One the reasons so many aspiring entrepreneurs are drawn to Barcelona is the vast number of startup and tech events in the area. At these many events, experienced CEOs, founders, and investors in Barcelona share their experiences and knowledge with the next generation of startups.
In the blog post below, we’ve listed plenty of startup events and groups in the Barcelona area for every stage of your startup, whether you’re testing your idea, looking to learn new skills, meet potential co-founders, find investors, or just meet new and interesting people.
Inspirational Startup Events
The are many inspirational startup events and Meetups in Barcelona, where you hear interesting stories from experienced entrepreneurs and begin to meet others in the Barcelona startup community. The great thing about these tech events is that they are open to the public and very welcoming to newcomers.
- 080 Barcelona Fashion Investor Day
- Barcelona Entrepreneurship Meetup
- Barcelona Founders' Corner
- Barcelona Internet Startups
- Barcelona Startup
- Barcelona Tech City
- B Good Sessions
- Big Data Startups
- Failcon Barcelona
- First Tuesday
- Full Stack Fest Barcelona
- Iniciador Barcelona
- ISport Forum
- PrimaveraPro Startups
- Social Entrepreneurship Barcelona Meetup
- Start2Bee Business SiliconGracia Barcelona
- Startup Party Barcelona
- Startup Week Barcelona
- Startup Weekend Barcelona
- TechMeetups Barcelona
- TEDx Barcelona
- WEFOUND: Women Startups Entrepreneurs Barcelona
- WORKOFF: Digital Nomads & Coworkers in Barcelona
Best Practices Startup Events
Barcelona is home to a plethora of beginner knowledge-sharing events. These events are each focused on specific topics related to building a business, and feature expert speakers that share their best practices, tips for success, and pitfalls to avoid. Most of these events are free, but some may charge a small ticket fee that is definitely worth the investment.
- Agile Barcelona
- Barcelona Bitcoin Community
- Content Strategy Barcelona
- Digital Marketing Barcelona
- Growth Hacking Spain Barcelona
- Guiripreneur Barcelona
- Health 2.0
- Lessons Learned
- MOB + FabCafe Barcelona
- Startup Founder 101 Barcelona
- Startup Grind Barcelona
- Teamlabs Barcelona
- The Silicon Valley Experience
Events to Network and Form a Team in Barcelona
When you're ready to start building a team, it's time to attend events, talk about your startup project, and meet people that share your interests in Barcelona. While attending any of the events listed in this post can help you meet potential team members, the events below are especially useful
Builder-Focused Events and Hackathons in Barcelona
If you have a technical skillset, or are looking to network and learn from people that have a technical skillset, then it is worth looking into the maker-focused events in Barcelona. These include hackathons, technical Meetups, and other communities that foster people building products.
- Angelhack Hackathon
- Barcelona Gaming Data Hackathon. By BCNAnalytics + Social Point
- Global Urban Datafest
- Hackathon 'Todos Incluidos'
- HackerNest Barcelona
- Legal Hackathon Barcelona
- Typeform I/O Summer Hackathon
Startup Bootcamps in Barcelona
Events focused on making concrete progress on your startup. These usually specialize in a particular skill or vertical, and offer comprehensive training.
- BCN Coding
- B Corp Spain
- Catalunya Empren
- Corkscrew Startup Experienceships
- Data Science Dojo
- Fundación INLEA
- Lean Startup Machine Barcelona
- Pandorahub Fun Start up!
- Pitch Bootcamp Barcelona
- Startup Weekend Bootcamp Barcelona (II): Business Model Validation
- Tetuan Valley Startup School
Investor Networking Events in Barcelona
If you already have a team and/or product, then you might be ready to start networking with investors in Barcelona. There are many events in Barcelona that gather angel investors (affluent people that invest their personal capital in early-stage startups or entrepreneurs, and generally provide only a small one-time investment to help the business grow), angel investor groups (networks, or syndicates, of angel investors who pool their resources together to invest more money than would typically be issued with a private angel investment), and venture capital firms (large institutional funds that provide large amounts of funding for later stage companies with impressive and proven growth), like the ones listed below.
- 1st Smart Cities Investment Forum
- 4YFN Events
- Barcelona Business Networking
- Barcelona International Investors and Founders (IIF)
- Barcelona Networking
- BCN Business Angels
- Business Angels Network Catalunya (BANC)
- Catch: Business Networking
- Challengers Barcelona
- Economistes BAN
- ESADE BAN Investment Forum Barcelona
- Global Women Entrepreneur-Network: Barcelona
- IESE Business Angels
- Innovation Forum Barcelona
- Keiretsu Forum
- Seed&Click Angel Network
- The Crowd Angel
Are you looking for expert guidance and feedback to build a startup in Barcelona?
The Founder Institute is an idea-stage accelerator that works with solo-entrepreneurs, and teams, during the earliest stages of building a business. Through an intensive 3.5 month program, FI participants build their business through a proven structured process, and receive feedback and assistance from over 30+ successful entrepreneurs and investors in Barcelona. Upon completing the program, Graduates join a global network of entrepreneurs and receive ongoing help to get funding and build their business. FI Graduates have raised over $900M in funding, and are building some of the world's fastest growing companies.
Learn more about the Founder Institute at FI.co, join a free startup event in Barcelona, or apply to build a startup in Barcelona today.