We’re excited to announce that we are increasing our impact on the nascent startup ecosystem in Colombia by launching our second city there: Medellin.
If you or someone you know could benefit from expert training and feedback to launch a technology startup in Colombia, click here to apply to Medellin. Final Applications are due this Sunday, April 22nd. Applications for the Bogota Founder Institute are due this Sunday as well.
Alan Colmenares will lead the Medellin program. He is an expat and former Intel Capital Strategic Investment Manager in Mexico and Brazil who has spent most of the last 16 years in Colombia. He has written articles that have appeared in NYTimes.com as well as VentureBeat and his own blog, TropicalGringo.
Though Bogota is the capital of Colombia, Medellin has several innovation initiatives that the city has been promoting for the last several years. Among these is Ruta N, who recently convinced Hewlett-Packard to set up a Global Services Center there and is a key ally in establishing the Founder Institute program in Medellin.
Confirmed Mentors for the Medellin program include:
- Adeo Ressi, Founder of TheFunded.com and the Founder Institute;
- Thomas Floracks, Co-founder and CTO of VivaReal, a Latin American real estate site with funding from angel investors such as Greg Waldorf as well as funds such as Kaszek Ventures;
- Martin Schrimpff, Co-founder of online payment platform PagosOnline, which was acquired by Naspers and Buscape more than a year ago;
- Jose Velez, Co-founder and CEO of online payment platform Pagosonline;
- Alejandro Gonzalez, Co-founder of online game company Zio Studios, which recently closed a $1.2M round of financing;
- And many more to be announced soon.
Apply to the Medellin Founder Institute today.
Questions about applying? Then join a Q&A Conference Call with the Institute's Founder, Adeo Ressi, to get them answered. There are several calls scheduled over the next few weeks. Click here for more info.