Hear candid talks by successful entrepreneurs, sharing best practices, strategies and mistakes to avoid from those who have done it before. How do you get started on your entrepreneurial journey? How do you find talented people to join your team? What is it really like to build a successful company? This time hear it from Martin Reents CEO of Hetras Gmbh (SaaS Hospitality Startup), german mathematician and physician who made 2 successful exits in last 12 months and 2 times received title German Startup Founder of the Year. Join him on Startup Pitch BootCamp #Spock and in #Startup Factory Zagreb. Listen the pitches of 4 student startups in #Spock & 20 urban tourism startups in Startup Factory Zagreb. Learn from pitches and feedback on them.
Martin Reents - CEO Hetras Gmbh
Your first 5 decisions when founding a startup
If you start out on something new you have to take some decisions first. Not all of them are equally important. Some decisions are rather preliminary and can or even have to be changed every once in a while. Startups call that euphemistically a “pivot” and they are proud of their ability to pivot fast whenever needed. Other decisions last for the rest of your live. It’s these choices which are really important and need a solid foundation.
Martin Reents will walk the audience through this process of becoming a founder and entrepreneur. His talk is based on his own experience as a founder of several business startups and his work with social entrepreneurs: “I never started out with the intent just on making money. Rather, I wanted to change the world, make it a better place to live. And the money followed”
A brief CV:
Martin Reents is a serial entrepreneur based in Munich, Germany. He was founder & CEO of hetras GmbH (SaaS for hospitality startup) and conject AG (SaaS for construction startup). Both companies had a successful exit within the last 12 months. A mathematician and physicist by education, he received several awards as a founder (German founder award, entrepreneur of the year) and as a coach to social startups (2 times winner of the national award "startsocial"). In his former life Martin was active in politics and a member of the delegation to negotiate the reunification treaty between East- and West-Germany.
4 SPOCK @FER student startups pitching at event:
01) Angler - Geometry Camera Solver is a mobile application for solving geometry problems using smartphone's camera, computer vision methods and Angler’s engine for recognizing geometry shapes and measuring their attributes. Team Members: Antonio Buničić, Helena Radiček, Adrian Žgaljić
02) GuitarFriend is an electronic device designed to operate as one of the hands while playing guitar. It is accompanied by an educational software pack intended for a variety of guitar playing stages. Team Members: Ivan Bebić, Antun Skurić,Milenko Šaponja
03) Juvo – Home Friend is comprehensive IoT solution that cares for the safety of children in their most sensitive and vulnerable age inside their home, monitoring their movement and environment. It allows children to move freely and explore their environment while notifying parents when increased supervision is needed. Team Members: Igor Armuš, Bruno Brnas,Karlo Fodor, Helena Galeković, Matija Srbić, Ivor Turčin
04) SAN Internet of Things and low-cost, low-power sensors are terms that do not play along nicely. SAN is here to hack the solution by using adaptive mesh algorithm with goal to provide simple and extendable framework for IoT environments. Team Members: Hrvoje Mihaldinec, Ivan Pavić, Josip Puškar, David Romić, Ivan Spasić, Saša Tepić, Maja Vidošević
Startup Factory Zagreb
Martin Reents - CEO Hetras Gmbh
Google maps, Booking.com or Airbnb have changed the way we travel within a few years only. But which technologies will last? And what comes next? “
Martin Reents, who managed hetras, the first cloud-based Hotel Management System worldwide, says: „We’ve seen dozens of ideas because every new hotel application needs to connect to the Hotel Management System. It feels like beeing in the eye of a storm.“ In his talk, Reents will focus on the main drivers of disruption in hospitality: The emergence of a new generation of travellers, changes in distribution and the impact of big data.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup or looking for a co-founder
- Anyone curious about what it is like to build a successful startup
What are some of the Topics?
- What is it like to be a succesful founder
- What are the first steps in an entrepreneurial journey
- How do you know if you have a good or bad idea
- How to recruit initial Co-Founders, employees and partners
- and more...
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Talks on Founding a Company
- Question and Answer
- 4 SPOCK @FER student startups Pitching
- Discussion and Drinks at a Hostel Swanky Mint - Ilica 50, Zagreb (from 21h further)
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit http://FI.co/events.
[Business sketch photo from Shutterstock]