Today, the Founder Institute, the world's premier idea-stage accelerator and startup launch program, is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Washington DC Winter 2018 Semester!
If you want to launch a startup in Washington DC and could use expert training and feedback, then apply to the Washington DC Founder Institute today, or attend a free event.
Those who apply by the Early Admissions Deadline (2017-12-03) will have their application fees waived (typically $50), and if you enroll by the Early Deadline you are also eligible for Founder Institute Fellowships.
Since launching in Washington DC in 2017, the Founder Institute has helped launch several promising companies in the region, and our efforts in Washington DC have also been profiled by several high profile media channels.
To celebrate the launch, the Washington DC Founder Institute will several free startup events for the general public, where you can meet top entrepreneurs and learn more about the program:
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to transition from employee to entrepreneur, test their startup ideas, build a team, get their first customers, raise funding, and more - like Udemy, Realty Mogul, iCarsClub, Itembase, goplaceit, and Appota. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200 cities and 60 countries, the Founder Institute's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
Running the Founder Institute's efforts in Washington DC are local startup leaders Barbary Brunner (Chief Marketing Officer, Phunware, Inc.), Martin Martinez (Founder, A-Player Media, Inc.), and Paul O'Brien (Chief Executive Officer, MediaTech Ventures).
In addition, some of Washington DC's top entrepreneurs will mentor founders in the program, providing them with expert training, feedback, and evaluation. The list of mentors for the Washington DC Winter 2018 includes:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Ajay Sravanapudi: CTO, Videology
- Ali Sorbi: Principal, Pendulum Advisors
- Allyson Redpath: Board Member, Westchester Land Trust
- Chris Duffus: Co-Founder, Leaf College Savings, LLC
- Chris Vizas: Founder and CEO, East Wind Partners
- Christian Na
- Christina Hedberg: Founder, LiveEdge Business Development
- Cody Semrau: Founder and CEO, BetterMynd
- Danielle Tate: Founder & CEO, MissNowMrs.com & Elegant Entrepreneur
- Dave Sandrowitz: Owner & Principal Consultant, Substrate LLC
- David Giannini: Chairman and CEO, Cirrusworks, Inc.
- Ed Harrell: Managing Partner, Harrell Capital Partners LLC
- Ed English: Chief Product Officer, Higher Logic
- Ellis Rosenberg: Vice President, Sales, WellDoc, Inc
- Eric Koefoot: Co-founder, Ascend Sales Partner
- Frances Reimers: Principal , Firestarter
- Genevieve Nixon: Founder and CEO, Planet with Friends
- Glen Hellman: Glen Hellman - Business Strategist, Driven Forward, LLC (Baltimore FI) , Driven Forward, LLC
- Gorkem Sevinc: CTO, emocha Mobile Health Inc
- Greg Lewin: Business leader
- Henry Hunter: ceo, Incidr
- Jeb Ory: Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Phone2Action, Inc.
- John Holaday: Chairman and CEO, DisposeRx Inc.
- Joseph Daniels: Partner, Co-Chair -- Venture Capital and Emerging Companies Group , McCarter & English, LLP
- Joshua Konowe: Founder & CEO, Uppidy.com
- Kathie Brady: CEO Group Chair, Vistage
- Lilian Ting: Founder, Urban Haven
- Liz Sara: Managing Director, Best Marketing, LLC
- Liza Rodewald: Co-founder, Hire Mad Skills
- Mariya Bouraima: Founder and CEO
- Maura O'brien Ali: CEO and Managing Director, American Growth Solutions
- Michael Riemer: Advisor, ABJJ Consulting
- Mike Wittenburg: Solutionist, the Center for Advancing Innovation
- Naresh Verma
- Neil Kleinberg: Founder/CEO, DiliVer
- Paul Schwinn: Associate Attorney, Shulman Rogers
- Peter Ettinger
- Roger Yee: Roger Yee - Investor/LP, Fortify Ventures , Fortify Ventures
- Ronald Uba: Senior Business Development Specialist, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Rosemarie Truman: Founder and CEO
- Ryan Sears: Co-Founder & CEO, SurveySnap
- Sanjay Prasad: Founder/ CEO, SurgiPrice/ SurgiConnect
- Sean Makulowich: Founder/CEO, IdeaFire™ Consulting
- Tien Wong: Founder and CEO, Lore
- Tim Keough: Founder & CEO, WythMe
- Tyrone Taylor: President, Capitol Advisors on Technology, Former NASA Director
- You Mon Tsang: Founder and CEO, ChurnZero
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is the most challenging and effective step-by-step startup launch program for talented and motivated aspiring entrepreneurs. If you are serious about launching a startup, the Founder Institute can give you the structured process, constant feedback and evaluation from expert mentors, and global network of entrepreneurs you need to start an enduring company. In addition, the Founder Institute is the only program of its kind that focuses on people versus ideas, accepts founders with day jobs, and shares equity with all participants.