4 Barrow Street
- Start Date: Wed Jun 21, 2017
- Starts at: 06:30 PM
- Ends at: 09:00 PM
CEO & Founder, FunnyBizz
Whether you are preparing for a business presentation, giving a wedding toast, defending your thesis, raising money from investors, this class will take you from nervous and sweaty to stage-ready.
- Anyone who needs practice and expert advice on presenting
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company (customers & investors need to remember you!)
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup or looking for a co-founder
What are some of the Topics?
- How top business speakers are using humor
- One Sure Fire Way to Add Funny to any content
- How To Replicate Top TED Talks
- Basic Comedy Writing Techniques
- Quick ways to get engaging fast
- Storytelling Tips that everyone can use
- How to critique your own stories
- Never go blank on stage with the memory palace technique
- Content delivery tips for all levels
- Manage stage fright
What have people said about this workshop?
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Public Speaking Workshop
- Discussion and Drinks at a Local Bar or Restaurant
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit http://FI.co/events.
Who is David Nihill?
David is the author of the best-selling book Do You Talk Funny? and the Founder of FunnyBizz, a community, writer platform, and conference series, where business meets humor to abolish boring content. His work has been featured in Inc., Lifehacker, The Huffington Post, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, NPR, The Wall Street Journal, The Irish Times, and Forbes.
His program with over 16,000 students has been featured by Prezi as one of the best training courses for presenters, and his book remains one of the highest rated in the world on the (usually not so wildly exciting) topic of public speaking.
A popular speaker (according to his mother and a select panel of people that can’t be named), David works with San Francisco State University, General Assembly, UC Berkeley and the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center as a course instructor. He has also been a guest lecturer at Hult International Business School, University College Dublin, UC Berkeley, Stanford Business School, and spoke as part of Google’s author talks series. Currently he is the author in residence at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center where his work was featured in their Pitch Tool Kit, a collaboration with the US Chamber of Commerce. His clients include top companies like LinkedIn, Hubspot, KPMG, Creative Live, best-selling authors, TV personalities, CEO's, TED speakers and a penguin he once failed to make funny.
He has performed standup comedy at leading clubs including Cobbs, the Comedy Store, the Improv, the Punchline and the Upright Citizens Brigade even though he strongly denies being a comedian and is well aware most people don't understand his accent. As a storyteller he finished runner up in NPR's the Moth's largest US story telling competition and has won multiple Moth Storyslam competitions.
A graduate of the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School he calls San Francisco home when immigration officials permit, and was named on the 2017 Irish America 100 List, which recognizes the accomplishments of the best and the brightest Irish-American and Irish-born leaders.
Related EventsMore events
- 01:00 PM
- Ryan Micheletti and Jonathan Greechan
- Various Times