The Vancouver Founder Institute, the local chapter of the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is proud to announce the newest Alumni from the Vancouver 2019 program.
Over 180 people applied to the program, and after an intense four months of buisiness-building assignments and constant evaluation and feedback from mentors, just 6 companies were able to make it to graduation.
Each of these Founders have demonstrated the high level of passion, perseverance, and creativity it takes to build a meaningful and enduring company, and have been vetted by a panel of Vancouver's top startup experts and investors.
And now, without further ado, we present the Graduates of the Vancouver 2019 program:
- Eco Meat - helping brands bring their social mission to life by optimizing their employees' carbon performance.
- iCooked - inspiring trust into homemade food and making it easier for young chefs to build their reputation.
- MSP Techno-Concierge Inc. - providing tech peace-of-mind to small-business owners by automating systems management and data backup.
- Perk Eco Inc. - recycling coffee shop waste, generating new revenue and new customers for our member coffee shops.
- PolyForm - providing customer collaboration templates, training, and support for startups.
- ProtoMe - a recommendation system for clinicians to make more diagnostic decisions in less time.
The Vancouver 2019 program would not have been possible without help, because it truly takes a city to raise a startup. We would first like to thank the Local Leaders of the Vancouver Founder Institute: Todd Embley (Partner, BoostXLabs), Wade Larson (Founder and Executive Vice President , UrtheCast Corp), and Kailin Che (Lawyer). Our Local Leaders play an incredibly important role in building the local Founder Institute program, and creating an environment and network in Vancouver that is conducive to building to great companies.
In addition, the Vancouver 2019 program was supported by some of Vancouver's top technology organizations, including:
Some of Vancouver’s top startup mentors helped our founders in the program, including:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alex Hobbs: CEO, Oxford Lock
- Ali Kashani: Head of X, Postmates
- Ally Bharmal: Partner, Fasken Martineau
- Aman Mann: CEO, Procurify
- Andrew McLeod: CSO, CERTN
- Andry Tanusdjaja: Co-Founder & COO , MuseFind
- Andy Chu: CEO, Vancouver Virtual Reality Film Festival
- Angela Baldonero: COO, Procurify
- Bijan Vaez: Founder and CEO, Fractional CTO
- Bill Tam: VP, BC SuperCluster
- Bonnie Foley-Wong: Chief Investment Innovator, Pique Ventures
- Boris Lau: Senior Software Engineer, Mobify
- Bosky Mukherjee: Founder, Spark to Substance
- Brittany Whitmore: Founder/CEO, Exvera Communications Inc.
- Canon Bryan: CFO, Terrestrial Energy
- Casey Lau: Head of Asia, RISE (Web Summit)
- Chris Goward: Founder & CEO, WiderFunnel
- Chris Wilson: CEO, Function Point
- Chris Hobbs: President, TTT Studios
- Christian Gauthier: Partner , Bennet Jones
- Colin Brown: VP Revenue Operations, Sky Global
- Colin Weston: Founding Partner, Reviver Sport+Entertainment
- Danny Robinson: VP Product Development, iQmetrix
- Danny Halarewich: CEO, LemonStand
- Don Osborne: CEO, Urthecast
- Dr. Alexandra T. Greenhill: CEO, Careteam Technologies Inc.
- Ed Levinson: Director, Ensibuuko
- Erin Campbell: CEO, ECMB Capital Partners
- Galya Westler: Founder, Plazus Technologist Inc.
- Geoff Fawkes: CEO & Co-Founder, Vancosys Data Security Inc.
- George Kondopulos: Partner, KPMG
- Gerry Li: Associate, Bennett Jones LLP
- Grandy Chu: Founder and Designer , Atelier Grandi
- Grant Lawrence: President, Valhalla Private Capital
- Hartland Ross: Founder, eBridge Marketing Solutions
- Henry Soo: CEO, Settlely
- Ian Gilbert: Chief Revenue Officer, Guidespark
- Jack Gin: Corporate Director - Entrepreneur - Former CEO, Semios, Saltworks, Extreme CCTV
- Jayesh Parmar: CEO, Picatic
- Jayson Wyner: Co-Founder, Nutrabolics
- Jean Guy Faubert: CRO, SEDNA
- Jennifer Li: CEO, MuseFind
- John Chan: Principal Consultant, 2x Conversion Design
- Kal Malhi: Founder and CEO, BullRun Capital Inc
- Ken Charko: President , Dunbar Theatre/ Charko Investments
- Kevin Sandhu: CEO & Founder, Grow
- Kwang Lim: Partner, Bennett Jones LLP
- Kyle Campbell: Founder, Hack Capital
- Lisa Payne: CFO, Mine Sense
- Luke Aulin: CEO, RTown
- Lynda Brown Ganzert: CEO, Curatio
- Manveer Bisla: Associate
- Maria Osipova: VP Marketing, Traction Guest
- Marius Adomnica: Associate, Segev LLP
- Mark Williams: Entrepreneurial leader, Co-Founder, Elastic Path
- Mary Ryan: COO, PKI Capital [Private Family Office]
- Meredith J. Powell: Venture Partner, Voyager Capital
- Michelle Martin: President, Sea to Sky Startup Society
- Miguel Kudry: Founder, CEO, HelpHub
- Mike Winterfield: CEO, Founder, Active Impact Investments
- Mike Mendoza: Founder, LEXI
- Miranda Lievers: COO, Thinkific
- Neil Patel: CEO / Founder, Kabuni
- Nick Oostveen: President, Gravit-e Technologies
- Nicole Gallop: VP, Cultivate Advisors
- Nicole Donnelly
- Paris Gaudet: Executive Director, ACETECH
- Paul Austin: Partner, Fort Capital Partners
- Pete Berdusco: President, Guyana Goldstrike
- Pete Duggan: Executive Vice President Operations, UrtheCast Corp.
- Peter Reek: Founder, Savvy + Associate
- Peter Paul Van Hoeken: Founder & CEO, FrontFundr
- Praveen Varshney: Director, Varshney Capital Corp.
- Ray Torresan: CEO, /Archive Digital
- Rick Pasin: Co-Founder, MyEducationRoom.com & Sincron HR Software (sincronhr.com)
- Rob Stone: Owner, Mr. Taxes
- Rob Attwell: Founder, COO/CFO, Careteam Technologies Inc.
- Robert Delmar: Business Advisor, Bull Run Capital
- Roberto Erario: Business and Leadership, Coach
- Roman Karachinsky: CEO & Co-founder, News360
- Ryan Smith: CEO, FTSY
- Sam Sullivan: MLA of British Columbia and Former Mayor, Vancouver
- Scott Larson: CEO, Kater, HeliosWire
- Sean Eikerman: Business Advisor, Cultivate Advisors
- Shahrooz Nabavi: Partner
- Simon Hardy: Consultant, Brand and User-Centred Design
- Stacey Wallin: Head of Growth, BC Tech
- Stephanie Wetterwald: Marketing Manager, Entreflow Consulting Group
- Stephen Shen: CTO, MuseFind
- Steve Oldham: CEO, Carbon Engineering Ltd.
- Susan Koch: CFO, Carbon Engineering Ltd.
- Thealzel Lee: Founder, President & Director, e-Fund
- Todd Embley: Partner, BoostXLabs
- Tom Petryshen: Advisor, Adacado
- Tyler Douglas: Former Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer, Vision Critical
- Valerie Song: CEO, AVA
- Van Doren Chan: President, Ugly Dumplings
- Viviana Matheus: Director of Digital Strategy and Brand, Comm100
- Wade Larson: Founder, Urthecast
In the Founder Institute's pre-seed accelerator program, early-stage entrepreneurs and teams build their business alongside a critical support network of local startup experts that share equity in their success, and through a structured and challenging business-building process that has helped alumni raise over $900M.
After Graduation, the new Vancouver Founder Institute Portfolio Companies now have a fast-growing company that has been fully validated by experienced startup founders, with access to the Founder Institute's global network and post-graduate support programs to continue building their business.
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to raise funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 185+ cities and 65+ countries, the Founder Institute’s mission is to Globalize Silicon Valley and empower talented and motivated entrepreneurs to build companies that will create one million new jobs.
The next Vancouver Founder Institute program is being planned now. If you are interested in being notified when applications open, visit FI.co/apply/vancouver.
Alumni of the Founder Institute are creating some of the world's fastest growing startups, having raised over $900M in funding, and building products people love across over 185 cities worldwide.
See the most recent news from our Grads at FI.co/news, or learn more about their stories at FI.co/journey.