Meet the Speakers:
Dave Aumuller, Managing Partner, Parachini Benicia Properties: Beyond Dave's military career, he is a results-driven senior-level leader with a long history of managing complex, high-risk projects from envisioning to value realization to successful completion, on time and within budget. A dynamic leader with a proven track record of building and guiding diverse teams toward actionable goals.
Jason Jacobsohn, Founder & Managing Partner
, Propellant Venture
): Propellant Ventures
is a Seed stage venture capital fund that invests in the growth of Chicago and the greater Midwest across a broad range of powerful, diverse, and leading-edge B2B industries.
Arlene Martin, SBA Business Development Officer
): As the #1 SBA lender in the region†
for the last 12 years, Huntington Bank has a great track record of helping people like you get the capital they need to open, acquire or expand a small business.Rick Onyon – CEO & Founder (www.posio.net):
Recognized as Crazy. Misfit. Rebel. Troublemaker. Round peg in a square hole. Not fond of rules. No respect for the status quo. It’s clear Rick thinks different. His specialties: Entrepreneur, product maker, business builder, capital raiser (nearly $200mm to date). Areas of expertise include mobile/wireless applications, social networking, point of sale, and things that just make people lives easier. Founder of FusionOne - Venture backed company focused on mobile phone sync, backup and migration solutions. Customers Include Apple, Verizon Wireless, Alltel, NTT DoCoMo, Bell Canada, and many others.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their startup
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early-stage businesses and products
What are some of the Topics?
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more...