The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Kansai Autumn 2014 Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2014-10-26) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Kansai, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can
Leading the Founder Institute’s efforts in Kansai are Ichiro Yasui, Narimasa Makino, and Kenshin Fujiwara. Ichiro Yasui is the Founder and Managing Director of HIG Associates Ltd, which specializes in strategic management and investment consulting for early stage companies in Japan and beyond. Narimasa Makino is a manager at Sunbridge StartUps LLP, where he invests in IT and service companies. Kenshin Fujiwara is a Venture Partner at Miyako Capital, a university-backed VC fund based in Kyoto, Japan, is a founder of coworking space search engine Coworkify, and a chairman of StartupKyoto.com.
In addition, participants in Kansai will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including;
- Akihiro Ideguchi: Representative Partner, Achieve Growth Consulting
- Allen Miner: Chairman & CEO, SunBridge Group
- Genichi Imamura: Owner, Questetra, Inc.
- Hiroshi Oka: Japan Office Manager & Incubation Manager, IMJ Investment Partners
- Hitoshi Tanii: Chief Executive Officer
- Ikkei Matsuda: CEO, SARR,LLC
- Ikuo Hiraishi: President & CEO, SunBridge Global Ventures Inc.
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Kunihiko Ono: CEO, Sakanotochu Co.
- Michitoshi Mori: Attorney at Law / Founding Partner, Mori Law Offices
- Narimasa Makino: Manager, SunBridge Global Ventures Inc.
- Shuhei Yamada: Founder, Up performa
- Susumu Iwata: Founder and CEO, LOCKON CO.,LTD.
- Takeshi Ebihara: General Partner, Rebright Partners / Batavia Incubator
- Toshimasa Yagi: Founder, SEED TO CUP Inc.
- Yosuke Nishida: CEO, Modelor, Inc.
- And many more to be announced.
In only 5 years of operation, over 1,249 graduate companies across 85 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.