Founder First, Founder Always. Join us in 2023: Founder Institute is the #1 place in the world to turn ideas into fundable startups, and startups into global businesses.
Today’s economic 'New Normal' is full of reshuffling industries, and new problems in need of solutions - now is a time for entrepreneurs to act.
Whether you need to test and validate early hypotheses before making a large financial commitment to your startup idea, or you are ready to push your startup to the next level through aggressive weekly growth sprints to refine your vision, improve key metrics, and prepare for investor diligence, Founder Institute has the proven processes and network to help you do it.
If you could use a structured process that tells you what to focus on when, and a lifetime of support from Uganda's top investors and entrepreneurs, then apply to the Uganda 2023 Founder Institute today.
We will be hosting several free startup events in Uganda over the coming weeks, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs all from the comfort of home:
- Meet the Alumni from the Uganda Founder Institute on 5:00pm, Apr 03, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/307352
- Meet and Greet with Uganda Directors, Mentors, & Alumni on 6:00pm, Apr 18, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/307346
- Founder Meet & Greet: In-Person Startup Networking in Kampala on 6:00pm, Apr 25, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/307349
Global or Regional Events:
- Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
- The Startup Founder’s Guide to Building an Effective Go-To-Market Strategy on 8:00pm, Apr 03, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/317575
- Getting Your First 10 Customers as an Entrepreneur (Online Event) on 1:00pm, Apr 05, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/318216
- Co-Founders Connect: Find a Business Partner Online on 8:00pm, Apr 12, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/319797
- Hiring Your First Employees as a Startup Founder (Online Event) on 8:00pm, Apr 17, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/319805
- Product-Led Growth: Learn the Latest Best Practices from Wes Bush on 8:00pm, Apr 19, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/319808
- Growing a Startup from $0 to $2.5M in Revenue, with Ameet Mehta on 1:00pm, Apr 24, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/318307
- Startup Idea Pitch Practice: Get Friendly Feedback from Experts (Online) on 8:00pm, Apr 26, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/317170
- How to Improve Operational Efficiency in Your Startup on 8:00pm, May 03, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/319505
- Ask an Investor Anything: Q&A Session with Eric Kulberg on 8:00pm, May 08, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/319595
- How to Write Top-Performing Facebook & LinkedIn Ads on 8:00pm, May 15, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/318816
- Ask an Investor Anything: Q&A with a Venture Capitalist on 1:00pm, May 17, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/320871
- Hiring the First Marketer for Your Startup with Emily Kramer on 8:00pm, May 22, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/319697
- Why VCs Invest in Immigrant Startup Founders on 8:00pm, May 24, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/319925
- Co-Founder Networking: Find a Business Partner, Online on 8:00pm, May 31, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/316868
- Startup Idea Pitch Practice: Get Friendly Feedback from Experts (Online) on 8:00pm, Jun 07, 2023 (Africa/Nairobi): https://FI.co/e/317295
Make better, faster business decisions in 2023 by sharing your latest progress, challenges, and strategies for constant feedback and evaluation from our expert mentors and advisors, every step of the way–scale your team, develop new business opportunities, and recruit an amazing advisory board with the world's largest network of international startup founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors.
The Uganda accelerator is led by some of the region's top startup leaders, including Alan Lwetabe (Director, Founder Institute Kampala), Allan Rwakatungu, Chukwuemeka Fred Agbata Jnr. (Co-founder, techbuild.africa), Ivan Kahangire (Co Director Founder Institute & Oracle East Africa Territory Manager, Oracle), Jacinta Anyinge (Co-Director, Founder Institute - Kampala). In addition, some of Kampala's top entrepreneurs will be participating as mentors in the program, including:
- Aeko Ongodia: CEO, XENO Technologies
- Akua Nyame Mensah: Certified Executive & Leadership Coach, A.N.M & Company
- Alan Lwetabe: Co-Director , Founder Institute Kampala
- Albany James: Founder, Foodsasa
- Alex Ponton: Investment Manager, Iungo Capital
- Allan Rwakatungu: CEO, Xente
- Anna Lindbäck: CEO & Founder, Startup Strats
- Barbara Mutabazi: CEO, HiveColab
- Chintan Oza: Founder, Anantam Ecosystems
- Chris Foltz: Entrepreneur In Residence, Founder Institute + Responsible Solutions Ltd + IRG 100 CMO's & Change Agents
- David Wangolo: Investment Manager, Pearl Capital Partners
- Davis Musinguzi: CEO, Rocket Health
- Dickson Mushabe: CEO, Hostalite
- Edmund Kamugisha: Portifilio lead, JSF
- Edwin Moses Byaruhanga: Senior Advisor, Simon Kucher & Partners
- Evelyn Namara: CEO, Vouch Digital
- Francis Nkurunungi: COO & Co-Founder, Xente
- Francis Nasyomba: Principal, Raisin Capital
- Geogette Ndabukiye: Co-Founder & CMO, WaziVision
- George Mulindwa: Investment Manager, GenAfrica Asset Managers
- Idowu Akinde: Founder, Boolean Labs
- Ivan Kahangire: Co Director, Founder Institute Kampala
- Jacinta Anyinge: Leader, Founder Institute Kampala
- James Byaruhanga: GENERAL MANAGER, RAXIO DATA CENTER
- John Paul Namoma: Investment Officer, Nithio
- Kenneth Legesi: CEO & Co-Founder, Ortus Africa Capital
- Lavina Ramkissoon: Africa's Voice - Chairperson and Director #aiMom, Founder Institute
- Mark Kleyner: Co-Founder, Dream VC
- Matiullah Rahmaty: Founder/President , BrightPoint Consulting Services
- Melissa Howell: Entrepreneur in Residence, Founder Institute Uganda + GRPTHNK
- Michael Akampa: Co-Founder, Investure
- More Argwings Kodhek: Director of Marketing, Made by People
- Moses Abindabizemu: COO, Cellulant
- Moses Abindabizemu: COO, Cellulant
- Neha Pandya: Co-Founder & COO, Flip Africa
- Nelson Kituuka: MD, Discount Cards Limited
- Obol Muttu: Financial Analyst, Uganda Electricity Regulatory Authority
- Philip Gasaatura: Country Director, Katapult
- Pritam Onsker: Founder & CEO, Tailorsmart.in & Brunchbites.in
- Rajeev Agarwal: CEO, Renga Tech
- Rebecca Sabiiti: Partner, Blair & Company Advocates
- Robert Kirunda: Partner, Kirunda & Wasige Advocates
- Rose Mary Nakasenge Bbosa: Founder, MARBO GLOBAL INVESTMENTS LTD
- Russell Brand: CEO & Founder, Responsible Solutions Limited
- Silver Kayondo: Partner, Ortus Advocates
- Simon Turner: Founding Partner, Groundbreaking, Managing Director, FI Ghana
- Steven Wamathai: Principal, Evernai Capital
- Susan Nsibirwa: Managing Partner, Urge Uganda
- Uche Aniche: Founder, Rebel Seed Capital
- Vivien Patt: Group CFO, Simusolar Inc
- Walied Albasheer: CEO, Intuitio VC
- And many more to be announced.
Since 2009, Founder Institute’s highly-structured accelerator programs have helped over 6,500 entrepreneurs to grow quickly, know what to do next, and make key connections through the largest community of startup advisors in the world.
It all starts with our renowned ‘FI Core’ accelerator, which pushes founders at the idea and pre-seed stages to reach the milestones needed for investment and sustained growth. Alumni of FI Core then receive free access to our advanced ‘Founder Lab’ accelerators for years to come, and can get matched with prospective investors in the FI Venture Network - a collection of global funds actively investing in the earliest rounds of funding.
Join us in Uganda to get funded and build a global business.
Apply to the Uganda 2023 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.