In 2009, the majority of membership applications to TheFunded.com (a site for startups actively raising funding to rate venture capitalists) were entrepreneurs nowhere near ready to approach professional investors. To fill this knowledge and mentorship gap, "The Funded Founder Institute" was born.
Well, we've come a long way since then.
To mark a decade of accelerating early-stage startups, we are releasing a new 10 Year Impact Report, which features insights from our 15,000+ Enrolled Founders, 4,000+ Portfolio Companies, 40+ Acquisitions, $900M+ raised by Alumni, and 180+ cities (with a FT team of only 18... we don't sleep much :).
Some trends we've spotted when diving into our data include:
- Ad Tech startups have been the most likely to be acquired.
- Software Development Tools, Agritech, and Fintech have the best survival rate (while Dating, Gaming, and Coupons have the worst)
- Pets, Software Tools, and Agritech companies have been the fastest to drive > $100K ARR (while Biotech, Peer to Peer Services, and Fashion are the slowest)
- Crowdfunding, E-Commerce and Fintech companies have the highest funding rate (while Research/ Analytics, Coupons, and Govtech have the lowest)
We would also be remiss to not point out our sincere gratitude to everyone that has helped the Founder Institute over the last 10 years, such as;
- Our dedicated Local Leaders, who devote countless hours towards developing and growing their local startup ecosystems.
- Our amazing Portfolio Companies, who surprise us every day with their impact on the world.
- Our supportive Mentors, who pay-it-forward and make time out of their busy schedules to help the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Our generous Partners, who provide financial support and services to allow flegling companies to grow and prosper.
- Our passionate Team. It was mentioned above but it's worth reiterating here, we operate globally with a FT team of only 18 incredibly hard working, talented, and dedicated people.
We hope you enjoy the report, and we can't wait to reveal what we have in store for the next 10 years!
You can see the full 10 Year Impact Report at 10.fi.co.