Business success should be measured not just by profit, but by social impact as well. If bright-minded entrepreneurs tackled bigger problems and global markets, not only would their potential to achieve big profit AND societal impact be much higher - they could also lead a more inspired and passionate life.
The Founder Institute previously held a webinar that tackled these complex topics, hosted by Adeo Ressi (Founder & CEO of the Founder Institute), and featured special guest Kimbal Musk.
Kimbal Musk is on the board for Tesla Motors, SpaceX, and Chipotle Mexican Grill. His personal mission is to strengthen communities through food. Kimbal is a co-founder of The Kitchen, a growing family of restaurants that sources directly from local farmers, stimulating the local farm economy to the tune of millions of dollars a year, and creating quality jobs. In 2011, Kimbal co-founded The Kitchen Community, a complementary non-profit organization. The Kitchen Community builds Learning Gardens in schools around the U.S. reaching hundreds of thousands of students every school day, improving their vegetable intake and academic achievements.
Discussion topics in this video include:
- The various business opportunities where entrepreneurs can start impactful companies
- How to identify the "big idea" that you are passionate about solving
- How to create an impactful vision, define your mission, and articulate them to the masses
- How to navigate the funding landscape for social and mission-driven companies
- Why food is an impactful and trillion dollar business opportunity
Watch the full video below for even more insights on what it takes to build a startup that matters:
The Founder Institute is inspiring and empowering entrepreneurs to build impactful and ambitious companies around the world. Click here to learn more about our "FI for Good" initiative.