Founder First, Founder Always. Join us in 2022: Founder Institute is the #1 place in the world to turn ideas into fundable startups, and startups into global businesses.
Today’s economic 'New Normal' is full of reshuffling industries, and new problems in need of solutions - now is a time for entrepreneurs to act.
Whether you need to test and validate early hypotheses before making a large financial commitment to your startup idea, or you are ready to push your startup to the next level through aggressive weekly growth sprints to refine your vision, improve key metrics, and prepare for investor diligence, Founder Institute has the proven processes and network to help you do it.
If you could use a structured process that tells you what to focus on when, and a lifetime of support from Kampala's top investors and entrepreneurs, then apply to the Uganda Fall 2022 Founder Institute today.
We will be hosting several free startup events in Kampala over the coming weeks, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs all from the comfort of home:
- Startup Funding in Kampala: How to Raise Money (Online Event) on 6:00pm, Aug 23, 2022 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/299672
- Meet the Top Startup Mentors in Kampala (Open Zoom Meeting) on 6:00pm, Sep 06, 2022 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/288497
- WEBINAR: Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
- Founder Hotseat: Pitch Your Idea to Startup Experts, Online on 8:00pm, Aug 24, 2022 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/293717
- Co-Founder Networking: Find a Business Partner, Online on 8:00pm, Sep 07, 2022 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/296378
- $100,000 Quantum & Photonics Pitch Competition on 8:00pm, Sep 08, 2022 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/300545
- $100,000 Veteran Pitch Competition | Semi-Finals 2022 (Online Event) on 8:00pm, Sep 15, 2022 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/300191
Make better, faster business decisions in 2022 by sharing your latest progress, challenges, and strategies for constant feedback and evaluation from our expert mentors and advisors, every step of the way–scale your team, develop new business opportunities, and recruit an amazing advisory board with the world's largest network of international startup founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors.
The Kampala accelerator is led by some of the region's top startup leaders, including Alan Lwetabe, Allan Rwakatungu, Chukwuemeka Fred Agbata Jnr., Ivan Kahangire, and Jacinta Anyinge. In addition, some of Uganda's top entrepreneurs will be participating as mentors in the program, including:
- Aeko Ongodia: CEO, XENO Technologies
- Akua Nyame Mensah: Certified Executive & Leadership Coach, A.N.M & Company
- Alan Lwetabe: Co-Director , Founder Institute Kampala
- Albany James: Founder, Foodsasa
- Alex Ponton: Investment Manager, Iungo Capital
- Allan Rwakatungu: CEO, Xente
- Anna Lindbäck: Founder & Startup lead, Founder Institute
- Barbara Mutabazi: CEO, HiveColab
- Chintan Oza: Advisor, Lloyds Ventures
- Chris Foltz: Entrepreneur In Residence, Founder Institute + Responsible Solutions Ltd + IRG 100 CMO's & Change Agents
- David Wangolo: Investment Manager, Pearl Capital Partners
- Davis Musinguzi: CEO, Rocket Health
- Dickson Mushabe: CEO, Hostalite
- Edmund Kamugisha: Portifilio lead, JSF
- Edwin Moses Byaruhanga: Senior Advisor, Simon Kucher & Partners
- Evelyn Namara: CEO, Vouch Digital
- Francis Nkurunungi: COO & Co-Founder, Xente
- Francis Nasyomba: Principal, Raisin Capital
- Geogette Ndabukiye: Co-Founder & CMO, WaziVision
- George Mulindwa: Investment Manager, GenAfrica Asset Managers
- Idowu Akinde: Founder, Boolean Labs
- Ivan Kahangire: Co Director, Founder Institute Kampala
- Jacinta Anyinge: Leader, Founder Institute Kampala
- James Byaruhanga: GENERAL MANAGER, RAXIO DATA CENTER
- John Paul Namoma: Investment Officer, Nithio
- Kenneth Legesi: CEO & Co-Founder, Ortus Africa Capital
- Lavina Ramkissoon: Africa's Voice - Chairperson and Director #aiMom, Founder Institute
- Mark Kleyner: Co-Founder, Dream VC
- Matiullah Rahmaty: Founder/President , BrightPoint Consulting Services
- Melissa Howell: Entrepreneur in Residence, Founder Institute Uganda + GRPTHNK
- Michael Akampa: Co-Founder, Investure
- More Argwings Kodhek: Director of Marketing, Made by People
- Moses Abindabizemu: COO, Cellulant
- Moses Abindabizemu: COO, Cellulant
- Neha Pandya: Co-Founder & COO, Flip Africa
- Nelson Kituuka: MD, Discount Cards Limited
- Obol Muttu: Financial Analyst, Uganda Electricity Regulatory Authority
- Pritam Onsker: Founder & CEO, Tailorsmart.in & Brunchbites.in
- Rajeev Agarwal: CEO, Renga Tech
- Rebecca Sabiiti: Partner, Blair & Company Advocates
- Robert Kirunda: Partner, Kirunda & Wasige Advocates
- Rose Mary Nakasenge Bbosa: Founder, Marbo Global Investments
- Russell Brand: CEO & Founder, Responsible Solutions Limited
- Silver Kayondo: Partner, Ortus Advocates
- Simon Turner: Founding Partner, Groundbreaking, Managing Director, FI Ghana
- Steven Wamathai: Principal, Evernai Capital
- Susan Nsibirwa: Managing Partner, Urge Uganda
- Uche Aniche: Founder, Rebel Seed Capital
- Vivien Patt: Group CFO, Simusolar Inc
- And many more to be announced.
Since 2009, Founder Institute’s highly-structured accelerator programs have helped over 6,000 entrepreneurs to grow quickly, know what to do next, and make key connections through the largest community of startup advisors in the world.
It all starts with our renowned ‘FI Core’ accelerator, which pushes founders at the idea and pre-seed stages to reach the milestones needed for investment and sustained growth. Alumni of FI Core then receive free access to our advanced ‘Founder Lab’ accelerators for years to come, and can get matched with prospective investors in the FI Venture Network - a collection of global funds actively investing in the earliest rounds of funding.
The results speak for themselves: FI Alumni have raised over $1.75BN in funding, and are building impactful businesses across 200+ cities and 95+ countries all across the globe.
(see the FI 50 Report here
Join us in Kampala to get funded and build a global business.
Apply to the Uganda Fall 2022 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.