Today we have some exciting news to share.
With the recent graduations of the Summer 2013 Semesters, we have just eclipsed 1000 companies launched.
Anthony Ha of TechCrunch covered the story in an article entitled " ".
The Institute, led by Founder & CEO Adeo Ressi and a mighty-lean team of eight in Silicon Valley, has achieved this milestone is just a mere 4.5 years. We now have chapters launching meaningful and enduring companies across 55 cities, 30 countries, and 6 continents.
In total, through our structured company-building curriculum led by experienced startup founders, we have now launched 1,003 Graduate Companies with;
- 1,114 Graduate Founders and Co-Founders
- An estimated portfolio value in excess of $5 billion
- Six exits or liquidity events (public exits include Shopalize and Gridblaze)
- Over 10,000 jobs created
- 89.5% Graduate companies still operating (versus 115 companies dissolved)
- 73.5% Graduate companies operating at or ahead of schedule (versus 146 companies with Founders still employed or companies struggling)
- Worldwide, only 35.5% of applicants are accepted, and only XX% of enrolled founders complete the program and graduate.
But we are not stopping there. In just the last two weeks we launched chapters in Munich and Portland, we are currently accepting applications in over 20 cities, our pipeline is filled with potential new city launches (specifically Dublin, Tokyo, Nairobi, Bangkok, Baltimore, Seoul, Manila, and Tomsk), and we have several semesters currently in session as well.
To “Globalize Silicon Valley” and help promising entrepreneurs launch companies that will create over 20,000 new jobs per year by 2020.
How do we do it? See our method of "Globalizing Silicon Valley" in the infographic below.
If you want to help foster entrepreneurship on a global scale, then Launch a Founder Institute Chapter in your local city.
Or, if you want to join a growing network of global entrepreneurs and launch an enduring company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors, then Apply to the Founder Institute today.
A special thanks to our directors, mentors, and graduates around the world who have helped make this possible. Your dedication, passion, and vision are what makes the Founder Institute the great organization it is today. Together we will continue to foster entrepreneurship on a global scale, and help change the world one company at a time.