The majority of VC investments go to a small subset of the population and less than 3% of funding goes to women entrepreneurs. Leading the drive to change these demographics are 3 guest speakers from across the world, from Singapore to Canada. In this live event you will learn about how these mavericks evaluate startups to build diverse portfolios, how to know when a startup is ready for its first round of funding, how to get a meeting with the right investors, and more!
: Chief Investment Officer at Grand Challenges Canada and Managing Partner of Cross-Border Impact Ventures (Canada)Monisha Varadan
: Lead of Product Partnerships at Google & Investor of Zephyr Ventures (Singapore)Kamal Hassan
: Founding Partner at Loyal VC (Canada)
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their startup
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early-stage businesses and products
- Anyone who wants to learn how to diversify their portfolios
What are some of the topics?
- Ways that COVID-19 has changed how investors evaluate startups
- The process for evaluating startups to invest in diverse portfolios
- How other investors can create more diverse portfolios
- When is a company ready for a round of funding?
- How to find the right investors