One of the biggest benefits for aspiring entrepreneurs in Frankfurt is the vast number of startup and tech events in the area. At these many events, experienced CEOs, founders, and investors in Frankfurt share their experiences and knowledge with the next generation of startups.
In the post below, we’ve listed plenty of startup events and groups in the Frankfurt area for every stage of your startup, whether you’re testing your idea, looking to learn new skills, meet potential co-founders, find investors, or just meet new and interesting people.
Inspirational Startup Events
The are many inspirational startup events and Meetups in Frankfurt, where you hear interesting stories from experienced entrepreneurs and begin to meet others in the Frankfurt startup community. The great thing about these events is that they are open to the public and very welcoming to newcomers.
Best Practices Startup Events
Frankfurt is home to a plethora of beginner knowledge-sharing events. These events are each focused on specific topics related to building a business, and feature expert speakers that share their best practices, tips for success, and pitfalls to avoid. Most of these events are free, but some may charge a small ticket fee that is definitely worth the investment.
- Founder Institute events:
- Co-Founders Connect: Find a Business Partner Online: 7:00pm, Dec 04, 2023 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/333547
- Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
- Startup Market Outlook for 2024: What to Expect with Funding (Online): 7:00pm, Dec 05, 2023 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/333545
- Pitch Lounge: Get Feedback on Your 1-Minute Pitch Idea from Startup Experts: 7:00pm, Dec 13, 2023 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/333693
- Ask an Investor Anything: Q&A with a Venture Capitalist: 7:00pm, Dec 18, 2023 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/333542
- How Do You Find Product-Market Fit for Your Startup: 7:00pm, Jan 08, 2024 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/333966
- Founder Showcase: Pre-Seed Startup Pitch & Networking Event (Online): 7:00pm, Jan 10, 2024 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/333435
- How to Secure Your First Investment as a Startup Founder in 2024: 7:00pm, Jan 17, 2024 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/334332
- Startup Growth Workshop: Essential Elements: 7:00pm, Jan 24, 2024 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/334211
- Startup Ideation: Finding a Problem That Matters: 7:00pm, Jan 31, 2024 (Europe/Berlin): https://FI.co/e/333877
Events to Network and Form a Team in Frankfurt
When you're ready to start building a team, it's time to attend events, talk about your startup project, and meet people that share your interests in Frankfurt. While attending any of the events listed in this post can help you meet potential team members, the events below are especially useful
Builder-Focused Events and Hackathons in Frankfurt
If you have a technical skillset, or are looking to network and learn from people that have a technical skillset, then it is worth looking into the maker-focused events in Frankfurt. These include hackathons, technical Meetups, and other communities that foster people building products.
Investor Networking Events in Frankfurt
If you already have a team and/or product, then you might be ready to start networking with investors in Frankfurt. There are many events in Frankfurt that gather angel investors (affluent people that invest their personal capital in early-stage startups or entrepreneurs, and generally provide only a small one-time investment to help the business grow), angel investor groups (networks, or syndicates, of angel investors who pool their resources together to invest more money than would typically be issued with a private angel investment), and venture capital firms (large institutional funds that provide large amounts of funding for later stage companies with impressive and proven growth), like the ones listed below.
Are you looking for expert guidance and feedback to build a startup in Frankfurt?
The Founder Institute is an idea-stage accelerator that works with solo-entrepreneurs, and teams, during the earliest stages of building a business. Through an intensive 3.5 month program, FI participants build their business through a proven structured process, and receive feedback and assistance from over 30+ successful entrepreneurs and investors in Frankfurt. Upon completing the program, Graduates join a global network of entrepreneurs and receive ongoing help to get funding and build their business. FI Graduates have raised over $1.75BN in funding, and are building some of the world's fastest growing companies.
Learn more about the Founder Institute at FI.co, join a free startup event in Frankfurt, or apply to build a startup in Frankfurt today.