New 'Founder Institute Space Tech Virtual 2022' accelerator program to help launch Aerospace Entrepreneurs to the stratosphere and build the 'beyond Earth' future
With SpaceX and Blue Origin milestones that dominated global news headlines, 2021 was the biggest year in history for commercial space technoloy - but 2022 will be even bigger. Aerospace tech has not been nearly this exciting since the 1970s space race, and this time Space Tech entrepreneurs are the leaders actively pushing humanity back to the stars.
Founder Institute is the world’s most proven network to turn ideas into fundable startups, and startups into global businesses. Past Founder Institute space tech collaborations include a longstanding partnership with NASA Ames Research Center to help founders to leverage NASA software and technology transfer - however, in addition to Outlandish Ventures, an early stage venture fund investing in aerospace and other frontier technology startups, new partners for the Space Tech Virtual 2022 accelerator also include the Norfolk Institute, Arkisys, the National Upcycled Computing Collective, and Startup ISAO.
The goal of the program is to help launch more than 20 promising space tech companies in 2022, and help further establish Founder Institute as a global startup ecosystem leader and magnet for early-stage aerospace founders.
Previous Founder Institute Alumni in the space technology industry include Atomos Space, which recently finalized a $5M investment round for its in-space orbital transport technology, as well as Ceres Robotics, a robotic lander company that is among just a handful of Commercial Lunar Payload Services (CLPS) companies approved by NASA to bid on moon landing projects as part of the upcoming Artemis and other lunar missions.
Applications to the Location Forthcoming Founder Institute are now open, and anyone building an aerospace tech company can apply at FI.co/apply/location_forthcoming.
Program Update: This accelerator will be run online with local and international mentors, with the potential for some optional in-person networking. Learn more on our Virtual Program FAQ page.
To celebrate, the Founder Institute will host several free online space tech events in the coming weeks, where you can learn from top industry entrepreneurs and investors:
- WEBINAR: Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
The experts that have been critical in launching the Space Tech Virtual 2022 Founder Institute include program leaders Dan Lopez, Kelli Kedis Ogborn, Kirill Satanovsky, Pete Biggam, and Will Cadell.
Opportunities are flourishing today in Space Tech. There's now an increasingly connected ecosystem to support even pre-seed stage aerospace founders - and Founder Institute can increase any aspiring space technology entrepreneur's chances of success, by providing the necessary founder mindset and key network connections!
In addition, many top industry founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors have signed on to mentor participating entrepreneurs in the Location Forthcoming Founder Institute program, including:
- Aaron Patzer: Founder, Mint.com
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO
- Alexandra Johnson: Managing Director, DFJ VTB Aurora
- Alexandra Wilson: Founder, Investor & Advisor, Gilt Group, Montage Ventures
- Alexis Beechen: Co-Founder & CEO, The Drop, Mangrove Estates
- Bob Richards: Founder & CEO, Moon Express
- Bram Cohen: Founder, BitTorrent, Chia Network
- Cheryl Yeoh: Founder, Investor & Advisor, Reclip.It, MaGIC
- Claire Mc Gregor: Co-Founder, Appbot
- David Sacks: Founder & Investor, Yammer, Paypal, Zenefits
- David Wu: General Partner, Maveron Ventures
- David Rose: Author & CEO, Gust, New York Angels
- Divya Gugnani: Co-Founder, Send the Trend, Wander Beauty
- Emna Ghariani: Global Director, Founder Institute MENA
- Eren Bali: Founder, Udemy, Carbon Health
- Eric Ries: Author & Founder, The Lean Startup, Long Term Stock Exchange
- Garrett Camp: Founder, Uber, Expa, StumbleUpon
- Gina Bianchini: Founder & CEO, Mighty Networks, Former CEO of Ning
- Heather Harde: CEO, TechCrunch
- Holly Liu: Co-Founder, Kabam
- Jason Calacanis: Author, Investor & Founder, Inside.com, LAUNCH Accelerator
- Jason Johnson: Founder & CEO, August
- Jeffrey Paine: Managing Partner, Golden Gate Ventures, Singapore
- Jessica Alter: Entrepreneur & Advisor, Tech for Campaigns, Social Capital
- Jessica Mah: Founder & CEO, inDinero, Impact Collective
- Jill Stelfox: Co-Founder, Graffiti Sports, Binary Group
- Jilliene Helman: CEO, RealtyMogul.com
- Joanna Lord: CMO, ClassPass
- Jonathan Greechan: Co-Founder & CEO, Founder Institute
- Jonathan Abrams: Founder, Nuzzel, Friendster
- Justin Moore: CEO & Investor, Axcient
- Kenneth Hogrefe: CEO and Founder, Tech Africa Pte. Ltd.
- Kirsten Rose: Head of Low Emissions, BHP, Clean Energy Entrepreneur
- Lucy Beard: Founder & CEO, feetZ
- Mark Pincus: Founder, Zynga
- Michael Seibel: CEO & Partner, Y Combinator
- Nitin Pachisia: Founding Partner, Unshackled Ventures
- Phil Libin: Founder, All Turtles, Former CEO of Evernote
- Rashmi Sinha: Co-Founder, SlideShare
- Robin Chase: Co-Founder & Former CEO, Zipcar
- Rosemarie Truman: Founder & General Partner, Gazelle Futures, Center for Advancing Innovation
- Sam Yagan: Co-Founder, OK Cupid, ShopRunner, Techstars Chicago
- Scott Heiferman: Co-Founder & CEO, Meetup
- Scott Painter: Founder, Fair.com, TrueCar, CarsDirect.com
- Sergio Maziano: Founder & CEO, NEXT Solutions
- Tim Ferriss: Angel Investor & Author, 4-Hour Workweek
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute's structured program results speak for themselves: FI Alumni have raised over $1.75BN in funding, and are building impactful businesses across 200+ cities and 95+ countries all across the globe. (see the FI 50 Report here).
Join the new FI Space Tech accelerator in 2022.