21 Rue Glesener
- Date: Oct 18, 2018
- Time: 11:30 am - 03:00 pm
- Timezone: America/New York
Supported by Women in Technology Network
Join Women in Tech and female founders from all over the world to launch impactful technology startups.
Who Should Attend the Pitch Bootcamp?
- Anyone who needs practice and expert advice on pitching
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup or looking for a co-founder
What are some of the Topics?
- What are the components of a great startup pitch
- How do you pitch complex concepts in a simple way
- What are some mistakes to avoid when pitching
- How do you know when you pitch is good enough
- and more...
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Keynote by Patrick Brady "Get to Memorable: How TED Speakers are (or aren’t) Remembered"
- Expert Talks on How to Pitch Your Business
- Pitch Workshop
- Speed Pitching
- Audience Pitching
- Discussion and Drinks
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit https://FI.co/events.
About the Keynote by Patrick Brady:
Get to Memorable: How TED Speakers are (or aren’t) Remembered
Maya Angelou once said, “People aren’t going to remember what you tell them, they are going to remember how you make them feel”.
Well, she was half right… There are ways to ensure that people walk away from your presentations remembering exactly what you want them to.
Are you curious why:
• out of all the TED Talks you have heard, you only remember a couple of them?
• you walk away from a presentation thinking you were no better off than when you walked in?
• your presentations don’t result in your intended outcome?
Whether you are a leader of a team, giving a presentation or doing your own TED Talk, in this session you will learn the tips and tricks to be memorable.
PJ Brady is a presentation coach and currently coaches speakers for TEDxGhent and TEDxBruxelles. He has coached leaders and speakers since 1998 when he toured with an international musical. After three years on the road performing on stage, he found exceptional similarities between what it takes to put on a world-class musical and delivering a message as a speaker; story-telling, scripting, engaging audiences, informing, inspiring, influencing. It is this experience that PJ translates into his keynotes and workshops.
Related EventsMore events
- 10:00 AM
- Ryan Micheletti and Jonathan Greechan
- Various Times