The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Athens 2016 (Postponed) Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2016-12-04) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Athens, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
The news of the launch was covered on multiple news outlets including on Fortune Greece by Μαρία Ακριβού in the article titled "Εκκίνηση για το Founder Institute" and also on EMEA Business Monitor by Δημητρίου ΠΟΓΚΑ in the article titled "Founder Institute: Στην Αθήνα το μεγαλύτερο πρόγραμμα startup acceleration παγκοσμίως - Πότε ξεκινά, πόσο κοστίζει, ποιοι συμμετέχουν".
Leading the Founder Institute's efforts in Athens are Michalis Stangos and Carla Tanas, co-founders of Industry Disruptors-Game Changers, an organization promoting entrepreneurship in Greece and the surrounding region.
In addition, participants in Athens will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including;
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Alex Eleftheriadis: Co-Founder, Vidyo
- Antonis Markopoulos: Managing Director, Oceania Region
- Apostolos Apostolakis: Advisor and co-founder
- Carla Tanas: Owner, EVNTZ
- Dimitris Mallas: Journalist
- Fay Christodoulou
- Fotis Draganidis: General Manager, Microsoft Innovation Center Greece
- John Doxaras: Founder & CEO , Warp.ly
- Kostas Karolemeas: Founder, CEO, Allcancode
- Michalis Stangos: CEO, MSCOMM SA
- Michalis Gkontas: Founder , FORKY
- Nikos Goulis: CEO, Pamediakopes.gr
- Pamela Caravas
- Philipp Brinkmann
- Vassilis Nikolopoulos: CEO and Co-Founder, Intelen Inc
- Xenios Thrasyvolou: Founder & CEO, PeoplePerHour.com
- And many more to be announced.
In only 8 years of operation, over 2,300 graduate companies across 170 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.