One of the biggest benefits for aspiring entrepreneurs in Oslo is the vast number of startup and tech events in the area. At these many events, experienced CEOs, founders, and investors in Oslo share their experiences and knowledge with the next generation of startups.
In the blog post below, we’ve listed plenty of startup events and groups in the Oslo area for every stage of your startup, whether you’re testing your idea, looking to learn new skills, meet potential co-founders, find investors, or just meet new and interesting people.
Inspirational Startup Events
The are many inspirational startup events and Meetups in Oslo, where you hear interesting stories from experienced entrepreneurs and begin to meet others in the Oslo startup community. The great thing about these events is that they are open to the public and very welcoming to newcomers.
Best Practices Startup Events
Oslo is home to a plethora of beginner knowledge-sharing events. These events are each focused on specific topics related to building a business, and feature expert speakers that share their best practices, tips for success, and pitfalls to avoid. Most of these events are free, but some may charge a small ticket fee that is definitely worth the investment.
- Founder Institute events:
Norway – Nordics Events:
- Meet Norway Startup Ecosystem w/ Leading Accelerators, VCs & Ecosystem Orgs on 6:00pm, Jun 09, 2022 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/286604
- Meet the Nordic Startup Ecosystem w/ Top Accelerators, Investors & VCs on 6:00pm, Jun 02, 2022 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/289854
- Startup Funding in Nordics w/ Top Business Angels, Investors & VCs on 6:00pm, Jun 16, 2022 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/289956
- WEBINAR: Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
- How to Get Your Startup Funded from Top Investors in Europe (Online) on 5:00pm, May 31, 2022 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/289608
- FI50 Alumni Panel: Meet Founders with the Fastest Growing Companies in 2021 on 7:00pm, Jun 08, 2022 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/289388
- Startup Revenue Models: How to Make Money & Not Become a Statistic on 7:00pm, Jun 14, 2022 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/289418
- [Restricted Access] Achieving Product Market Fit with Subha Shetty + VIP Alumni Networking Summit on 7:00pm, Jun 29, 2022 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/289439
- Business Model Workshops Meetup
- Cloud Native and Kubernetes Oslo
- EPiServer Developers Oslo
- IBM Bluemix Oslo Meetup
- Find Your Passion and Make a Living of It Meetup
- Mobile Meetup Oslo
- Oslo Bitcoin Cash Meetup
- Oslo Growth Hacking Meetup
- Oslo Legal Tech Meetup
- Oslo Software Architecture Meetup
- Overachievers Oslo Meetup
- ShipTech Norway
- Sport Tech Norway
- Startup Founder 101 Oslo
- Startup Grind Oslo
- Startup Norway Meetup
- The Oslo Lean Meetup
Events to Network and Form a Team in Oslo
When you're ready to start building a team, it's time to attend events, talk about your startup project, and meet people that share your interests in Oslo. While attending any of the events listed in this post can help you meet potential team members, the events below are especially useful.
Startup Bootcamps in Oslo
Events focused on making concrete progress on your startup. These usually specialize in a particular skill or vertical, and offer comprehensive training.
Builder-Focused Events and Hackathons in Oslo
If you have a technical skillset, or are looking to network and learn from people that have a technical skillset, then it is worth looking into the maker-focused events in Oslo. These include hackathons, technical Meetups, and other communities that foster people building products.
Investor Networking Events in Oslo
If you already have a team and/or product, then you might be ready to start networking with investors in Oslo. There are many events in Oslo that gather angel investors in Oslo (affluent people that invest their personal capital in early-stage startups or entrepreneurs, and generally provide only a small one-time investment to help the business grow), angel investor groups (networks, or syndicates, of angel investors who pool their resources together to invest more money than would typically be issued with a private angel investment), and venture capital firms (large institutional funds that provide large amounts of funding for later stage companies with impressive and proven growth), like the ones listed below.
Are you looking for expert guidance and feedback to build a startup in Oslo?
The Founder Institute is an idea-stage accelerator that works with solo-entrepreneurs, and teams, during the earliest stages of building a business. Through an intensive 3.5 month program, FI participants build their business through a proven structured process, and receive feedback and assistance from over 30+ successful entrepreneurs and investors in Oslo. Upon completing the program, Graduates join a global network of entrepreneurs and receive ongoing help to get funding and build their business. FI Graduates have raised over $1.75BN in funding, and are building some of the world's fastest growing companies.
Learn more about the Founder Institute at FI.co, join a free startup event in Oslo, or apply to build a startup in Oslo today.