Founder First, Founder Always. Join us in 2022: Founder Institute is the #1 place in the world to turn ideas into fundable startups, and startups into global businesses.
Today’s economic 'New Normal' is full of reshuffling industries, and new problems in need of solutions - now is a time for entrepreneurs to act.
Whether you need to test and validate early hypotheses before making a large financial commitment to your startup idea, or you are ready to push your startup to the next level through aggressive weekly growth sprints to refine your vision, improve key metrics, and prepare for investor diligence, Founder Institute has the proven processes and network to help you do it.
If you could use a structured process that tells you what to focus on when, and a lifetime of support from Japan's top investors and entrepreneurs, then apply to the Japan 2023 Founder Institute today.
We will be hosting several free startup events in Japan over the coming weeks, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs all from the comfort of home:
- Founder Institute Japan 2022 Cohort Graduation on 6:00pm, Feb 07, 2023 (Asia/Tokyo): https://FI.co/e/311795
Global or Regional Events:
- Founder Institute Online Information Session: https://FI.co/infosession
- [Restricted] Venture Trailblazers, featuring Tim Draper (VIP Event) on 1:30am, Mar 07, 2023 (Asia/Tokyo): https://FI.co/e/316207
Make better, faster business decisions in 2022 by sharing your latest progress, challenges, and strategies for constant feedback and evaluation from our expert mentors and advisors, every step of the way–scale your team, develop new business opportunities, and recruit an amazing advisory board with the world's largest network of international startup founders, CEOs, advisors, and investors.
The Japan accelerator is led by some of the region's top startup leaders, including Erdinc Ekinci (Co-founder, CEO , Openfor.co, inc), YuLi Shein (Co-founder, COO, Openfor.co, inc). In addition, some of Tokyo's top entrepreneurs will be participating as mentors in the program, including:
- Abe Rezai: Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, H.B. Fuller
- Aki Ohashi: Vice President, Evolution Ventures
- Andrew Shuttleworth: Head Of Business Development, JAPAC, Agorize
- Chiamin Lai: Managing Partner, UB Ventures
- Conrad Kimball: CEO, ADU.Works
- Daniel Maggs: CEO & Co-Founder, Bisu
- Darren Menabney: Lead, Global Employee Engagement, Ricoh Company
- Dr. Mayank Singh: Co-founder, CEO , Impute Inc.
- Erdinc Ekinci: Co-founder, CEO , Openfor.co, inc
- Evan Burkosky: Head of Enterprise Digital Marketing, TechnoPro, Inc.
- Fuminori Gunji: Global Strategic Partnerships Manager, Deel Inc.
- Hideki Suzuki: CEO , TSUCREA Co., Ltd.
- Hiroshi Nishikawa: Director, Orange Fab Asia
- Jad Tarifi: CEO & Co-founder, Integral AI
- Jatin Kataria: Founder & CEO, InMeSta
- Jay Onda: Director (Investments) | CVC Advisory Board Member, Marubeni Ventures | National Venture Capital Association
- Jet Son Tan: Director of Product & Technology, DIVA Corporation
- Jin Tanaka: Director of Investment | Resident Mentor, DEEPCORE | 500 Global
- Jordan Fisher: Co-founder & Executive Chairman, Zehitomo
- Joshua Flannery: Founder & CEO , Innovation Dojo Japan
- Jun Miyazaki: CEO / Mentor, OrangeTechLab
- Karin Wellbrock: Mrs. / Partner , Kay Group K.K.
- Kei Shimada: Executive | Entrepreneur | Award-winning Innovator | Global Keynote Speaker| Startup Mentor | Angel Investor | EMBA, .
- Keigo Namiki: Co-founder, COO/CFO, BizDev Dojo
- Ken Sobajima: Founder & CEO , Tomorrow Access
- Ken Covey: Investment Manager, QXLV
- Kiyotake Sugita: Founder, KLAR K.K.
- Kojiro Seto: Startup Advisor, bTANK LLC
- Kota Fujinuma: Lawyer, Kobayashi Yugeta Law Office
- Krishan Caldwell: General Manager, Japan, Tellus
- Lu Dong: Founder and CEO, TakeMe Co.,Ltd.
- Maaike Doyer: Founder, Epic Angels
- Mahesh Kasar: SVP, Head of Partner Alliance and Indirect Channel Sales, Rakuten Symphony
- Mari Nishiyama: Startup Partner Lead, Stripe
- Marko Simic: Chief Technology Officer, Ascent Robotics, Inc.
- Masafumi Kamishiro: Senior Vice President, Bain Capital
- Masaru Nagura: General Manager, CIC (Cambridge Innovation Center)
- Michael Sheetal: Founder / CEO, PlayBrain Inc.
- Michael Sudano: Senior Robotics Operations Engineer, Woven Planet Holdings
- Mikio Kawahara: Chief Investment Officer / Head of Investment and Business Development, UTokyo Innovation Platform Co., Ltd.
- Moaz Hamid: founding partner, mvmt ventures
- Niklas Karvonen: Community Director, Nordic Innovation House - Tokyo
- Noriya Tarutani: Director of Innovation Division, JETRO / J-Startup Affairs
- Reisa Matsuda: Community Manager, Google Japan
- Roger Do: CEO, QSearch
- Ryoichi Kaneko: Partner, Anderson Mori & Tomotsune
- Schyler Alexandra Cole: Associate, Incubate Fund
- Sergio Elias Wilson: Foreign Associate, So & Sato Law Firm
- Serkan Toto: Founder, CEO, Kantan Games, Inc.
- Shigeru Sumitomo: Founder and Representative Director, Conselux Corporation
- Shinya Yamamoto: Founder & CEO, Link & Innovation, Inc.
- Sho Sato: CEO, LUDiMUS Inc.
- So Saito: Founder, So & Sato Law Offices
- Steve Monaghan: General Partner, Finmirai
- Taisuke Alex Odajima: CEO, EDGEof INNOVATION, LLC
- Takaaki Ono: Co-Founder, BlueCircle, LLC
- Takeshi Maruyama: President / Chief Marketing Officer, Sekisui Fuller
- Tao Romera Martinez: Chief Operating Officer, Soundraw
- Taruho Kuroda: Senior Director, R&D Asia-Pacific Hub, LEO Pharma
- Tyson Batino: Founder 創業者, Scaling Your Company
- Xinmei Cai: Engineering Director, Google Japan
- Yoichi Morimoto: Head of Equity Sales & Corporate Access, Startup& Venture Capital Business, Goldman Sachs
- Yoichi Ito: Dean of entrepreneurship dept., Musashino Univ.
- Yoshiki Kimura: lawyer , MURATA & WAKATSUKI LAW OFFICES
- Yoshimi Shinohara: Founder / CEO, Yokohama Ventures LLC
- Yuki Shirato: Managing Director, Yakumi
- Yuki Sato: Co-founder, CEO , Obniz Inc
- Yu Li Shein: Co-founder and COO, Openfor.co Inc
- Yves Lehmann: Mr., if21
- Zak Murase: Managing Director, Pacific Sky Partners
- And many more to be announced.
Since 2009, Founder Institute’s highly-structured accelerator programs have helped over 6,500 entrepreneurs to grow quickly, know what to do next, and make key connections through the largest community of startup advisors in the world.
It all starts with our renowned ‘FI Core’ accelerator, which pushes founders at the idea and pre-seed stages to reach the milestones needed for investment and sustained growth. Alumni of FI Core then receive free access to our advanced ‘Founder Lab’ accelerators for years to come, and can get matched with prospective investors in the FI Venture Network - a collection of global funds actively investing in the earliest rounds of funding.
The results speak for themselves: FI Alumni have raised over $1.75BN in funding, and are building impactful businesses across 200+ cities and 95+ countries all across the globe.
(see the FI 50 Report here
Join us in Japan to get funded and build a global business.
Apply to the Japan 2023 Founder Institute today, or learn more at FI.co/overview.