For Entrepreneurs Practicing Social Distancing
While this month began with COVID-19 highjacking our media headlines and a lot of our collective brainpower, we at the Founder Institute plan to help founders regain control by redirecting focus from panic to progress with a free series of webinars for entrepreneurs.
These online events are part of the Founder Institute’s effort to combat COVID-19 by providing educational opportunities entrepreneurs can undertake from the comfort and safety of their own homes. These startup events—held both in the mornings and afternoons to reach a variety of global timezones—will help founders adapt and remain productive while practicing social distancing. Stay at home, and tune in to our educational events.
We need to collectively stop the spread of the Coronavirus by only going into public for the absolute essentials. Let's capitalize on this time, and continue to learn and build impactful startups.
For more online startup events, visit OnlineStartupEvents.com. Learn about the Founder Institute’s efforts at #StopTheSpread.
1. “How Startups Can Cope with Coronavirus and an Economic Recession”
by Adeo Ressi, Co-Founder of Founder Institute.
on Wednesday March 18th
09:00-10:00am PST - convert to your timezone here
During this live and interactive event, Adeo Ressi (CEO of Founder Institute) will discuss the opportunities and challenges the COVID-19 pandemic is creating for businesses, and outline strategies for startups to survive and thrive in a recession.
2. “Founder Hotseat: Pitch Your Startup Idea to Entrepreneurs and Experts.”
from Founder Institute HQ experts
Tuesday March 24th
09:30-10:30am PST - convert to your timezone here
Could you use blunt, honest feedback on your startup ideas? On this live and interactive online event you can pitch your ideas to a panel of experts for ratings and feedback. Even if you don't want to pitch, you are invited to hear startup ideas and watch how the experts analyze businesses.
3. “Cash Planning for Startups in Uncertain Times”
by Amy Wu, Partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners
Thursday March 26th
16:00-17:00 PST - convert to your timezone here
An interactive online discussion with Amy Wu, partner at Lightspeed Venture, where founders can learn how to manage in today's economic state.
4. “Healthtech Online Demo Day”
from Founder Institute graduates
Tuesday March 31
10:00-11:00am PST - convert to your timezone here
Now more than ever, the world needs entrepreneurs building impactful companies in the healthtech space. On this live and interactive online event, you can watch pitches from innovative seed-stage healthtech startups in the Founder Institute portfolio, and ask the founders questions.
5. “The Future is Coming Fast: Big Changes to Expect in the Next Century”
with Peter Diamandis, Co-Founder of XPrize, Singularity University, and NY Times best-selling author of "Abundance – The Future Is Better Than You Think.”
Thursday April 16th
10:00-11:00 am PST - convert to your timezone here
Learn about the massive changes coming to society and how they will impact businesses from Peter Diamandis, the Co-Founder of XPrize, Singularity University, and NY Times best-selling author of "Abundance – The Future Is Better Than You Think."
More Online Events will be scheduled shortly! Sign up for updates here.
Other ways Founder Institute is helping:
- Prevention - First up is prevention. Here is our prevention strategy, which includes working from home, offering online alternatives to traditionally in-person events, and reducing travel.
- Fellowship - Secondly, we redirected resources to offer a fellowship to founders who are building a public health startup. This pandemic impacts everyone, which means that we all need to contribute to the greater good.
- Mental wellness - Alongside the public health fellowship are our mental wellness tips for everyone: founders, mentors, investors, and even for your next door neighbor. It's a quick read. If you feel compelled to share it, we just ask that you knock on your neighbor's inbox instead of their actual door.
- Hope - Closely following is hope! Like coins, there's another side to even this seemingly dreary chapter. We've provided 5 reasons on why now is a great time to begin your startup.
- Free online resources - See the webinars above, read up on wellness and how to fight loneliness, or check for updates at OnlineStartupEvents.com.
While our realities change from day to day, together we are capable of adjusting and remaining productive. Humans have proven to be extremely resilient for millenia, and we are confident that we will overcome the COVID-19 pandemic. Our greatest ask is that you remain at home as much as possible. In the meantime, tune into one of our upcoming webinars, join our program, or provide us with feedback!