The Monterrey Founder Institute, the local chapter of the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is proud to announce the newest Alumni from the Monterrey Virtual 2021 program.
Over 140 founders applied to the program, and after an intense four months of aggressive business-building sprints and constant evaluation and feedback from investors and mentors, just 12 companies were able to make it through.
Each of these Founders have demonstrated a high level of perseverance and creativity, and their businesses have been thoroughly vetted and supported by a panel of Monterrey's top startup experts and investors.
And now, without further ado, we present the new Alumni of the Monterrey program:
The Monterrey Virtual 2021 program would not have been possible without help, because it truly takes a city to raise a startup. We would first like to thank the Local Leaders of the Monterrey Founder Institute: Astrid Chedid, Mario Garcia Davila, Rogelio De los Santos, and Sofia Machuca. Our Local Leaders play an incredibly important role in building the local Founder Institute program, and creating an environment and network in Monterrey that is conducive to building to great companies.
In addition, the Monterrey Virtual 2021 program was supported by some of Monterrey's top technology organizations, including:
Some of Monterrey’s top startup mentors helped our founders in the program, including:
- Adolfo Babatz: CEO, Clip
- Alejandro Basave: Partner, BCS Abogados
- Alex Santana: Venture Capital BD Manager, Amazon Web Services
- Américo Ferrara: Managing Partner, LifeisToShort Capital
- Ana Lucía Cepeda Ferrara: Co-Founder & CEO, Beyond Work
- Andres Quintanilla: Co-Founder & CEO at Monto, Monto.mx
- Andrés Amador: Principal, Blue like an Orange Sustainable Capital
- Astrid Chedid: Regional Director for LAC and Spain, Annual Investment Meeting
- Camila Lecaros: Managing Director, MassChallenge
- Carlos Egremy: Co founder & Managing Partner, Onephase
- Cecilia Cantu Martínez: Senior Legal Expert, Astelaris
- Chintan Oza: Advisor, Lloyds Ventures
- Christian Aguirre: Principal, Dalus Capital
- Constantino Matouk: Managing Director, Bimbo Ventures
- Dalton J. Wright: Partner, Kickstart Fund
- Eduardo Lozano: Associate, Ignia Partners
- Eduardo De La Garza: General Manager, Monterrey Digital Hub
- Eduardo Macías Valadez: CEO & Author, Sniper Canvas
- Emmanuel Moreau: Co-Founder, Brands&People
- Eric Acher: Founder and Managing General Partner, Monashees
- Gerardo Macías: Founder & Managing Partner, ASTELARIS
- Gildardo García: Chief Revenue Officer, NowPorts (YC)
- Gustavo Huerta: CEO / Co-Founder , Bluebox Ventures
- Hernan Hazah: Co-founder and Managing Partner, Kaszek
- Ignacio Alvarez: Cofounder & CEO, Moneypool
- Javier Garcia: Director, Femsa Ventures
- Javier Cuñat: COO, Services for Startups
- Jenaro Martínez: Innovation & Strategic Alliance Director, Axtel
- Jeremi De La Cruz: Head of Growth Marketing, PideDirecto.mx
- Jesus Martínez: Founder & CEO, EnviaFlores.com
- Jonathan Lewy: Co-founder and CEO, Investo
- José Barquet: Socio, CBR Asesoría Legal
- Juan Carlos Pascual: CEO, Kommplex Analytics
- Juan Carlos Pascual: CEO, Kompplex Analytics
- Juan Pablo Sanchez: COO & Founder, Bluebox Ventures
- Karina Astorga: Agile team, UDEM
- Leopoldo Cepeda: Head of Complex Legal Transactions, Astelaris
- Lissy Giacomán Colyer: Co-Founder & CEO, Vinco
- Lucas Mendes: Co-Founder, Revelo
- Luis Javier Hernandez: Founder & CEO, gyfted.shop
- Mairon E. Sandoval: CEO, OneCarNow!
- María Renner, GRIDX
- Maria Luisa Vazquez: Advisor, Hey Banco
- Mario Garcia: Cofounder & Partner, FI Institute
- Mario Sosa: Partner, ASTELARIS
- Martín Martinez: Entrepreneur in Residence, Founder Institute
- Patricio Villarreal: Co-Founder and CEO, Alivio Capital
- Pilar Avendaño Antunez: Consultant, IDB Lab
- Rene Lomeli: COO, 500 Startups Mexico
- Rene Lankenau: Founder & CEO, Whitepaper
- Rodolfo Rubio: VP Marketing, Tec de Monterrey
- Rogelio De los Santos: Cofounder and Managing Partner, Dalus Capital & FI Monterrey
- Romina Casadevall, GRIDX
- Ronni Samir Sulaka: Co-Founder & CEO, PideDirecto
- Ruben Galindo: CEO, CapitalTech
- Salvador Alva: CEO, Novo Capital
- Santiago Sada Lutteroth: Cofounder & Partner, AngelHub.mx
- Santiago Maldonado: Co-Founder & CEO, Lernit
- Santiago Vicaría: SVP Sales LATAM, Ontop
- Sofia Machuca: Open Innovation Manager, Axtel
- Stefan Plotz: General Manager, Magna CIMS
- Thomas Hogg: Managing Director, TMH Consulting & Investment Group
- Vicente Schittek: Ontop, Ontop
In the Founder Institute's pre-seed accelerator program, early-stage entrepreneurs and teams build their business alongside a critical support network of local startup experts that share equity in their success, and through a structured and challenging business-building process that has helped alumni raise over $1.75BN.
After Graduation, the new Monterrey Founder Institute Portfolio Companies now have a fast-growing company that has been fully validated by experienced startup founders, with access to the Founder Institute's global network and post-graduate support programs to continue building their business.
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to raise funding, building a co-founding team, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200+ cities and 95+ countries, the Founder Institute’s mission is to Globalize Silicon Valley and empower talented and motivated entrepreneurs to build companies that will create one million new jobs.
The next Monterrey Summer Virtual 2022 Founder Institute program is enrolling now. If you are a pre-seed stage entrepreneur interested in learning more or applying, visit FI.co/apply/monterrey.
* * *
Alumni of the Founder Institute are creating some of the world's fastest growing startups, having raised over $1.75BN in funding, and building products people love across over 200 cities worldwide.
See the most recent news from our Grads at FI.co/news, or learn more about their stories at FI.co/journey.