Now, more than ever, the world needs entrepreneurs to build the future.
To keep people safe and #StopTheSpread, the Founder Institute has moved our 30+ operating startup accelerator programs to a virtual format, scheduled multiple online startup events per week to help entrepreneurs build businesses from home, and released several resources to help startups operate during these unprecedented times.
Our singular focus is to continue providing the highest quality pre-seed accelerator program in the world, while keeping everyone safe and recognizing local and regional health advisories.
1. Online Startup Events
We have moved all in-person events to an online format for the forseable future, while also running several new online events every week. See all the online startup events we are running at FI.co/events.
These events will always be free, and you can get feedback and advice from top entrepreneurs from across the globe.
2. Upcoming Accelerator Programs
We have fully transitioned all operating Founder Institute programs to a virtual format, and are planning host all programs with a start date in 2020 online. In fact, we are already running virtual programs in 30+ cities across four continents (including our flagship Silicon Valley program).
There are no plans to cancel any currently scheduled programs.
Founders in our programs are joining interactive feedback sessions with mentors over Zoom, collaborating with their cohort via Slack, leveraging our newly released Virtual Office Hours Tools to speak privately with mentors, using our existing backend course tools to build their business, and getting access to new benefits like weekly "AMA" events with Silicon Valley leaders.
You can see a list of currently enrolling programs at FI.co/enrolling, and if you have questions about how our virtual programs will operate, please see our Virtual Program FAQ, or reply to any email you have received from us.
Were are here to help.
3. Open Source Startup Resources
This is truly an unprecedented time, and as the situation has evolved we have sourced as much feedback, resources, templates, and more from our global network to release to the public. ANYTHING that can help.
See the list of currently available resources below, or check our blog at FI.co/insights.
- #BeyondCOVID: This page is a directory of articles and resources we have found to be helpful for entrepreneurs and ecosystem looking towards the post-COVID future.
- Call for COVID-19 Solutions Directory: This document is an open source directory for solutions to COVID-19 related problems. Too many people are waiting for their governments to act, but entrepreneurs and innovators can help. This is an open Google document outlining the various ways startups can help, with examples of those currently taking initiative.
- Sample Coronavirus Plan for Business: When the virus impacts your business, a good plan is essential to the ensure the safety of your employees and the continuity of your operations. With chapters across 60+ countries running in-person programs, ee spent several weeks developing comprehensive policies (and emails to communicate and enforce those policies) to make a transition. We used this experience to create a template for anyone to copy, edit and use.
4. Looking Ahead
(a message from the CEO of the Founder Institute, Adeo Ressi)
"The global lockdown has given the planet a moment to recover and given our minds the freedom to see beyond our daily routines. We are reflecting on the lives that we lead. We are asking big questions. What can be? What is next?
Now is the time to build the future we want to see in the world.
Industries are changing. Incumbents are being disrupted. Thrust upon us are new ways of living and working. Ideas that previously required years to scale are now viable in days. Many talented people are sitting at home looking for what is next.
Let’s make this special moment count. The Founder Institute is here to help.
- For entrepreneurs:
Now is the time to build your dream company and create the Post Coronavirus world. Apply to our pre-seed accelerator programs to build something that matters.
- For ecosystem leaders:
Rally your community to launch startups that will have a positive impact on the world. Apply to lead a world-class pre-seed accelerator in your city.
The last few weeks have shown that we measure the value of life more than money and convenience. So much has changed in such a short period, and more changes are on the way."
- Adeo Ressi
- CEO of Founder Institute
We would love to hear suggestions on policies that we should add, amend or remove by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.