5323 Levander Loop
- Date: Mar 27, 2018
- Time: 09:30 PM - 12:00 AM
- Timezone: America/New York
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their idea or business
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
What are some of the Topics?
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more...
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Talks from Entrepreneurs who have raised capital, and Investors who fund startups
- Networking and Drinks
About the Speaker
Johnny Kelly is the Founder and Managing Partner of J9 Partners. In less than a year he has secured millions of dollars for Austin startups from investors on the coasts. In Austin, he is a mentor at the Founder Institute, Galvanize and MassChallenge. Johnny also serves as a Senior Advisor for work well win.
Work well win is opening their flagship location at the Eightfold campus in East Austin this summer. The 100,000 square foot building will be the first co-working space in Austin for health-conscious professionals. J9 Partners has been retained by work well win to strategically select tenants and local partners at the Austin location.
Johnny began his career as a Financial Analyst in Morgan Stanley's Private Wealth Management Division, managing over $1bn in client assets. “PWM” is a boutique division of the firm catering exclusively to families, foundations, and endowments with a minimum of $20mm in liquid assets.
Full bio here
About the Venue
We are a community of creators, innovators, and food truck enthusiasts in East Austin, TX. We created solo and social places within our coworking space to create, collaborate, and meditate. We are Journey Coworking. Home to your best life’s work. We are for the hustlers that prefer to pause and be present from time to time versus the 24/hour hustle & bustle. Enter the entrepreneurs, free agents, agencies, and virtual workers, the satellite teams and those of the startup mentality: we are building a new kind of shared workplace – a coworking space to be solo and social; to make, to break bread, and to clear and rest your head. A place to wash away the day and begin the next anew. Whether you’re dedicated to your desk or working for a company from afar at our custom-built bar, we have just the coworking space for those that desire a better way to work, live, and play- we’ve coined it coexisting.
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit https://FI.co/events.
Related EventsMore events
- 09:00 AM
- Ryan Micheletti and Jonathan Greechan
- Various Times