Do you have a startup that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it? Then join us for this online Washington, D.C. fundraising workshop, which will provide practical, step by step advice. It will feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
James P. Dunn, Managing Partner, D Partners
Recently, Jim was CEO and Board Member of Bask Technology. Prior, Jim was CEO for (WPP family) Kantar’s Center Partners. Jim has operated as executive management for publicly and privately held companies including GE ITS, SITEL, Stream International, Access Graphics, Oppenheimer Funds, and Kemper and has served on various boards including Capstone Strategic, Remote Power, and CLBL.
Paul Smith, Managing Partner, D Partners
Paul Smith is a veteran Silicon Valley investor and CEO. He has turned around and sold companies, raised venture capital, served on public boards, and invested successfully in public and private companies. He is especially interested in products and technology, market strategy and segmentation, and developing strong exits for companies. He has been CEO or VP in companies backed my NEA, Mayfield, Intel Capital, US Venture Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, and many other investors.
Seth Greenberg, Chief Marketing Office, D Partners
Seth’s vast marketing experience includes leading remarkable consumer & enterprise brands like Intuit (TurboTax & QuickBooks), LifeLock & most recently repositioning Alteryx from a point solution to the leading data science and analytics platform, with one of the best growth stories from pre to post IPO (NYSE: AYX).
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their startup
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early-stage businesses and products
What are some of the Topics?
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more...