Now is the time to rebuild: in 2021, the world needs entrepreneurs to lead the way in creating a brighter future for all.
As a result, the Founder Institute, the world’s largest pre-seed startup accelerator, is excited to announce that it is officially launching its newest chapter in Caracas. While the Silicon-Valley based program has chapters in over 200 cities worldwide, early-stage entrepreneurs in Caracas can finally now take advantage of the Founder Institute's renowned structure, mentor support, and network to build an enduring company that can survive and thrive in the “new normal” or 2021 and beyond.
Applications to the first ever Caracas Founder Institute are now open, and anyone interested in building an impactful technology company can apply at FI.co/apply/caracas.
Program Update: This accelerator will be run online with local and international mentors, with the potential for some optional in-person networking. Learn more on our Virtual Program FAQ page.
The Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the support network and structured growth process needed to get to traction and funding, and build something that matters. So whether you already have a business or are still in the idea-phase, now is the time to act.
Since 2009, the Founder Institute has helped over 5,000 Alumni raise over $1 billion funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more (see the FI 10 Year Impact Report here).
To celebrate the launch, the Founder Institute will host several free online startup events in Caracas, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs and hear more about the program from the comfort of your home:
The experts that have been critical in bringing the Founder Institute to Venezuela include local startup leaders José Acuña, Marco Villegas and Sandy Gómez.
In addition, many of the region's top founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors have signed on to mentor new entrepreneurs in the Caracas Virtual 2021 Founder Institute program, including:
- Alberto Parra: CEO and Founder, BRiX
- Alejandra Carreno Garzon: CEO and Founder, Meixter Ltd.
- Alejandra Perez: Founder, Investability
- Alejandro Echeverría: CEO and Founder, Fancision
- Alexandra Delsol: Partner, A2 Legal, S.C.
- Alfonso Riera: Director, Front Consulting Group
- Álvaro Miguel Cabrera: DIRECTOR, Founder Institute Valencia
- Andrés Mejía: Partner, LEGA Abogados
- Angela Ocando: Course Director, Platzi
- Antulio Moya: Associate, SquareOne capital
- Aracelis Nass: Business Program Manager, Microsoft
- Armando Goncalves: CEO and Founder, Apetoi
- Arnoldo Matheus: CEO, Protegetuviaje.com
- Boris Ackerman: CFO, Fanemotional
- Carlos Vargas: CEO, 1001 Ideas
- Carlos Mosquera: CEO, Solidus Capital
- Carlos Heinze: Co-Founder and Director, Tu Gruero
- Carlos Echeverria: Co-Founder and Director, Fancision
- Carlos Riera: CEO and Founder, Pimedeit
- Carlos Perez: CEO and Founder, Entrein
- Carlos H Brandt: CEO, Proemprendimiento
- Carolina Gómez: Co-Founder, Invertir en Chile
- Cody Isabel: CEO, CBAi
- Daniel Roitbarg: Innovation Manager, DXC Technology
- Daniel Rottenberg: Managing Partner, Private Investment Firm
- David Centeno: CEO, 123Pago
- David Carrasquilla: Founder, Ustartups
- Diana Espino: Managing Partner, SquareOne capital
- Diego Borel: CEO and Founder, Geblix
- Federico Fernandez: Entrepreneurship, Finance & Investments, OTEPI Energía Solar
- Fernando Ríos: Director, Startup Grind Caracas
- Fiorella Torres: CFO, Agros
- Franca Messina: CEO and Founder, BRANDINME
- Gabriel Monroy: CEO, Colektia
- Guillermo Guzmán: GP, Indio VC
- Gustavo Rivas: Director, Grupo Samán Capital
- Horacio Velutini: CEO, Fondo de Valores Inmobiliarios, S.A.C.A.
- James Tsikerdanos: Director of Sales Training, Smart Systematic Selling
- Jean Clauteaux: CEO and Founder, Uriji
- Johana Duarte: CMO, Uriji
- Jose Acuña: Director, FI Caracas
- Jose Schmucke: CTO, e4Cash
- Jose Miguel Farias: Founder, MásSaber
- José Rafael Gamero: Financial Security Operations, Nu Bank
- Jose Ramon Campos Castillo: CEO-Founder, Ozeanic Devices S.L.
- Juan Carlos Ruiz: Founder, Oplus Blue
- Juan Carlos Castillo: Partner, Tinoco, Travieso, Planchart & Núñez
- Juan Jose Franco: Co-founder and COO, Future_is
- Karen Colin: CMO and Cofounder, LAPIEZA.IO
- Laura Fornasari: Finance & Business Development Consultant and Business Angel, IAE Business School
- Lorenzo Camejo: Co-Founder and CTO, Fancision
- Lucylde Gonzalez: Public Affairs Expert, Acesso Marketing e StartYou
- Luis Santiago: CEO, Pegasi Med
- Marco Villegas: Director, FI Caracas
- Marcos Capote: Consulting Manager, OMNIS
- Maria Castro: CEO and Founder, Gigget
- Maria Luke: CEO and Cofounder, Fixme.es
- María Victoria Díaz: Directora de innovación y consultoría, Smartbase Group
- Mariana Velásquez: Founder - CEO, BRANDDU
- Marisela Cuevas: CEO, NeuroBusiness LLC
- Martha Laura Lopez, SIPI Fund
- Matias Mindlin: CEO and Founder, Pinta Libre
- Miguel Melendez: Customer Support and Sales Representative, HQ Rental Software
- Mike Green: Co-Founder, sirrus7
- Nelson Palmero Durán: Cofundador - Director, catalejovirtual.com
- Nicolas Pacheco: CEO, Clabe Ganadera
- Noelia Rodriguez: ACS Services Sales Representative, Oracle
- Oscar Costero: President of the Board, Wikimedia Venezuela
- Patsy Salgado: Product Owner, Kavak
- Ramon Scott: Founding Partner, InnovaRe Capital México SAPI
- Ramón Escovar: Partner, ESC+G
- Randy Cottin: Founder & CEO, Nesta.se
- Raul Perez Gurdian, Citi
- Rebeca Vidal: Ejecutiva Principal, CAF
- Reinaldo Valbuena: Co-Founder, Germinador
- Ricardo Castillo: Assistant Corporate Controller, Facebook
- Roberto Dumerauf: CEO, Came Pagos
- Roberto Vargas: CEO, Betriax
- Rodrigo Franco: Operations Manager, Folionet
- Rolando Cruzado: President & Founder, PDMA Peru
- Rosmilar Ceballo: CEO, Atina Energy Services
- Samuel Gómez Milano: CEO, CoinGroup
- Sandy Gómez: Director, FI Caracas
- Sebastian Delmont: Principal Engineer, Artemis
- Silvana Liscano: Product and User Research, Lunchclub
- Simon Chamorro: CEO-CoFounder, Valiu
- Susie Jaramillo: President and CCO, Encantos
- Thomas Bardinet: Director, Private Investment Firm
- Victor Charles: COO/CFO and Founder, Coco
- Wilbert Moreno: CEO, Celeritech
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is designed for founders and teams all throughout the pre-seed stage, including aspiring founders with a full-time job, solo founders, teams, and founders of established companies that are pre-funding. The organization's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
Join us in Caracas and help build the future.
Apply to the Caracas Virtual 2021 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.