The Founder Institute, the world's largest startup accelerator, is preparing to launch a very promising Honolulu Fall 2014 (Configuration) Semester.
We have many great startup mentors confirmed, and impressive founders are beginning to enroll in the program as well. But, time is running out to apply.
This Sunday (2014-10-05) is the Early Application Deadline. If you apply by Sunday, you get to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free ($50 value), and are also eligible to receive one of several Founder Institute Fellowships.
If you could use expert training and advice to launch a technology startup in Honolulu, then apply today.
In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs “learn by doing” and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
News of the new semester launch was recently covered by Duane Shimogawa on Pacific Business News: World's largest startup accelerator looking for Hawaii entrepreneurs.
The Honolulu chapter is led by local leaders Russell Cheng (Co-Founder of Dev League) and Brent Kakesako (Executive Director at Hawai'i Alliance for Community-Based Economic Development).
In addition, participants in Honolulu will receive expert training and feedback from an impressive list of mentors, including;
- Bob Nakata: CEO
- Brian Nelson: Co-Founder
- Daniel Leuck: CEO, Ikayzo, inc.
- Darren Kimura: Individual, Various
- Dave Mori: Director of Development, University of Hawaii Cancer Center / UH Foundation
- Dean Levitt: Chief of Culture, Mad Mimi
- Donavan Kealoha: Co-Founder, Asio Corp.
- Evan Leong: Venture Partner, Enerdigm Capital
- Lanai Tabura
- Mike Hulser: CEO, The Biz MD
- Ryan Esaki: Co-Founder, Ukulele Underground
- Steve Sue: Founder, BizGym.com
- Tanna Dang: Founder & CEO, Wedding Cafe, and Eden in Love
- Tim Dick: General Partner, Startup Capital Ventures
- Walter Roth: CEO, inward.me
- And many more to be announced.
In only 5 years of operation, over 1,230 graduate companies across 66 cities have used the Founder Institute to validate their idea, develop their plans, refine their product, build an advisory board, prepare for seed funding, and more.