, Thomson Reuters Labs
- Bryan Fedorak: Founder & CEO, Bartesian
- Caitlin Mac Gregor: CEO & Cofounder, Plum.io Inc.
- Calvin Chu: Founder and CEO, Palette
- Cam Davies: Senior Product Marketing Manager, Miovision
- Charles Mire: Co-Founder & CEO, Structur3D Printing
- Christopher Reid: Co-founder, CEO, Sortable
- Cian O'Sullivan: CEO, Beagle.ai
- Claudio Gambetti: Professional Services , Nashco Consulting
- Cole Jones: CEO, Local Line
- Dan Silivestru: CEO, co-founder
- Dan Mathers: Co-Founder & Partner, IronSpan Executives Inc
- Daryl Sherman: CEO, Talometrix
- Dayton Pereira: Founder, Signal UX
- Ella Hilal: Director of Data, Shopify
- Erik Kalviainen: CEO, Meya.ai
- Frank Erschen: Director, GTAN
- Frank Erschen: Chair, Powernoodle, RENOMii
- Geoff Valeriote: VP Sales, Poly-Nova
- Grace Bartz: Manager, BDO
- Hali Van Vliet: Senior Manager HR Advisory, BDO
- Hana H: Founder, Black Maple
- Harry Gandhi: Co-Founder and CEO, Medella Health
- Hongwei Liu: CEO, MappedIn
- Honourable Bardish Chagger: Leader of the Government, Canada House of Commons
- Ilya Peskov: CEO, Focus21
- Isaac Adejuwon: CEO & Founder, Metricsflow
- Jaafer Haidar: Founder and CEO, Penny
- James Slifierz: CEO, SkyWatch Space Applications
- James Moss: MR, Plasticity Labs
- Jeff Fedor: Entrepreneur in residence
- Jeffrey Wong: Partner, Gowling WLG
- Jesse Moeinifar: Founder & CEO, Viafoura Inc.
- Jessica Chalk: CEO and Founder, Traffic Soda
- Jim Estill: CEO, Danby
- Joe Dales: Vice-President & Co-Founder, Farms.com
- John Stix: President, KidsWifi
- Jordan Jocius: Co-Founder, Rebels of Design
- Joseph Puopolo: CEO/Founder, Printchomp
- Joseph Fung: CEO, Kiite
- Kaleah Baker: Co-Founder, COO, BridesMade
- Kevin Swersky: Research Scientist @ Google Brain, Google
- Kim Parnell: Cofounder, Blank
- Komal Singh: Engineering Program Manager at Google, Author of 'Ara The Star Engineer'
- Kristopher Braun: Co-founder and CTO, KidsWifi
- Kurtis Mc Bride: CEO, Miovision Technologies Incorporated
- Lori Wilson: Manager HR Advisory Services, BDO
- Madusha Cooray: Manager, Developer Relations
- Martin Basiri: CEO, ApplyBoard Inc.
- Marylin Ma: CEO, Quali AI
- Matthew Gardner: COO/Co-Founder, Videostream
- Meti Basiri: Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer, ApplyBoard
- Michael Litt: Co-Founder, Vidyard
- Mike Kirkup: CTO, enCircle
- Mike Rossi: Co-Founder & CEO, Smile.io
- Morteza Ahmadi: CEO, Qidni Labs
- Nabil Fahel: Director, Canada, Atomic
- Paul Donald: CEO, enCircle
- Popy Dimoulas-Graham: Founder, CEO, Charity Republic
- Professor Fakhri Karray: Co-Director, Waterloo AI Institute
- Rick Spence: Former Editor and Publisher, PROFIT (Canadian Business)
- Robert Bruski: Co-founder & CFO, Ctrl V
- Robert Whiteside: Director, Founding Partner, Treemark Capital
- Russ Armstrong: Regional Head of Business Development, Boast.AI (Boast Capital)
- Ryan Mc Cartney: BDC Communitech Partner, BDC
- Ryan Micheletti: Director of Global Operations, Founder Institute
- Sajeed Jamal: VP Marketing, SSIMWAVE
- Sandy Pell: Lead, Corporate Communications/PR, Vidyard
- Sarah Marion: Senior Analyst, iNovia Capital
- Scott Barker: CEO, Mii Corp
- Sean Gomes: Partner, Gowling WLG
- Shiva Bhardwaj: Founder, CEO, Pitstop
- Shrad Rao: CEO, Wagepoint
- Stephen Lake: Founder/CEO, Thalmic Labs
- Sunil Sharma: Managing Director
- Ted Hastings: CEO, Perk.com
- Tom Kane: VP Worldwide Sales, Virtek Vision International Inc.
- Tristan Lehari: CEO, Tritonwear
- Viona Duncan: Partner, Gowling WLG
- Wendy Robertson: Managing Director, Assemble Inc.
- Will Greenblatt: Co-Founder & Managing Director, OutLoud Speakers School
- Yogi Yoganathan: CEO/Co-Founder, RemitBee
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is designed for founders and teams all throughout the pre-seed stage, including aspiring founders with a full-time job, solo founders, teams, and founders of established companies that are pre-funding. The Founder Institute's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
Founder Institute Waterloo Team
From left to right - Amit Mehta, Madusha Cooray, Kyley Paul, Jordan Jocius and Udesh Cooray.
Join us in Waterloo to build a great company in 2019.
Apply to the Waterloo 2019 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.
Jordan Jocius, Co-Director
Founder Institute Waterloo
- 30 -