Now is the time to rebuild: the world needs entrepreneurs to lead the way in creating a better future, for everyone.
Whether you have already launched a startup or are still in the idea-phase, this is the time to act. 2020 brought havoc to our health, our society, and our economy, and what remains is a world filled with reshuffling industries and new problems that need to be solved. As we continue through 2021, every entrepreneur has an opportunity to play a part in helping shape that better future.
That's why we are excited to announce applications are now open for the San Diego Virtual 2021 program.
If you could use a structured process and a lifetime of support from San Diego's top investors and entrepreneurs to build something meaningful, then apply to the San Diego Virtual 2021 Founder Institute today.
Program Update: This accelerator will be run online with local and international mentors, with the potential for some optional in-person networking. Learn more on our Virtual Program FAQ page.
We will be hosting several free startup online events in San Diego over the coming weeks, where you can learn virtually from top entrepreneurs from the comfort of your home:
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200+ cities worldwide, the Founder Institute is designed to help you build an enduring business that can survive and thrive in this “new normal.” We do this by giving you a clear process combined with constant feedback from a devoted network of international entrepreneurs and investors. Participants in the 4-month core program also get access to a lifetime of support through the Founder Institute's industry-leading free post-programs.
The San Diego accelerator is led by some of the region's top startup leaders, including Ben Cote and Mike Sherbakov. In addition, some of San Diego's top investors, entrepreneurs, and CEOs will be participating as mentors in the program, providing expert feedback and evaluation. The list of startup mentors for the San Diego Founder Institute includes:
- Aaron Keith: CEO, Buildify Systems
- Albert Chow: CFO & SVP Operations , PrimaCinema
- Alex Bard: Founder & CEO, Assistly
- Amar Harrag: CEO, Allied Green Realty
- Amir Emadi: CEO, Skylift Global
- Andrew Gottlieb: Founder & CEO, No Typical Moments
- Andy White: Startup Advocate, Downtown San Diego Partnership
- Anton Monk: Co-Founder/ VP of Technology , Entropic Communications
- Austin Neudecker: Managing Partner, Weave Growth Partners
- Ben Cote: Director of Brand, Neurohacker
- Brian Storms: no title, No company
- Carl Thomas: Chief Revenue and Business Development Officer, Hookit
- Chris Capdevila: Founder & Former CEO, LogicalApps
- Chris Carter: CEO & Co Founder, VideoFort
- Cleve Adams: Principal
- Courtney Gant: CEO & Co-Founder, Skooltopia
- Dan O'neill: VP Engineering, Certona
- Daniel Obodovski: Co-founder, Managing Partner, Diosys Technologies LLC
- Daniel Arroyo: President & CTO, AstroPrint
- Daniel O'neil: Executive Director, Smart Chicago Collaborative
- Darryl Rettig: Co Founder & CTO, DonationMatch
- David Stevens: Founder & CEO, Hydroponic Creations
- David Metzler: CEO, CBD Capital Group
- David Steel: CEO, EveryoneLinked
- Ed Cleary: Principal, Root Strategy Group
- Ellen Chang: Partner, Lightspeed Innovations
- Eric Grab: Aspiring Explorer, Technologist, Advisor, and Coach, Formerly: Amazon, Booz Allen, DivX, Jaunt, San Diego State
- Farooq Anjum, Ph D: Co Founder & CEO, Gro Guru
- Frank Peters: Founder & Host, Frank Peters Show
- Gina Paoni
- Grant Creighton: CEO & Founder, LooperLink - LOOPER Golf
- Iva Teixeira: CEO, The Good Face Project
- Jacob Sapochnick: CEO, Sapochnick Law Firm
- James Schmachtenberger: CEO, Neurohacker Collective
- Jason Liebrecht: VP of Technology, Activbody Inc
- Jason Pang: COO, WHIFF, Inc
- Jason Zinn: President, Nutritional Growth Solutions
- Jenny Rodriguez: CEO & Founder, IVOREEZ
- Jessica Pratt: Senior Vice President of Sales, Pop & Bottle
- Joe Bezdek: Co-founder, DivX, Inc.
- Jonah Peake: EIR, Startup San Diego
- Jose Doval: CEO & Founder , XBand Sports
- Judy Tsuei: Founder, Wild Hearted Words
- Justin Renfro: Director of Partnerships, WeFunder
- Justin Nahama: Partner, FisherBroyles, LLP
- Ken Wahlster: Founder & CEO, BikeBandit.com
- Ken Davenport: CEO, Mission Edge
- Larry Kesslin: Chief Connector, Spire
- Leo Spiegel: Managing Partner, Mission Ventures
- Mark How: CEO, NewGrowth & Origins eCommerce
- Mark Schmid: CEO, Art Function
- Matthew Hedayat: CEO and COO, Stanford Technical Group
- Michael Floyd: Software Engineering and Product Management Leader, Freelance Software Engineering and Product Management Consultant
- Michael Davidovich: Founder & Prior CEO
- Michel Kripalani: CEO, Oceanhouse Media
- Mike Sherbakov: CEO, Greatness Collective
- Neil Senturia: CEO, Blackbird Ventures
- Pablo Fernandez: CEO, Secret Table
- Parker Harris: CEO, Junto Global
- Pat Walsh: Co-Founder / Chief Impact Officer
- Peter Shaw: Managing Director , Procopio Business Advisors
- Reid Carr: CEO & Founder, Red Door Interactive
- Rhana Pytell Kozak: CEO & Founder , BRIGHTERSTEP
- Ricardo Dos Santos: Sr Director of New Business Development , Biological Dynamics
- Rick Valencia: Founder, ProfitLine
- Roger Rappoport: Partner, Procopio
- Rupak Doshi: CEO, TurboSBIR
- Ryan Tseng: Co Founder, Warehouse Innovations
- Sam Mazzeo: Managing Partner, Better APC
- Sarah Apsel: Angel Investor, 37 Angels
- Scot Chisholm: CEO & Chairman, StayClassy
- Shaiwal Priyadarshi: CTO, Co-Founder, MetaMedia
- Shaun Alger: CRO, Volohaus
- Tirrell Payton: Tirrell Payton - Founder & CEO, Kaliki (San Diego FI), Kaliki
- Troy Hazard: Global President, Entrepreneurs Organization
- Ty Vachon: CEO, iaso.ai
- Tyson Mc Dowell: President, Avadyne Health
- Yann Deredec: CEO, Yama Group
- And many more to be announced.
Since 2009, the Founder Institute has helped over 5,000 Alumni raise over $1 billion funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more (see the FI 10 Year Impact Report here).
Join us in San Diego to help build the future.
Apply to the San Diego Virtual 2021 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.