The Washington DC Founder Institute, the local chapter of the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is proud to announce the newest Alumni from the Washington DC Virtual 2021 program.
Over 160 people applied to the program, and after an intense four months of aggressive business-building sprints and constant evaluation and feedback from investors and mentors, just 5 companies were able to make it through.
Each of these Founders have demonstrated a high level of perseverance and creativity, and their businesses have been thoroughly vetted and supported by a panel of Washington DC's top startup experts and investors.
And now, without further ado, we present the Alumni of the Washington DC program:
FINFO - The Financial Info You Need
The Washington DC Virtual 2021 program would not have been possible without help, because it truly takes a city to raise a startup. We would first like to thank the Local Leaders of the Washington DC Founder Institute: Brian Bassett, Guc Ozenci, and Hank Yuan. Our Local Leaders play an incredibly important role in building the local Founder Institute program, and creating an environment and network in Washington DC that is conducive to building to great companies.
In addition, the Washington DC Virtual 2021 program was supported by some of Washington DC's top technology organizations, including:
Some of Washington DC’s top startup mentors helped our founders in the program, including:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO
- Allyson Redpath: Board Member, Westchester Land Trust
- Amelia Friedman: Co-founder, Hatch
- Angela Long: Brand Experience Officer , The American Marketing Association in DC
- Anuj Agrawal: Chief Marketing Officer, Earth Networks
- Aydin Bolkar: VP of International Operations, Alarm.com
- Benjamin Young: CEO, Sworkit
- Brent Halliburton: Brent Halliburton - VP of Products, Verve Wireless (Washington DC FI) , Verve Wireless
- Brian Bassett, Simple Thread
- Bryan Duarte: CEO, Enliten
- C. Derek Campbell: CEO, Blue Holding Oceans
- Chris Haug: Founder and CEO, 360° Venture Management Group
- Christopher Wink: Publisher and CEO , Technically Media
- Cynthia Gilmer
- Dan Myers: Co-Founder & Partner, 42Phi Ventures
- Dan Hnatkovskyy: CEO and Co-Founder, Propertymate
- Danielle Tate: Founder & CEO, MissNowMrs.com & Elegant Entrepreneur
- Dave Mc Carthy: Executive Director, Potential Energy DC
- David Giannini: Chairman and CEO, Cirrusworks, Inc.
- Ed Harrell: Managing Partner, Harrell Capital Partners LLC
- Ed English: Chief Product Officer, Higher Logic
- Ellis Rosenberg: Vice President, Sales, WellDoc, Inc
- Eric Koefoot: Co-founder, Ascend Sales Partner
- Frances Reimers: Principal , Firestarter
- Fred Cohen: Founder and CEO, Angel to Exit
- Frederic Gumbinner: Managing Partner , G2 Development Partners
- Geneviève Nixon-Weems: Founder and CEO, Geneviève Global
- Gira Desai: Managing Partner / Co-Founder, Aleberry
- Guc Ozenci: Venture Partner | Co-Founder | Mentor | Angel, @ Founder Institute |Peoplise | SlashPay | ShopUpStories | Prisync
- Hank Yuan: FI Mentor, .
- Henry Hunter: ceo, Incidr
- Howard Eisenberg: Founder , EuroSort
- Jamil Ramsey: Founder and CEO, Snap Contacts
- Jeb Ory: Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Phone2Action, Inc.
- John Holaday: Chairman and CEO, DisposeRx Inc.
- Justin Etheredge: Partner, Simple Thread
- Kathie Brady: CEO Group Chair, Vistage
- Keith Segerson: CEO, P3 Innovation Strategies
- Kiki Ramsey: Founder, Kiki Ramsey International
- Kyle Brown: Founder - CEO
- Laura Clark: VP, Brand Development , MeatMe Pet Food
- Lisa Friedlander: Founder Board Member, Citrine Angels
- Liz Sara: Managing Director, Best Marketing, LLC
- Liza Rodewald: Co-founder, Instant Teams
- Marcos Filho: Full-time MBA student, University of Michigan Ross School of Business
- Mark Ein: Founder , Venture House Group
- Mark Kass: Senior Counsel , Crowell & Moring LLP
- Mashea Ashton: Founder and CEO , Digital Pioneers Academy
- Matt Mandell: Principal, PayNerd.com
- Matthew Repetto: Associate , Crowell & Moring LLP
- Maura O'brien Ali: CEO and Managing Director, American Growth Solutions
- Melissa Akkaway: Partner, The Particulars
- Michael Riemer: Advisor, ABJJ Consulting
- Michelle Pham: Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Mirza Baig: Partner, Aldrich Capital Partners
- Naresh Verma: Analyst - Mentor - Coach - Product Design, Data Visualization, Yoova
- Neil Kleinberg, DiliVer
- Nicola Corzine: Executive Director , Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center
- Nitin Pradhan: Founder and CEO , ScaleUP
- Onur Kutlu Gago: Founder & Growth Coach, Tale
- Paul Singh: Chief Hustler, Results Junkies
- Peter Ettinger
- Rajesh Rai: Partner, Montane Ventures
- Randy Reade: Co-founder, Washington ArchAngels
- Richard Rothstein: CEO, Rothstein Consulting
- Rokas Beresniovas: Head of Growth, Commercial and Small Business Leading, NIH Federal Credit Union
- Ronit Avni: Founder , Just Vision
- Sam Feigi: Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Sanjay Prasad: Founder/ CEO, SurgiPrice/ SurgiConnect
- Sean Makulowich: Founder/CEO, IdeaFire™
- Shahed Amanullah: Managing Director, Frost Capital
- Spencer Hansen: Director of User Experience & Design, Simple Thread
- Stanley Mc Chrystal: Founder , McChrystal Group
- Stephen Lehman: Chairman and CEO , CoFounders Lab
- Steve Ryan: Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Steven A. Rodriguez: Startup Programs Regional Manager US / Canada, Techstars
- Tien Wong: Founder and CEO, Lore
- Tom Smith: Co-founder, Truss
- Tony Amer: Managing Partner, TRANSFORMity
- Tyrone Taylor: President, Capitol Advisors on Technology, Former NASA Director
- You Mon Tsang: Founder and CEO, ChurnZero
- Zac Blanco: Senior Manager, Keiter
In the Founder Institute's pre-seed accelerator program, early-stage entrepreneurs and teams build their business alongside a critical support network of local startup experts that share equity in their success, and through a structured and challenging business-building process that has helped alumni raise over $1 billion.
After Graduation, the new Washington DC Founder Institute Portfolio Companies now have a fast-growing company that has been fully validated by experienced startup founders, with access to the Founder Institute's global network and post-graduate support programs to continue building their business.
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to raise funding, building a co-founding team, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200+ cities and 90+ countries, the Founder Institute’s mission is to Globalize Silicon Valley and empower talented and motivated entrepreneurs to build companies that will create one million new jobs.
The next Washington DC Founder Institute program is being planned now. If you are interested in being notified when applications open, visit FI.co/apply/washington_dc.
* * *
Alumni of the Founder Institute are creating some of the world's fastest growing startups, having raised over $1 billion in funding, and building products people love across over 200 cities worldwide.
See the most recent news from our Grads at FI.co/news, or learn more about their stories at FI.co/journey.