Choose a city closest to you.
Silicon Valley Spring 2013
Applications: Mar 17, '13
Sessions: Apr 01, '13 - Jul 09, '13
Our vision is to Globalize Silicon Valley by creating and fostering local startup ecosystems in promising markets across the globe. We aim to help launch 1,000 technology companies per year in over 50 cities worldwide.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology and growth enterprises worldwide, as well as the investment banks and venture capital firms that finance them. Over the past four decades, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has established its reputation by having an unmatched knowledge of its clients' industries and deep and long-standing contacts throughout the technology sector. The firm's legal expertise serves clients at all stages of growth, from venture-backed start-up companies to multibillion-dollar global enterprises. The firm's clients include some of the most recognized names in the technology, retail, life sciences, venture capital, and finance sectors. The firm has offices in Austin, Palo Alto, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Shanghai, and Washington, D.C.
First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries provide private banking, private business banking and the full range of wealth management services with an emphasis on exceptional relationship-based service and a solid commitment to responsiveness and action.
Ravix Group - Ravix Group Inc.provides seasoned consulting expertise to outsource the finance, human resources, and facilities functions of early-stage and middle market companies so that management can focus on their priorities to increase the value of their company.
Purplepatch Services is a strategy consulting firm offering technology firms Marketing Communications and User Experience Design solutions.
Inside FI: Our Favorite #Startup VC Pitching Resources
Through both the Founder Showcase and the Founder Institute we come across a lot of great stuff, but below are what we consider to be the best of the best on the subject of pitching to VCs. We consider each of these resources absolute must-reads for any technology entrepreneur who is raising funds.
The 13th Founder Showcase is coming up on March 27th in Mountain View, CA. In addition to the always-entertaining Pitch Competition, there will also be talks by Chris Dixon (Andreessen Horowitz) and Keith Rabois (Khosla Ventures).
Get your tickets today before they sell out at http://foundershowcase.com/tickets.
So, in no specific order..
- "Going to Raise VC? Here's a Primer on Process, People, and Powerpoint Deck" by Mark Suster [video]
- "Raising Venture Capital" by Mark Suster
- "How to Pitch a VC, AKA 'Startup Viagara' Video" by Dave McClure [slides are here]
- "10 Tips for the Perfect Investment Pitch" by Dave McClure
- "Your Solution is not my Problem" by Dave McClure
- David S. Rose's TED Presentation on Pitching to VCs [video]
- "How to Find a Lead Investor" Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3, by VentureHacks
- "Madlibs for Pitches: How to Perfect the One-Sentence Pitch" by Adeo Ressi [video]
- "Anatomy of Seed: An Inside Look at a $1M Seed Round" by Brendan Baker
- "Learn from the Best: Founder Showcase Winning Pitch Videos" by the Founder Institute
- "Lessons Learned: A New Type of VC Pitch" by Steve Blank
- "Pitch Yourself, Not Your Idea" by Chris Dixon
- A Look at Mint.com's Pre-Launch Pitch Deck, by Mint.com
- "The 10/20/30 Powerpoint Rule" by Guy Kawasaki