The Denver Founder Institute, the local chapter of the world's largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is proud to announce the newest Alumni from the Colorado Virtual 2020 program.
Over 130 people applied to the program, and after an intense four months of aggressive business-building sprints and constant evaluation and feedback from investors and mentors, just five companies were able to make it through.
Each of these Founders have demonstrated a high level of perseverance and creativity, and their businesses have been thoroughly vetted and supported by a panel of Colorado's top startup experts and investors.
And now, without further ado, we present the Alumni of the Colorado Virtual 2020 program:
- AdventureSafely - an app that saves lives, AdventureSafely allows outdoor recreational adventurers to discover locations in remote areas with enough cell signal to send a text message, such as text-to-911 in an emergency.
- OneBook - your local connection to the services you need, OneBook helps users create sustainable relationships by providing one place for them to request service providers conveniently.
- Lever Photonics - turns high-end laboratory methods into cost-effective tools that craft brewers can tweak the taste and smell of their beer at different steps of the brewing process.
- Alpen Life- a mountain sports mobile app, Aplen Life is for biking, skiing, hiking, snowboarding, cycling, and enjoying your favorite mountain sports all year with activity planning and access to resorts, clubs, and more.
- GZI - a B2B SaaS helping companies increase returns through more integrated data, GZI Hub customizes scanners and datasets for clients according to their needs.
The Colorado Virtual 2020 program would not have been possible without help, because it truly takes a network to raise a startup. We would first like to thank the Local Leaders of the Colorado Founder Institute: Alex Cooper, Anthony Mazy, Diane Bailey, and James Rector. Our Local Leaders play an incredibly important role in building the local Founder Institute program, and creating an environment and network in Colorado that is conducive to building to great companies.
In addition, the Colorado Virtual 2020 program was supported by some of the state's top technology organizations, including:
In the Founder Institute's pre-seed accelerator program, early-stage entrepreneurs and teams build their business alongside a critical support network of local startup experts that share equity in their success, and through a structured and challenging business-building process that has helped alumni raise over $950M.
After Graduation, the new Colorado Founder Institute Portfolio Companies now have a fast-growing company that has been fully validated by experienced startup founders, with access to the Founder Institute's global network and post-graduate support programs to continue building their business.
Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to raise funding, building a co-founding team, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 200+ cities and 90+ countries, the Founder Institute’s mission is to Globalize Silicon Valley and empower talented and motivated entrepreneurs to build companies that will create one million new jobs.
The next Colorado Virtual Founder Institute accelerator program is enrolling founder applications now - to learn more, visit FI.co/apply/denver.
* * *
Alumni of the Founder Institute are creating some of the world's fastest growing startups, having raised over $950M in funding, and building products people love across over 200 cities worldwide.
See the most recent news from our Grads at FI.co/news, or learn more about their stories at FI.co/journey.